Houston is flying

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Kool_Name_Right
Senior
And1: 513

Re: Houston is flying 

Post#61 » by Kool_Name_Right » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:30 am

inquisitive wrote:people jumping to conclusions just like they did when cp3 joined rockets about the fit with harden.
I know right I'm hearing a lot of the same takes that I heard when CP was originally traded to the Rockets.

Honestly I feel like this is a legit upgrade, Westbrook hasn't played in a pace and space system and with his style of play would ideally fit in with the current Houston roster.

Feel like this gives Harden a more reliable second ball handler and shot creator and gives them a better shot at winning it all.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#62 » by MalonesElbows » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:31 am

I don't think they're going to get the supporting cast to buy in with Harden and Westbrook shooting 80% of the shots.
iggymcfrack
RealGM
And1: 8,056

Post#63 » by iggymcfrack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:33 am

Kool_Name_Right wrote:
inquisitive wrote:people jumping to conclusions just like they did when cp3 joined rockets about the fit with harden.
I know right I'm hearing a lot of the same takes that I heard when CP was originally traded to the Rockets.

Honestly I feel like this is a legit upgrade, Westbrook hasn't played in a pace and space system and with his style of play would ideally fit in with the current Houston roster.

Feel like this gives Harden a more reliable second ball handler and shot creator and gives them a better shot at winning it all.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

Shooting and defense are the skills that scale well as a second star and Paul has both in spades. Westbrook’s only elite skill is playmaking as the lead ball-handler and Hardens already much better at that.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#64 » by BallerTalk » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Chris Paul is a better player, and a better fit. Good luck.

What a difference a couple of seasons makes.
Seems like just two years ago this very forum was telling poor delusional Rockets fans what a horrible FIT CP3 and Harden would be.

stay tuned...
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#65 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 am

I have a strong feeling that this will not end well
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
triple_threat
Veteran
And1: 2,045

Post#66 » by triple_threat » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 am

Soulyss wrote:Ironically CP3 was a better fit alongside harden than Westbrook. Personality issues aside, Westbrook cannot space the floor for Harden... CP3 would punish you if you collapsed on Harden... They will just let Westbrook shoot.

2 1st and 2 pick swaps... and I am not sure they got the better player.

Can gordan and harden punish those that collapse on westie
ocelot17
Starter
And1: 3,829

Post#67 » by ocelot17 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:41 am

Heat4lyf wrote:
SFour wrote:just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it's going to work.....remember when PG got traded to the Thunder and how hyped the PG & Westbrook duo was? and how far did they get....two 1st round exits.

This doesn't even look good on paper

But Westbrook would’ve fit well with butler, right?
TheGOATWill
Analyst
And1: 3,810

Post#68 » by TheGOATWill » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:45 am

Krazykiwi wrote:Under the radar now. Cp3 was always hurt the last two years and the Rockets still remained as one of the top 2-3 teams without him, now they added Westbrook, he’s still an Uber talent just playing the game the wrong way. If Mike D Antonio can get Westbrook buyin to the system , defer to Harden a bit,and play game the right way, this Rockets team can very well win the whole thing next year .

Westbrook
Harden
Gordon
Tucker
Capela

Monster lineup, it gives Houston a different dimension on the offense end now that Westbrook can drive to the rim at will instead of a slow ass CP3.

Houston should be one of the best 3 teams in the west along with the two LA teams.

Somebody is taking fewer shots. Maybe Gordon?
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,767

Post#69 » by Adam Stern » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:47 am

It's funny that for years people were saying Westbrook needs to be surrounded by shooters like Harden has in Houston. Now he has exactly that and people are questioning the fit?
Heat4lyf
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#70 » by Heat4lyf » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:49 am

ocelot17 wrote:
Heat4lyf wrote:
SFour wrote:just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean it's going to work.....remember when PG got traded to the Thunder and how hyped the PG & Westbrook duo was? and how far did they get....two 1st round exits.

This doesn't even look good on paper

Westbrook and harden have had two highest usage rates in NBA history little different no?

And if the heat got that deal done I wouldn't be expecting a title or finals appearance tbh
Champ1on
Rookie
And1: 471

Post#71 » by Champ1on » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:52 am

The West is too stacked. This team won't make a lot of noise in the playoffs and I wouldn't be surprise by a R1 exit.
Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

Post#72 » by Krazykiwi » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:54 am

I think people need to calm down with the paper talk of bad fits. Westbrook is a much better player than CP3 at this point of their careers . Westbrook if used correctly, is the best PG in the league . Yes he can’t shoot that great, but you can’t deny his athletic ability and talent . He just takes a lot of bad shots like 20 feet jump shots. He needs to cut down on badshots and do what he does best that’s driving to the rim and kick out to shooters. I think this is the year he has finally learned that his triple double style isn’t the wining style.

People said the samething about Wade and Lebron being bad fit because both were ball dominant and needed the ball in their hands and both weren’t good shooters. But ultimately they were just too talented and still won together.

Also Houston has a lot of shooters Harden included , it’s a great lineup to put next to Westbrook, Harden is also a much better and consistent scorer than PG13. OKC of last year didn’t have anyone who could get a bucket when needed consistently. PG13 is a sidekick, Westbrook too , Both weren’t capable of being the no1 option. But Harden is a legit No1 scorer. I think Houston will be right there with the other two LA teams . Houston could very well finish as the no1 seed in the west due to Kwahi AD Lebron with the load management.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#73 » by lakerz12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:55 am

I think they're going to win it all. Harden and Westbrook will be hungry.

All it takes is one key injury and a team can surprise everyone the way the Raps did last year.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#74 » by Dupp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:57 am

How they gonna preach threes but also stop west brick from shooting them?

Side not Butler is a weird guy. So many good destinations he could have gone and he chose to play with dion waiters
Rednation91
Pro Prospect
And1: 524

Post#75 » by Rednation91 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:57 am

Richfield wrote:
AJ_Joseph wrote:Westbrook and Harden are a bad fit.

True and False.

Westbrook a starting PG with Harden coming off the bench, bad fit. (OKC model)

Harden a starting PG with Westbrook a slashing scoring guard with the ball in his hands less, much better fit. (Houston model)

This is what I'm hoping for. But I'm still scared of Russ in the playoffs
Krazykiwi
Senior
And1: 551

Post#76 » by Krazykiwi » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:00 am

Heat4lyf wrote:
ocelot17 wrote:
Heat4lyf wrote:This doesn't even look good on paper

Westbrook and harden have had two highest usage rates in NBA history little different no?

And if the heat got that deal done I wouldn't be expecting a title or finals appearance tbh

All those high usage argument is just dumb. WAde and Lebron had similar highest usage too before they joined together . They will figure it out. If it was so obvious like some of you guys claimed here, would Houston give up essentially 4 unprotected first round picks for the swap ?
You always go for the better talents , fits and chemistry are just paper talks, let’s be honest , nobody knows **** for sure that this and that is bad fit until they play together.

Westbrook brings a completely new dimension to the Houston offense end. He’s not that slow ass CP3.
ocelot17
Starter
And1: 3,829

Post#77 » by ocelot17 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:03 am

Dupp wrote:How they gonna preach threes but also stop west brick from shooting them?

Side not Butler is a weird guy. So many good destinations he could have gone and he chose to play with dion waiters

Butler could’ve signed with Houston and formed a super team- Westbrook, harden, Butler.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#78 » by gmoney411 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:04 am

Dupp wrote:How they gonna preach threes but also stop west brick from shooting them?

As a Rockets fan I'll gladly exchange him taking 3s if he gives up all those midrange shots. Plus I think they are going to emphasize the drive and kick game for him.
cornchip
Pro Prospect
And1: 517

Post#79 » by cornchip » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:05 am

Yeah Westbrook is going to shoot...I mean shoot alot of 3's. That's just how they play. He'll get cleaner looks. It's just a matter of focusing on his mechanics and hitting them.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#80 » by Bayside » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:06 am

This thread makes me think of

Return to The General Board