WOJ BOMB Marcus Morris 1 year deal Knicks

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Re: WOJ BOMB Marcus Morris 1 year deal Knicks 

Post#81 » by Richfield » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:53 am

I like this. Keep the ball in Harden's hands. Make Russ a slasher and transition threat. Reign him in a little compared to OKC. Still have Gordon. Still have Capela. And others.

D'Antoni has his work cut out for him too.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#82 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:54 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:People follow such a herd mentality sometimes. Knicks actually assembled an okay team. Wont be great but much better than some of the east bottom dwellers.

I can only speak for myself, but my opinion on this has nothing to do with 'herd mentality'.
This team will be competitive which does put them above the lowest tier in the east I think. That doesn't mean I can see a clear plan moving forwards though.

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Robinson/Taj
Randle/Portis
Morris/Knox
Barrett/ellington/trier
Elfrid/DSJ

I wont be shocked if this team fights for the 8th seed I'm the east.

My questions are really around where you project Barrett and Knox, and who fits best with Robinson. If you rate DSJ, add him to the list.

So, I'd prefer this...

Robinson/Taj
Randle/Morris
Barrett/Knox
Ellington/Trier
Payton/DSJ

Take Randle out and add Portis if you like. I prefer Portis' fit offensively, but Randle is the far superior player, and his toughness is good.
Obviously this lineup has one less legit NBA player than yours, so I'm not saying it's more talented. But Barrett is a 3 to me, and Knox is a combo fwd. Having Knox in second units with Morris gives a good defensive cover/vet toughness. I'd worry if one ball is enough for Morris, Knox and Smith, so maybe start Smith, use Payton off the bench.

To be clear, Knicks shouldn't be tanking but they should be prioritising their young talent development.

I'm a big believer In breeding a winning culture. Winning 32 games and having the rooks play 25mpg is probably better for their development then playing 32mpg and winning 17 games again.

Long term the focus is DSJ/Barrett/Knox/Randle/Mitchell, but letting them go out with free reign and no vets allows them to develop bad habits.

None of the other guys are long term pieces. if they trade them for value at the deadline and in that time they help mentor the kids, it was a job well done.

I totally agree.
My point is more around fitting them with the right pieces to learn good habits.

So Ellington? Great signing, in that he gives space to the floor you desperately need. Gibson is a pro, so as long as Robinson is earning minutes (and he seems a hard worker) then good. Randle ..well...you need a lead scorer, and he plays hard.

I worry that Portis...and to a lesser extent Morris, but he has pluses...are offensive chuckers who are going to do nothing but encourage the worst traits in Barrett (who lacks the handle to play as a 2 imho) and Knox.

Anyway, that's fine, it's all just opinion. But I do agree that winning culture is important. Both the Clips and the Nets have shown what versatile, hard working teams with upside in an attractive city can do.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,199

Post#83 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:01 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:People follow such a herd mentality sometimes. Knicks actually assembled an okay team. Wont be great but much better than some of the east bottom dwellers.

I can only speak for myself, but my opinion on this has nothing to do with 'herd mentality'.
This team will be competitive which does put them above the lowest tier in the east I think. That doesn't mean I can see a clear plan moving forwards though.

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Robinson/Taj
Randle/Portis
Morris/Knox
Barrett/ellington/trier
Elfrid/DSJ

I wont be shocked if this team fights for the 8th seed I'm the east.

My questions are really around where you project Barrett and Knox, and who fits best with Robinson. If you rate DSJ, add him to the list.

So, I'd prefer this...

Robinson/Taj
Randle/Morris
Barrett/Knox
Ellington/Trier
Payton/DSJ

Take Randle out and add Portis if you like. I prefer Portis' fit offensively, but Randle is the far superior player, and his toughness is good.
Obviously this lineup has one less legit NBA player than yours, so I'm not saying it's more talented. But Barrett is a 3 to me, and Knox is a combo fwd. Having Knox in second units with Morris gives a good defensive cover/vet toughness. I'd worry if one ball is enough for Morris, Knox and Smith, so maybe start Smith, use Payton off the bench.

To be clear, Knicks shouldn't be tanking but they should be prioritising their young talent development.

I'm a big believer In breeding a winning culture. Winning 32 games and having the rooks play 25mpg is probably better for their development then playing 32mpg and winning 17 games again.

Long term the focus is DSJ/Barrett/Knox/Randle/Mitchell, but letting them go out with free reign and no vets allows them to develop bad habits.

None of the other guys are long term pieces. if they trade them for value at the deadline and in that time they help mentor the kids, it was a job well done.

I totally agree.
My point is more around fitting them with the right pieces to learn good habits.

So Ellington? Great signing, in that he gives space to the floor you desperately need. Gibson is a pro, so as long as Robinson is earning minutes (and he seems a hard worker) then good. Randle ..well...you need a lead scorer, and he plays hard.

I worry that Portis...and to a lesser extent Morris, but he has pluses...are offensive chuckers who are going to do nothing but encourage the worst traits in Barrett (who lacks the handle to play as a 2 imho) and Knox.

Anyway, that's fine, it's all just opinion. But I do agree that winning culture is important. Both the Clips and the Nets have shown what versatile, hard working teams with upside in an attractive city can do.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Post#84 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 am

Morris is a low character guy and the knicks are a low character organisation. No surprise here and no surprise why no player of note ever wants to play for the knicks
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#85 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:11 am

LewisnotMiller wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:

So, I'd prefer this...

Robinson/Taj
Randle/Morris
Barrett/Knox
Ellington/Trier
Payton/DSJ

I totally agree.

Agree about Portis. I would have preferred them to grab someone else, but I could also see him having some value as a backup bench scorer who they could move at the deadline.

Morris im not to worried about. Hes got winning experience and I expect him to be on best behavior looking for a big contract next year.

Time will tell, but I dont get why we keep hearing people keep saying MOAR PFs.

Taj is better suited as a center now.
Morris was a 3 until he needed to be a 4. He can absolutely play both.
Knox is wayyy to light to be a 4 at this point in his career.

So that leaves 2 guys who primarily play the 4. I dont see a huge issue.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#86 » by Spens1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 am

You mind leaving some of them forwards for the rest of us knickerbockers.

Seriously though, he already agreed to a deal and now he's backing out, that's pretty sad.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#87 » by Fat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:23 am

Dennis / payton / Ntilkina
Barret / Dotson/ trier / Ellington
Morris / Knox / bullock
Randle / portis / Iggy
Robinson / taj

This team is going to be dirty very dirty
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#88 » by Dr Aki » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:24 am

Got that great Ariza type contract to get a Kelly Oubre level asset
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,861

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:26 am

Wow, huge signing by the Knicks. This really puts a nice cap on their successful offseason.

Pffft hahahaha!!
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#90 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:28 am

FatboyRealPetty wrote:Dennis / payton / Ntilkina
Morris / Knox / bullock
Randle / portis / Iggy
Robinson / taj

Yep, the lottery pick that roster produces will be pretty decent.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#91 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:32 am

Dupp wrote:Morris is a low character guy and the knicks are a low character organisation. No surprise here and no surprise why no player of note ever wants to play for the knicks

Pretty much, Mills and Perry have been dumpster diving all summer.

NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#92 » by NYKHardKnock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:41 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Morris / Knox / bullock
Randle / portis / Iggy
Robinson / taj

We have one of the deepest benches:
Payton—Ellington—Knox—Portis—Taj.

Starters:
Smith, Jr. — Barrett — Morris — Randle —Mitch

One borderline star in the starting lineup. A budding star in RJ. Defensive anchor in Mitch. Morris who is a bull that can do it all offensively. and DSJr who got rid of the hitch in his shot working in this off season; poised for a break through year.

We’ve provided our youth, with guys who are no nonsense. It’s nice to know Knox, Barrett, Zo won’t think they can just jack up shots. These vets will be on they ass, similar the DJ working with Mitch. That’s how you begin a winning culture. They might not he top heavy, but they remind me of last years Nets — a team that will surprise.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#93 » by robillionaire » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 am

Morris / Knox / bullock
Randle / portis / Iggy
Robinson / taj

I love it
Soulcatcher33
Veteran
And1: 2,758

Post#94 » by Soulcatcher33 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:45 am

.He is going to chuck so much. :lol: Perfect situation for him, too, as the Knicks are expected to do nothing.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#95 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:48 am

NYKHardKnock wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Morris / Knox / bullock
Randle / portis / Iggy
Robinson / taj

Uhm, no. We added solid, experienced veteran help, something we haven’t had.

We have one of the deepest benches:
Payton—Ellington—Knox—Portis—Taj.

Starters:
Smith, Jr. — Barrett — Morris — Randle —Mitch

One borderline star in the starting lineup. A budding star in RJ. Defensive anchor in Mitch. Morris who is a bull that can do it all offensively. and DSJr who got rid of the hitch in his shot working in this off season; poised for a break through year.

We’ve provided our youth, with guys who are no nonsense. It’s nice to know Knox, Barrett, Zo won’t think they can just jack up shots. These vets will be on they ass, similar the DJ working with Mitch. That’s how you begin a winning culture. They might not he top heavy, but they remind me of last years Nets — a team that will surprise.

I like Mitch and I think a lot of what you want to happen relies on Smith Jr. taking a step up development wise. But I'm not a fan of having all of these vets in there on one year deals, especially some with questionable character.

All jokes aside, good luck, and remain patient because if you want to see a culture shift it will have to start by having the right people around your young players.

will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#96 » by will » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:57 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bklynspursfan
Junior
And1: 305

Post#97 » by bklynspursfan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:04 am

nzahir wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:Pop doesn’t deserve this. My guy should’ve retired.

He should also stop putting his nose in LAL business

Taking back Derozan, Jakob, and ONE late 1st for Kawhi was a joke on RC and Pop's front

Did you see Kawhi's sister's post? She was annoyed Pop sent Kawhi to Canada.

Plus, Spurs are known for their drafting abilities. Keep an eye on the guy they got with that pick
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#98 » by kennydorglas » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:08 am

Im glad the Knicks finally got a PF.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,760

Post#99 » by CobraCommander » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:11 am

Not really a woj bomb...its a Morris twin...woj firecracker
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#100 » by pootbrah » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:20 am

BVB24 wrote:Jokes aside, total trash move by Morris to let the Spurs trade away a valuable role player to make room for him after he agreed, only to pull the rug out from under them last minute after the Free Agent pool dried up. He’s b****-made for that.

I see your point but keep in mind the Morris twins have been subject to getting f'd by management before and would have learnt from that to always look out for one self over everything else. I still recon signing with the Spurs even at 5mill less a year is a better long term investment for him given the fit.

Return to The General Board