Hue Jackson Wants Another Chance As Head Coach

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Hue Jackson Wants Another Chance As Head Coach 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Hue Jackson wants another chance to be a head coach in the NFL.

Jackson went 3-36-1 in two-plus seasons as the head man for the Cleveland Browns.

\"Oh, yeah, I mean I think I can,\" Jackson said. \"I mean, just because the situation in Cleveland [didn\'t work out] doesn\'t mean that you can\'t coach. There\'s a lot of great coaches who came before me that coached there and went on and did great things. Sometimes, the situation is different. I think if people dig in and really take the time to look at the overall situation there, maybe they would understand it more. At the same time, I understand what narrative gets put out there, that\'s what people know. Hopefully, people will think back to the times when I\'ve put myself in that position. I had to be doing something right. To go back and be a coordinator again or be a head coach, I do believe it\'s in my future. I\'ve just got to go work through the process and see where it goes.\"

Jackson interviewed for the head coaching job with the Cincinnati Bengals and the offensive coordinator position with the Arizona Cardinals this offseason.

Via WFNZ Charlotte

CoachSant
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Hue Jackson Wants Another Chance As Head Coach 

Post#2 » by CoachSant » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I like Hue. He was the last coach hired by Al Davis. They got rid of him when he started making too many GM moves after Al passed away. Good coach though
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#3 » by anatomicbomb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:44 pm

I want to be a coach, too, and based on our records, I might have a better background than HJ at 0-0.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
CoachSant
Ballboy

Post#4 » by CoachSant » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:15 pm

anatomicbomb wrote:I want to be a coach, too, and based on our records, I might have a better background than HJ at 0-0.

Idk, he was able to get 3 wins...... with the Browns.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by anatomicbomb » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:40 pm

CoachSant wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:I want to be a coach, too, and based on our records, I might have a better background than HJ at 0-0.

But they went 5-3 after he left with the same team that he had going 2-5-1 so far in 2018. Plus leaving behind a locker room that felt neglected and disrespected by his words and actions. And he had an 0-16 season. Not the resume that makes good GMs pick up the phone.

On the other hand, there are still some people in the league who only operate on a basis where familiar names get jobs, so someone might give him a DC role. :banghead:

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
CoachSant
Ballboy

Post#6 » by CoachSant » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:20 pm

anatomicbomb wrote:
CoachSant wrote:

But they went 5-3 after he left with the same team that he had going 2-5-1 so far in 2018. Plus leaving behind a locker room that felt neglected and disrespected by his words and actions. And he had an 0-16 season. Not the resume that makes good GMs pick up the phone.

On the other hand, there are still some people in the league who only operate on a basis where familiar names get jobs, so someone might give him a DC role. :banghead:

I stand corrected. They did do so much better after he left - i still remember that shootout with my Raiders.

Maybe he isn't fit to run a team....he'd probably works best as a position coach.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,365

Post#7 » by JonFromVA » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Hue could start by looking himself in the mirror and examining all the things he handled so poorly.

- Why couldn't he name his starting left tackle until the first game of the season?
- Why didn't he even give Baker Mayfield a chance to earn the starting job?
- Why did he leave Tyrod Taylor and then Baker to get slaughtered by opposing pass rushes?
- Why did he act like such a jerk shooting down his assistant coaches concerns in HBO meetings?

But if he can't learn from his mistakes, why would a GM give him another shot?

Freddy Kitchens had a simple idea ... let's use max-protection packages to stop defenses from beating up Baker and speed up his passes. That combination allowed Baker to make plays. He would have made more if a good chunk of the offense didn't have to be dedicated to preventing him from getting sacked ... but first things first, Hue?
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by anatomicbomb » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:13 pm

CoachSant wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:
CoachSant wrote:

I stand corrected. They did do so much better after he left - i still remember that shootout with my Raiders.

Maybe he isn't fit to run a team....he'd probably works best as a position coach.

Yeah, I think position coach makes a lot of sense for him if he can humble himself enough to take it. With his old school approach I could see him being great at coaching fundamentals, but I would hope if it were my team that he wasn't given the chance to call plays or be the voice of player development.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion