James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Re: James Ennis: Sixers are walking to the Finals 

Post#141 » by Rockice_24 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:08 pm

PHILLY already had the dream team and we saw how that worked out.

I actually like PHI to come out of the East but MIL, BK and INDY are not going to be a walk by any means. Especially if Embiid is playing at 50%.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#142 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:09 pm

AK47MVP wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
"I never said Sixers won't be a top 4 seed" - wrong

AK47MVP wrote: I think SIxers will be 5th seed at best this season.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1765721&p=70048622#p70048595

Oops, I though you are talking about my bet.... well I was wrong. Looking back there was reasons why. Celtics underperformed and Oladipo injury caused Indiana top 3 seed. I may be wrong again, who knows. Just think you guys lost too much shooting and gained very little with Horford. He pretty much is dead.

Nope, Horford continues to help teams win basketball games. There's a reason why the advanced stats keep rating him highly and there's a reason why the Celtics kept winning after Kyrie went down.

You will be wrong again. I don't know how in the world you can look at a Simmons/Redick/Covington/Saric/Embiid team that won 52 games and was the 3rd seed, see they replaced Redick with Harris (upgrade), Saric with Horford (big upgrade), and Covington with Richardson (arguably an upgrade), with Simmons and Embiid being older and better, and say they definitely won't be a top 3 seed? Crazy talk.

You just seem to have some really weird bias going on, almost trolling.

Butler gets traded to Sixers - "Dumb trade. They got worse. 5th seed at best"

Butler goes to Miami - "Sixers were better than I predicted because of Butler. They messed up by not replacing what they lost in him."

I mean seriously? Are you even listening to yourself?
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,652

Post#143 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:12 pm

They should be the favorite. But they are the Sixers. Something will go wrong.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#144 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:They should be the favorite. But they are the Sixers. Something will go wrong.

Don't put that evil on us Johnny
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,652

Post#145 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:14 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:They should be the favorite. But they are the Sixers. Something will go wrong.

Dude, James Ennis put that evil on you, not me! ;)
Moon Walk
Bench Warmer
And1: 162

Post#146 » by Moon Walk » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 pm

If only Embid eats healthy
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#147 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:17 pm

sixerswillrule wrote:
AK47MVP wrote:
sixerswillrule wrote:
"I never said Sixers won't be a top 4 seed" - wrong

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1765721&p=70048622#p70048595

Oops, I though you are talking about my bet.... well I was wrong. Looking back there was reasons why. Celtics underperformed and Oladipo injury caused Indiana top 3 seed. I may be wrong again, who knows. Just think you guys lost too much shooting and gained very little with Horford. He pretty much is dead.

Nope, Horford continues to help teams win basketball games. There's a reason why the advanced stats keep rating him highly and there's a reason why the Celtics kept winning after Kyrie went down.

You will be wrong again. I don't know how in the world you can look at a Simmons/Redick/Covington/Saric/Embiid team that won 52 games and was the 3rd seed, see they replaced Redick with Harris (upgrade), Saric with Horford (big upgrade), and Covington with Richardson (arguably an upgrade), with Simmons and Embiid being older and better, and say they definitely won't be a top 3 seed? Crazy talk.

You just seem to have some really weird bias going on, almost trolling.

Butler gets traded to Sixers - "Dumb trade. They got worse. 5th seed at best"

Butler goes to Miami - "Sixers were better than I predicted because of Butler. They messed up by not replacing what they lost in him."

I mean seriously? Are you even listening to yourself?

Father time has never lost, and Horford is now yours till he's like 50. Last year his lateral quickness took a dive and so did his health. He went from slowing down Giannis in the playoffs 1 on 1, to the next year not even stopping him with 2 guys helping.

You also lost shooting and your Clutch all star that always made the big plays in close games.

I was going to post something witty like "yeah, if Giannis breaks his leg" but I'm not even sure you'd beat the new look Celtics in a 7 game series. Can you walk to the finals? Sure. Should James Nobody Ennis start making claims about how easy it will be? No.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#148 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:PHILLY already had the dream team and we saw how that worked out.

I actually like PHI to come out of the East but MIL, BK and INDY are not going to be a walk by any means. Especially if Embiid is playing at 50%.

Jimmy Rollins also said the Phillies were the team to beat in the east. So we’re 1/2, rubber match coming up.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

Dude, James Ennis put that evil on you, not me! ;)

Ugh somebody needs to set James straight :noway:

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,779

Post#150 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Bravado does not get one to the finals, no matter how good your team.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
cjx
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,480

Post#151 » by cjx » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:27 pm

Milwaukee will not be as good as they were last year without adding a significant player.

In the end, it will be Nuggets vs. Sixers. Jokic vs. Embiid. Book it, folks.
Take a couple of minutes and check out this comic book, my friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/574101710/the-assemblage-issue-1a-courage-and-no-more-crises
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,592

Post#152 » by sixerswillrule » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:39 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:Father time has never lost, and Horford is now yours till he's like 50. Last year his lateral quickness took a dive and so did his health. He went from slowing down Giannis in the playoffs 1 on 1, to the next year not even stopping him with 2 guys helping.

You also lost shooting and your Clutch all star that always made the big plays in close games.

I was going to post something witty like "yeah, if Giannis breaks his leg" but I'm not even sure you'd beat the new look Celtics in a 7 game series. Can you walk to the finals? Sure. Should James Nobody Ennis start making claims about how easy it will be? No.

Yeah Finals are not guaranteed or even Eastern finals though that should be likely (maybe Ennis meant Eastern finals? Up for interpretation).

Horford will be 36 in the 4th year. Yeah that year could be a rough one if he's still here.

I think he'll still have a big positive impact for the next 2 years at least, ages 33-34. He's a guy who relies on high IQ and skill, similar to someone like Pau Gasol. Gasol was the 3rd best player on a 61 win team at 36. Yeah I know prime Gasol was better than prime Horford, which is why I'm comparing 33-34 year old Horford to 36 year old Gasol. High impact without gaudy box score numbers. The big decline will probably be in the 3rd or 4th year.
kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

Post#153 » by kio80 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:53 pm

James Ennis sounds like a wise man, walk to the finals is an understatement.
Walk to win the finals, easy.
Haters gonna hate, we know what we are capable of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,962

Post#154 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:20 pm

wtf ever james ennis…. I know for a fact pat Connaughton is calling his bucks the favorite in the east
vctmac
Rookie
And1: 568

Post#155 » by vctmac » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:25 pm

kio80 wrote:James Ennis sounds like a wise man, walk to the finals is an understatement.
Walk to win the finals, easy.
Haters gonna hate, we know what we are capable of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

walking into the finals like

Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,764

Post#156 » by Quattro » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Pretty stupid comment. First off, they lost a great player in Butler and replaced him with Horford. I like Horford but not clue how he, Harris, and Embiid are going to co-exist. Butler was easily their best player in that that series vs. Toronto.

Also, I guess he forgot he still plays in a conference with Giannis.

Having said all that, I like Philly coming out of the East this year if Embiid can stay relatively healthy.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#157 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:29 pm

Quattro wrote:Pretty stupid comment. First off, they lost a great player in Butler and replaced him with Horford. I like Horford but not clue how he, Harris, and Embiid are going to co-exist. Butler was easily their best player in that that series vs. Toronto.

Richardson is as big of an upgrade over Redick as Butler is over Horford. Redick is so damn overrated

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#158 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:39 pm

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Quattro wrote:Pretty stupid comment. First off, they lost a great player in Butler and replaced him with Horford. I like Horford but not clue how he, Harris, and Embiid are going to co-exist. Butler was easily their best player in that that series vs. Toronto.

Richardson is as big of an upgrade over Redick as Butler is over Horford. Redick is so damn overrated

I mean, maybe his d is that much better, but he shot almost 5% worse on 3's on 2 less attempts per game and had a 1 per less stat.

Reddick is getting long in the tooth, and the decade saved there should help, but I for one hated Reddick more than anyone when playing the sixers, so hard to game plan for, cuz how do you stop 3's from 3 ft behind the line?
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#159 » by Tiny ball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:41 pm

AK47MVP wrote:LMAO. They got worse after most overrated signing in the off season and losing their two best perimeter shooters.... So what that Kawhi left. Bucks are still going to be 60 win team. Oladipo will be back for Indiana. Celtics still dangerous. Can't write off Toronto. Heat may become a player if they get Westbrook. Nets are going to get better too. I see Sixers as 4-5 seed TBH and in no way going past second round. I will change my mind when Simmons will start making jumpers

I have not been following them this off season but Orlando could get it going. They were tuff out last regular season.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,031

Post#160 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:43 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

I mean, maybe his d is that much better, but he shot almost 5% worse on 3's on 2 less attempts per game and had a 1 per less stat.

Reddick is getting long in the tooth, and the decade saved there should help, but I for one hated Reddick more than anyone when playing the sixers, so hard to game plan for, cuz how do you stop 3's from 3 ft behind the line?

The Sixers defense was compromised with Reddick and Harris, they had to let one of them go and at least with Harris he's got the size to hide on stretch 4s & 5s. Reddick's shooting will be missed but his defense was every bit as bad as his shot was good, honestly the Celtics beat them in that series in large part because Brad just kept targeting Reddick. It's why Rozier, Brown and Tatum had such a good series, the Sixers were always scrambling to cover for him or shade to protect him when he got caught in a mismatch.

I think the Sixers will be able to bring ugly ball back with their new lineup and win a lot of ugly looking games where their opponent is struggling to score.

Return to The General Board