'Kawhi ended the Warriors dynasty'

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: 'Kawhi ended the Warriors dynasty' 

Post#181 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:31 pm

People really need to move on from this

Warriors dynasty is over

Kawhi is on the clippers

This topic is Just wack for both raptors and warriors fans. People moved on

If curry and draymond were both hurt as well. I would still enjoy this championship the same lol

I don’t care about no aestriks
Raptors til death
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#182 » by JellosJigglin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:34 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:People really need to move on from this

Warriors dynasty is over

Kawhi is on the clippers

If curry and draymond were both hurt as well. I would still enjoy this championship the same lol

How is the dynasty over? Spurs never won back to back but they were still a dynasty. Some people are going to look silly by the time 2020 playoffs roll around. If they're healthy for the playoffs then they have as good a chance as anyone to win it all.
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#183 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 pm

Warriors dynasty is over

Kawhi is on the clippers

this isn't about the Raptors championship they earned it, it's about the media narratives surrounding Kawhi
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#184 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:36 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:

Warriors dynasty is over

Kawhi is on the clippers

How is the dynasty over? Spurs never won back to back but they were still a dynasty. Some people are going to look silly by the time 2020 playoffs roll around. If they're healthy for the playoffs then they have as good a chance as anyone to win it all.

I don’t think the warriors get out the first round even when healthy lol

The depth is still garbage and just lost their best player

Watching them in finals with KD just exposed how mediocre they are.

Also exposed to me how overrated the blazers were. I don’t know how they got swept by KD less warriors. That team is not elite
Raptors til death
Jay 20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,152

Post#185 » by Jay 20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:39 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:The warriors last 3 games in oracle in finals

They deserved to lose injuries or not

If the Warriors weren't injured, the Raptors would have been lucky to win 1 game in the whole series. You also realize the Raptors only won 1 home game even with all the GS injuries, right?

Joerezz7 wrote:2015 Finals was a fluke. It showed the following year when they lost to a healthy Cavs team. Warriors can’t win rings without Durant. It showed in this years Finals and the 2016 Finals. The dynasty ended when KD left.

Warriors weren't healthy (not as bad as Cavs in 2015, but it made a difference if you're bringing up injuries), and the Cavs got a freebie in Draymond being suspended one game.

And raptors weren’t really healthy especially Kawhi during finals.

But okay just keep twisting the truth to fit narrative

According to you. Warriors who swept the blazers last round without KD were not healthy in finals thus raptors and kawhi are frauds

But 2015 warriors who beat cavs without Kevin love and kyrie after game 1 are legitimate??

What a load of bs

I agree with your first sentence because I know Kawhi wasn't fully healthy and Lowry had an injured hand. Similarly to Curry's dislocated finger and Cousins and Iggy being banged up.

But you have to understand there are different levels of health right? Those guys weren't 100% but they were still all on the court. Vastly different then KD missing games and Klay missing time as well.
It's not twisting the narrative when some injuries allowed players to keep playing and others removed them from the series altogether.

Also the Warriors swept a Blazers team that the Raptors would have swept too. The Blazers were good but they weren't in the same class as the Raptors or a KD-less Warriors.

The Warriors 2015 title is legitimate just like the 2019 Raptors one is. However both teams benefited from the opponent being less than full strength.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,911

Post#186 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:39 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:The warriors last 3 games in oracle in finals

They deserved to lose injuries or not

If the Warriors weren't injured, the Raptors would have been lucky to win 1 game in the whole series. You also realize the Raptors only won 1 home game even with all the GS injuries, right?

Joerezz7 wrote:2015 Finals was a fluke. It showed the following year when they lost to a healthy Cavs team. Warriors can’t win rings without Durant. It showed in this years Finals and the 2016 Finals. The dynasty ended when KD left.

Warriors weren't healthy (not as bad as Cavs in 2015, but it made a difference if you're bringing up injuries), and the Cavs got a freebie in Draymond being suspended one game.

According to you. Warriors who swept the blazers last round without KD were not healthy in finals thus raptors and kawhi are frauds

But 2015 warriors who beat cavs without Kevin love and kyrie after game 1 are legitimate??

What a load of bs

I never said the Raptors were frauds, you're creating a strawman. I'm responding to a silly comment that the Warriors basically deserved to lose either way (injuries or not) because they lost 3 home games. The Raptors only won 1 home game vs. a hobbled Warriors team

We all know a healthy Warriors team destroys the Raptors. It doesn't make them frauds, it's just reality. I don't believe in the asterisk. Jay20's post above covered injuries pretty well for this season.
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#187 » by MindState » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:43 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:

Warriors dynasty is over

Kawhi is on the clippers

Also exposed to me how overrated the blazers were. I don’t know how they got swept by KD less warriors. That team is not elite

You make Raptors fans look really, really bad.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#188 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 pm

Jay 20 wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
DonaldSanders wrote:

What a load of bs

I agree with your first sentence because I know Kawhi wasn't fully healthy and Lowry had an injured hand. Similarly to Curry's dislocated finger and Cousins and Iggy being banged up.

But you have to understand there are different levels of health right? Those guys weren't 100% but they were still all on the court. Vastly different then KD missing games and Klay missing time as well.
It's not twisting the narrative when some injuries allowed players to keep playing and others removed them from the series altogether.

Also the Warriors swept a Blazers team that the Raptors would have swept too. The Blazers were good but they weren't in the same class as the Raptors or a KD-less Warriors.

The Warriors 2015 title is legitimate just like the 2019 Raptors one is. However both teams benefited from the opponent being less than full strength.

I completely agree with you’re last part. People don’t realize the journey to actually getting to finals is as hard as winning the championship on finals

Warriors beat Memphis and rockets 2 great teams and raptors beat sixers and bucks

Beating the teams before the finals is hard af. That aspect of what makes a team a legitimate champion is underrated
Raptors til death
Jay 20
Sixth Man

Post#189 » by Jay 20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:45 pm

As far as the OPs topic, KD leaving is the reason the Warriors as we knew them are over. If we are sitting here today after KD resigned with Golden State nobody would be talking about Kawhi destroying a dynasty because the Warriors would still be the favorites once KD returned.
Jay 20
Sixth Man

Post#190 » by Jay 20 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
Jay 20 wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:And raptors weren’t really healthy especially Kawhi during finals.

What a load of bs

I completely agree with you’re last part. People don’t realize the journey to actually getting to finals is as hard as winning the championship on finals

Warriors beat Memphis and rockets 2 great teams and raptors beat sixers and bucks

Beating the teams before the finals is hard af. That aspect of what makes a team a legitimate champion is underrated

Absolutely. The most impressive part of the Raptors ship is beating the 76ers and coming back down 2-0 to win 4 straight vs the Bucks. That matters.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#191 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:48 pm

MindState wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
JellosJigglin wrote:

Not the first time I hard that lol But I’m speaking the truth.

The warriors dynasty is over. I don’t see them getting out the first round

Do warriors fans still consider themselves as a contender. I just don’t see how lol.
Raptors til death
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#192 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:49 pm

I personally would rather see warriors back in the finals than clippers or lakers

I’m not hating on warriors just being realistic lol
Raptors til death
Ainosterhaspie
Starter
And1: 2,231

Post#193 » by Ainosterhaspie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:00 pm

killmongrel wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Yogatti wrote:He beat the Warriors, so yes he ended the Warriors dynasty

is that really the story you're going with?

Apparently, KD was a cupcake for joining a 73 win team. But now that he left, which he was planning to do for a while, the Warriors are nothing without him.

The narratives! The narratives!

No longer the same team. Lost Iggy. Lost depth. Got older.
DonaldSanders
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,911

Post#194 » by DonaldSanders » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:03 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
MindState wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:I don’t think the warriors get out the first round even when healthy lol

Do warriors fans still consider themselves as a contender. I just don’t see how lol.

Nah you just sound hyperbolic. Warriors "mediocre" without KD -- 2 finals trips without him, 1 win, 1 loss in 7 games and a 73 win season (also one of those Finals games lost with an All-Star suspended). Got out of the WCF without KD, beat the Rockets without KD. Personally I think if Klay doesn't get injured, the Warriors would have won the title. But that's up for debate. We all know with KD and Klay, the Raptors had no chance.

The Warriors might be a contender next year, might not.

1. Dlo could end up being a great fit. He's on the rise and has a positive attitude and is good in the locker room. This is the type of player that can grow big in a successful system w/ key vets.
2. Dlo could be traded for another solid piece
3. Klay could come back in better condition than people expect and be ready for the playoffs.
4. Other teams could get injured (we all know this one :)

The opposite of those 4 could also happen. Klay could take longer, the other teams stay healthy, Dlo could be a bad fit or we can't trade him for a good asset.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#195 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:08 pm

DonaldSanders wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
MindState wrote:

Nah you just sound hyperbolic. Warriors "mediocre" without KD -- 2 finals trips without him, 1 win, 1 loss in 7 games and a 73 win season (also one of those Finals games lost with an All-Star suspended). Got out of the WCF without KD, beat the Rockets without KD. Personally I think if Klay doesn't get injured, the Warriors would have won the title. But that's up for debate. We all know with KD and Klay, the Raptors had no chance.

The Warriors might be a contender next year, might not.

1. Dlo could end up being a great fit. He's on the rise and has a positive attitude and is good in the locker room. This is the type of player that can grow big in a successful system w/ key vets.
2. Dlo could be traded for another solid piece
3. Klay could come back in better condition than people expect and be ready for the playoffs.
4. Other teams could get injured (we all know this one :)

The opposite of those 4 could also happen. Klay could take longer, the other teams stay healthy, Dlo could be a bad fit or we can't trade him for a good asset.

Well good luck.

It’s all big what if’s

I can only go on what’s on paper before season starts. I guess we should know next year
Raptors til death
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#196 » by killmongrel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Ainosterhaspie wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
is that really the story you're going with?

Apparently, KD was a cupcake for joining a 73 win team. But now that he left, which he was planning to do for a while, the Warriors are nothing without him.

Warriors lost depth when KD came on board as well and lost two of the 5 starters. But that didn't stop the narrative.

With that said, the Warriors transition team is definitely questionable at the moment. But the Warriors will look different this time next summer.
BayArea408415
Analyst
And1: 2,557

Post#197 » by BayArea408415 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:04 pm

Jazztop wrote:Up 4. You realize Kawhi’s Spurs were up 23 in 2017? You going to anoint them the would be winners of 16-17? No? Can we anoint the Rockets the would be winners of 17-18? Clearly better until CP3 went down by your logic? No?

I simply responded to your point about 3 out of 5 games with the factual context around the 3rd and most important win. My point was Klay’s impact was huge and he missed the final 14 minutes of the game that decided the series and gave the Raptors 3 out of 5 wins with Klay playing. You decided to move the goal posts.

Yes, they were up 4 in a championship deciding elimination game that was decided by 1 point until a timeout tech and meaningless FT’s with 0.9 seconds left. Oh the other hand, you’re referring to a blowout lead in the 1st game of the series in a thread where a poster has already illustrated that a single blowout loss very early in the series guarantees nothing with recent examples. See the Spurs-Rockets and Spurs-OKC series from a few years back. As for the Rocket series, the Warriors were up 2-1 before Iguodala went down but regardless of his or CP3’s eventual injury, I never suggested a guarantee of anything regarding the Warriors winning Game 6 because they were up 4 when Klay went down.

My logic? Enough with that straw man. I simply pointed out your flawed logic in ignoring that Klay didn’t play the final 14 minutes of the final game from the 3 out of 5 games he played in. This game also happened to decide the series. Being up 4 when he went down was to illustrate they were in the game and had a solid chance of winning had he not gotten injured. Not a guarantee of anything.

But yes, it’s predictable. Excuses excuses. It’s been over a month and that’s all we hear still. The Warriors were beaten by the superior team and superior organization. The Raptors managed their roster better, they managed their workload better, had better depth and clearly better medical staff. Wasn’t it the warriors owner who said they were “lightyears ahead”?

What a pitiful fanbase.

No excuses. Just pointing out your flawed logic in ignoring Klay missed the final 14 minutes of the last of those 3 games that the Raptors won while he played.

If anything, this part of your post proves it’s pointless to have a rational argument with you regarding the Warriors. You’re more focused on disparaging the franchise/team/fans than anything else.
Ainosterhaspie
Starter

Post#198 » by Ainosterhaspie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:23 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Ainosterhaspie wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Warriors lost depth when KD came on board as well and lost two of the 5 starters. But that didn't stop the narrative.

Losing depth to add the second best player* in the game doesn't hurt as much as losing that player and not regaining depth. They upgraded one lost starter so that's irrelevant. The second lost starter wasn't as important as a guy coming off the bench. Their best lineup remained intact except it improved its weakest link turning him into the second best player.

2016 Warriors >>>> 2020 Warriors.

*Arguably
HBK_Kliq_33
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,844

Post#199 » by HBK_Kliq_33 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:24 pm

BayArea408415 wrote:
Jazztop wrote:Up 4. You realize Kawhi’s Spurs were up 23 in 2017? You going to anoint them the would be winners of 16-17? No? Can we anoint the Rockets the would be winners of 17-18? Clearly better until CP3 went down by your logic? No?

I simply responded to your point about 3 out of 5 games with the factual context around the 3rd and most important win. My point was Klay’s impact was huge and he missed the final 14 minutes of the game that decided the series and gave the Raptors 3 out of 5 wins with Klay playing. You decided to move the goal posts.

Yes, they were up 4 in a championship deciding elimination game that was decided by 1 point until a timeout tech and meaningless FT’s with 0.9 seconds left. Oh the other hand, you’re referring to a blowout lead in the 1st game of the series in a thread where a poster has already illustrated that a single blowout loss very early in the series guarantees nothing with recent examples. See the Spurs-Rockets and Spurs-OKC series from a few years back. As for the Rocket series, the Warriors were up 2-1 before Iguodala went down but regardless of his or CP3’s eventual injury, I never suggested a guarantee of anything regarding the Warriors winning Game 6 because they were up 4 when Klay went down.

My logic? Enough with that straw man. I simply pointed out your flawed logic in ignoring that Klay didn’t play the final 14 minutes of the final game from the 3 out of 5 games he played in. This game also happened to decide the series. Being up 4 when he went down was to illustrate they were in the game and had a solid chance of winning had he not gotten injured. Not a guarantee of anything.

But yes, it’s predictable. Excuses excuses. It’s been over a month and that’s all we hear still. The Warriors were beaten by the superior team and superior organization. The Raptors managed their roster better, they managed their workload better, had better depth and clearly better medical staff. Wasn’t it the warriors owner who said they were “lightyears ahead”?

What a pitiful fanbase.

No excuses. Just pointing out your flawed logic in ignoring Klay missed the final 14 minutes of the last of those 3 games that the Raptors won while he played.

If anything, this part of your post proves it’s pointless to have a rational argument with you regarding the Warriors. You’re more focused on disparaging the franchise/team/fans than anything else.

2016 finals game 7 Draymond Green had 32 points, 15 rebounds, 9 assist, 95% TS

You can't tell me missing this guy for 1 game was any less important than missing Klay Thompson for 1 game and a half. Same thing and people still looked at Lebron as a god afterwards.
Ainosterhaspie
Starter

Post#200 » by Ainosterhaspie » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:26 pm

To be fair, LeBron played like a god. While Kawhi had three teammates score better than him to close out the Warriors.

Return to The General Board