WOJ BOMB Marcus Morris 1 year deal Knicks

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Sgt Major
Head Coach
And1: 15,074

Re: WOJ BOMB Marcus Morris 1 year deal Knicks 

Post#121 » by Sgt Major » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:43 am

Why would anyone fire a damn good player because he cheated his wife with a spouse of his already ex-teammate? Who gives a **** about that if he's providing on the floor?
Det. Frank Pembleton: You know, sometimes you're funny. Then there's now.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,880

Post#122 » by Context » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:34 am

CIN-C-STAR wrote:
Context wrote:
BVB24 wrote:Loser going to a loser organization. Nothing to see here. #salty

pictures tell a thousand words-don't they...but hey- you're a winning organization :lol:

never pretended to be a perfect organization like "the spurs"- I dont take shots at the spurs about how they lost kawhi --EVER-
or how they harbored a scum bag like Tony Parker -EVER...thats the difference...so you posting that pic is out of context
with the main point...the original poster that I responded to took the time out of his day to call the knick a losing organization-
I responded!

The knicks will win one day -EVERYONE has their time and what all of you knick haters are creating- is a monster-so when that time comes knick fans are going to be the worst winners you ever seen and when we get our team -unlike most nba teams -we will have the money to keep the group together. Even through these rough times we still are the nbas most valuable franchise- we still sell out our expensive arena- so go ahead and hate- laugh at us - but don't whine, cry and complain when we win and you wont hear the end of it :lol: because it will happen- so I suggest all of you haters humble yourselves...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
GusT15
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,270

Post#123 » by GusT15 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:48 am

Context wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:
Context wrote:Image

pictures tell a thousand words-don't they...but hey- you're a winning organization :lol:

never pretended to be a perfect organization like "the spurs"- I dont take shots at the spurs about how they lost kawhi --EVER-
or how they harbored a scum bag like Tony Parker -EVER...thats the difference...so you posting that pic is out of context
with the main point...the original poster that I responded to took the time out of his day to call the knick a losing organization-
I responded!

The knicks will win one day -EVERYONE has their time and what all of you knick haters are creating- is a monster-so when that time comes knick fans are going to be the worst winners you ever seen and when we get our team -unlike most nba teams -we will have the money to keep the group together. Even through these rough times we still are the nbas most valuable franchise- we still sell out our expensive arena- so go ahead and hate- laugh at us - but don't whine, cry and complain when we win and you wont hear the end of it :lol: because it will happen- so I suggest all of you haters humble yourselves...

-Fan of a team that is dysfunctional,with a terrible FO and year after year failures.

-A team that breaks the unwritten rules of Free Agency against going after a player who has already agreed on with another team.

-Accuses fans of said team-that his FO helped screw over-for being Knicks haters.

-Threatens fans of a team that has 5 Championships in 2 decades and 21 consecutive years in the playoffs that the Knicks will be a monster to be feared around the NBA and their fans are going to be the worst winners.

-Advices other fans to humble themselves.

Context
RealGM

Post#124 » by Context » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:04 am

GusT15 wrote:
Context wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:

I responded!

-Fan of a team that is dysfunctional,with a terrible FO and year after year failures.

-A team that breaks the unwritten rules of Free Agency against going after a player who has already agreed on with another team.

-Accuses fans of said team-that his FO helped screw over-for being Knicks haters.

-Threatens fans of a team that has 5 Championships in 2 decades and 21 consecutive years in the playoffs that the Knicks will be a monster to be feared around the NBA and their fans are going to be the worst winners.

whats really funny is you listed all of that yet, you cant keep the knicks sack out your mouth- nor can you keep
your players in line - you supported a player who destroyed a famliy unit but hey- you got 5 championships in 2 decades
a lot of good that will do barry and his family-or the kids who had to read in the paper about tonys little sleezy
self sliding around everyones wife... lord knows what else went on there for those 5 championships-kawhi
literally shut it down for a year so he could escape :lol: and as soon as he did- just like magic he wins a chip :rofl2:
And you could win 10 championships in 10 years and never be as valuable as the knicks franchise- I didnt bring this up - you did...
Spoiler:
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#125 » by marcush » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:05 am

Marcus Morris and Rich Paul went back on their word.....what a shocker. Spurs have nobody to blame for trusting them.
GusT15
Bench Warmer

Post#126 » by GusT15 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 am

Context wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Context wrote:never pretended to be a perfect organization like "the spurs"- I dont take shots at the spurs about how they lost kawhi --EVER-
I responded!

whats really funny is you listed all of that yet, you cant keep the knicks sack out your mouth- nor can you keep
your players in line - you supported a player who destroyed a famliy unit but hey- you got 5 championships in 2 decades
a lot of good that will do barry and his family-or the kids who had to read in the paper about tonys little sleezy
self sliding around everyones wife... lord knows what else went on there for those 5 championships-kawhi
literally shut it down for a year so he could escape :lol: and as soon as he did- just like magic he wins a chip :rofl2:
And you could win 10 championships in 10 years and never be as valuable as the knicks franchise- I didnt bring this up - you did...

First of all-reported for the sack and mouth quote,you wonderful,respectful man,you.

Secondly,your only argument against the Spurs is Tony Parker sexting and flirting with Erin Barry? You wanna know how heartbroken is Brent Barry with all that and how much he hates the "despicable" Spurs franchise?

https://www.nba.com/article/2018/09/17/san-antonio-spurs-front-office-hires-brent-barry

He works for the Spurs as Vice POBO under Pop! He never could get over it! Oh the horror!!!!

Oh Kawhi and his Uncle wanted out of San Antonio????? Bad Spurs! It was the Spurs fault! Maybe it was Toronto's fault as well when he left the Raptors?

And please tell me once more about how valuable your franchise is? Is it worth millions?? Billions? You have a stake at those Billions? How much do you own? 5%? 3%? No?

Keep enjoyin your ticket prices for MSG for a team that can't even make the playoffs!
And lastly,other teams fans joking about the shortcomings of your team is not what's gonna make the Knicks successful.Karma doesn't work that way.
You need good ownership,a capable Front Office and then a competitive roster.
Which one of those 3 do you have currently? :crazy:
NYKHardKnock
Head Coach
And1: 4,950

Post#127 » by NYKHardKnock » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
NYKHardKnock wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Yep, the lottery pick that roster produces will be pretty decent.
We have one of the deepest benches:
Payton—Ellington—Knox—Portis—Taj.

Starters:
Smith, Jr. — Barrett — Morris — Randle —Mitch

One borderline star in the starting lineup. A budding star in RJ. Defensive anchor in Mitch. Morris who is a bull that can do it all offensively. and DSJr who got rid of the hitch in his shot working in this off season; poised for a break through year.

We’ve provided our youth, with guys who are no nonsense. It’s nice to know Knox, Barrett, Zo won’t think they can just jack up shots. These vets will be on they ass, similar the DJ working with Mitch. That’s how you begin a winning culture. They might not he top heavy, but they remind me of last years Nets — a team that will surprise.

:lol:

Who is the borderline star?
Randle? Without Davis he averages 25/10.. hence “borderline”
Context
RealGM

Post#128 » by Context » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:28 am

GusT15 wrote:
Context wrote:
GusT15 wrote:

First of all-reported for the sack and mouth quote,you wonderful,respectful man,you.

Secondly,your only argument against the Spurs is Tony Parker sexting and flirting with Erin Barry? You wanna know how heartbroken is Brent Barry with all that and how much he hates the "despicable" Spurs franchise?

https://www.nba.com/article/2018/09/17/san-antonio-spurs-front-office-hires-brent-barry

He works for the Spurs as Vice POBO under Pop! He never could get over it! Oh the horror!!!!

Oh Kawhi and his Uncle wanted out of San Antonio????? Bad Spurs! It was the Spurs fault! Maybe it was Toronto's fault as well when he left the Raptors?

And please tell me once more about how valuable your franchise is? Is it worth millions?? Billions? You have a stake at those Billions? How much do you own? 5%? 3%? No?

Keep enjoyin your ticket prices for MSG for a team that can't even make the playoffs!
And lastly,other teams fans joking about the shortcomings of your team is not what's gonna make the Knicks successful.Karma doesn't work that way.

oh -you reported me? oh I see...
Spoiler:
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#129 » by SpeedyG » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Morris is 10x better than the injured Durant - Knicks fans

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#130 » by Ramed Nazored » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:00 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:People follow such a herd mentality sometimes. Knicks actually assembled an okay team. Wont be great but much better than some of the east bottom dwellers.

Robinson/Taj
Randle/Portis
Morris/Knox
Barrett/ellington/trier
Elfrid/DSJ

I wont be shocked if this team fights for the 8th seed I'm the east.

I'm not seeing it.

They'll be relying on an unpolished, unready rookie for heavy contribution, and a back court that can't shoot. Their PG rotation is bad. They're paper thin at the wings. They have one spot up shooter on the entire team in Ellington, although one could argue that Morris provides something of the same. They won't be able to spread or stretch the floor. Spacing will be a huge issue with that 4/5 rotation. You can just pack the paint and dare them into 3's. Barett is going to struggle immensely without the freedom and space to create.

Most teams seek out players with complementary skill sets. The Knick's went out and picked up the same player, 4 times over. That roster is bizarre.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,139

Post#131 » by druggas » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:11 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Context wrote:
GusT15 wrote:

You sound angry.
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#132 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Ramed Nazored wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:People follow such a herd mentality sometimes. Knicks actually assembled an okay team. Wont be great but much better than some of the east bottom dwellers.

Robinson/Taj
Randle/Portis
Morris/Knox
Barrett/ellington/trier
Elfrid/DSJ

I wont be shocked if this team fights for the 8th seed I'm the east.

I'm not seeing it.

They'll be relying on an unpolished, unready rookie for heavy contribution, and a back court that can't shoot. Their PG rotation is bad. They're paper thin at the wings. They have one spot up shooter on the entire team in Ellington, although one could argue that Morris provides something of the same. They won't be able to spread or stretch the floor. Spacing will be a huge issue with that 4/5 rotation. You can just pack the paint and dare them into 3's. Barett is going to struggle immensely without the freedom and space to create.

Most teams seek out players with complementary skill sets. The Knick's went out and picked up the same player, 4 times over. That roster is bizarre.

Over under seems to be 28.5 which is not close the playoffs.

That seems about right.

Deep team of meh players typically doesn't equal success.
GusT15
Bench Warmer

Post#133 » by GusT15 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:29 pm

druggas wrote:You sound angry.

No sir,i'm perfectly calm.

As a Spurs fan i do have a request tho.
My team isn't doing all so well by Spurs standards these past few years,so can you give a little help with posting one of your patented "Spurs are done" takes?

You know,so we can we win a Championship again in a couple of years...
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,790

Post#134 » by Stannis » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:42 pm

Spens1 wrote:You mind leaving some of them forwards for the rest of us knickerbockers.

Pretty good plan. Take all the PFs in the market. Your bound to get calls in February. Knicks can say "don't want to deal with us? Then find another team with a PF... oh wait, we have all the PFs".

Next year, I think we sign 7 shooting guards.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,790

Post#135 » by Stannis » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm

Pantsman wrote:Imagine giving Marcus Morris 15M for a season

You are making it like the Knicks signed him to a multi year deal lol.

I rater sign him for 15 million in one season then 20 million in two seasons
Free Palestine
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#136 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:50 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Context wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:

I responded!

To the high and mighty Spurs fans, I have only one thing to say:

From New York with Love
Stop All Genocides
BVB24
Veteran
And1: 6,035

Post#137 » by BVB24 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Sgt Major wrote:Why would anyone fire a damn good player because he cheated his wife with a spouse of his already ex-teammate? Who gives a **** about that if he's providing on the floor?

Not defending Tony for cheating on his wife, but just for the record, should also be mentioned that Brent Barry and his wife were already separated and had filed for divorce long before Tony and his wife had their relationship. Just saying :lol:
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 694

Post#138 » by Clincher » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:57 pm

GusT15 wrote:
Context wrote:
CIN-C-STAR wrote:

I responded!

Don't hold it against the Knicks because Reggie Bullock had plantar fascias and they didn't find out until the physical and opted to sign someone technically still a free agent. That isn't the Knicks fault, you had a chance to put more money in year 2 of the player option and you chose not to.
BVB24
Veteran
And1: 6,035

Post#139 » by BVB24 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:04 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
GusT15 wrote:
Context wrote:never pretended to be a perfect organization like "the spurs"- I dont take shots at the spurs about how they lost kawhi --EVER-
I responded!

To the high and mighty Spurs fans, I have only one thing to say:

From New York with Love

Stay miserable, Knicks fans.

Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,285

Post#140 » by Bornstellar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:06 pm

The TP thing is such a lame insult. Like half the dudes on this board haven't hit on their friends girl before. Lol at everyone acting like their some chivalrous knight then would NEVER talk to another dude's girl. GTFO with that nonsense.

Return to The General Board