James Harden Served As 'Driving Force' In Rockets Trading For Russell Westbrook

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

James Harden Served As 'Driving Force' In Rockets Trading For Russell Westbrook 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:24 am

The Houston Rockets have acquired Russell Westbrook from the Oklahoma City Thunder, which had James Harden serve as "a driving force" to get a deal done.

Westbrook and Harden decided they wanted to reunite after they were previously teammates with the Thunder from 2009 until 2012.

The Rockets believe they have a higher ceiling with Westbrook replacing Paul.

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Re: James Harden Served As 'Driving Force' In Rockets Trading For Russell Westbrook 

Post#2 » by DoItALL9 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:05 am

Will KD try to get down there one day too?

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Re: James Harden Served As 'Driving Force' In Rockets Trading For Russell Westbrook 

Post#3 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:42 am

if this doesnt work between MVP harden and MVP russ , will the blame finally fall on Harden as he's ran off Dwight & CP3 already
or will D'antoni be made the scapegoat
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:50 am

:oops:
lonzo_pelota wrote:if this doesnt work between MVP harden and MVP russ , will the blame finally fall on Harden as he's ran off Dwight & CP3 already

Dwight was a shadow.. CP3 was consistently injured they took the best team ever to 7 games with CP3 injured for 2 of them.. Do I have problems with Hardens game yeah but I think he has done more than Westbrick.. They won't be winning because Harden is not as good as LeBron Kawhi or Steph Curry simply how it is..
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 104

Post#5 » by dubbmotta » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:10 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:if this doesnt work between MVP harden and MVP russ , will the blame finally fall on Harden as he's ran off Dwight & CP3 already

I'm not a big Harden fan but Dwight has been on 8 teams in 8 years..he's his own problem..CP3 has a rep of being a shyty teammate..rumors going around that CP3 was making fun of James Harden man boobs to the point htat harden was crying :lol:
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#6 » by cheese318 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:25 pm

dubbmotta wrote:

I'm not a big Harden fan but Dwight has been on 8 teams in 8 years..he's his own problem..CP3 has a rep of being a shyty teammate..rumors going around that CP3 was making fun of James Harden man boobs to the point htat harden was crying :lol:

Kobe said it perfectly to Dwight. There’s always going to be a new opportunity that might seem better when are you going to settle down and put your roots to a team. And you wonder why his best years were in Orlando Magic. Plus I think they back injury really changed his career trajectory
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#7 » by hyberx » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:24 pm

Russ ran off KD and PG13, so challenge accepted. :lol:
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#8 » by lonzo_pelota » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 pm

hyberx wrote:

Russ ran off KD and PG13, so challenge accepted. :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion