Will Markelle Fultz play in another NBA game again?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,188

Re: Will Markelle Fultz play in another NBA game again? 

Post#21 » by Dan Z » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He'll play, but it will become apparent that his shot is completely broken and whatever BS medical excuse they come up with this time wont save his career. I think this is his last season in the league before going to China.

It's possible that he doesn't want to play anymore (and hasn't for awhile). If that's the case then he'll milk his contract until it's over.

According to this website he made $25 million through next season. If he's smart with his money that will set him up for life.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,859

Post#22 » by 510TWSS » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Hope so but does anyone have much expectations for him at this point? He was effectively banished to Orlando
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#23 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 pm

as bad as things went for the celtics and as much heat danny has taken.....it could be so much worse if he had taken fultz
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,289

Post#24 » by Kurt Heimlich » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:31 pm

His NBA future is certainly up in the air. But I look forward to the 30 for 30 in ten or so years on whatever the heck went on with him.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 889

Post#25 » by Bakomagic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Some of the comments in here make it seem like he's been hiding, He has been working out with coaches at the Magic Facility and even made it out to the Vegas Summer league with Jonathon Isaac.

As far as updates go you wont here much, especially with the Magic management being so tight lipped in general. They have said that they are pleased with his progress and their actions in the draft and Free Agency seem to hint that they expect him to be a big contributor this season.

Is it real or are they fooled ? Only time will tell.
MarcusBrody
Starter
And1: 3,727

Post#26 » by MarcusBrody » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:37 pm

nedleeds wrote:
contestedlayups wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:weirdest bust in sports history.

Yup. At least Anthony Bennett flat out sucked, amongst other 1st overall picks who flamed out. Fultz has never had ample opportunity to do much of anything.

Royce White was another one. How did Houston not know about his phobia?

Royce White was picked 16th. Houston knew about his phobia but gambled that he would be able to overcome it. If he had, he could have been a really good pick at the slot. It didn't work out, but they knew what they were doing.
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,321

Post#27 » by Bolivar » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:41 pm

Orlando is a treadmill team, I can't see why they wouldn't just put him in to chuck some shots and play minutes.
BigLurch92
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#28 » by BigLurch92 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 pm

No. He has the YIPS. Why have people and the media not realized this?
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#29 » by Doug_12 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:01 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
contestedlayups wrote:
nedleeds wrote:

Interestingly enough, White's situation made the NBA more conscious towards mental health issues, which prompted the Demar Derozan and Kevin Love initiative to bring awareness to mental health. I think the Rockets knew, but no one really took mental health stuff seriously at the time, and White's refusal to play really helped to bring light to the situation.

I still dont get what was Royce problem. It said he has sociophobia, but I have that and know what it means and I dont think he has that at all. Him saying he was anxious to go to crowded room was the only symptom I recognized, otherwise how the hell sociophobic person did things he did, i for example can even go on live chats or play online games.

He had Generalized Anxiety Disorder which is not the same as sociophobia. I have the same and I can imagine the pressure of being an NBA player was just too much for him especially as a rookie: New environment, a lot of unkown or uncontrollable stuff, having 1 max 2 years to show if he's capable of being part of the rotation, media exposure, travelling on a weekly basis etc...

A professional career is not a cakewalk and I think he was simply not ready for it. Not sure if he tried to get appropriate treatment, but I believe no one would have too much time for that when he wants to compete w/ top level athletes from all around the world - not to talk about the fact that those treatments are mostly developed for people w/ a regular life and regular pressure.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#30 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:02 pm

BigLurch92 wrote:No. He has the YIPS. Why have people and the media not realized this?

GeorgeMarcus wrote:"Common causes of thoracic outlet syndrome include physical trauma from a car accident, repetitive injuries from job- or sports-related activities, certain anatomical defects (such as having an extra rib), and pregnancy." He was in a motorcycle accident before the symptoms came to light. No idea why people don't want to believe this. Not sure if he'll ever recover, but it's definitely TOS. Just like Landry Fields and Ben Uzoh.

That's what he was diagnosed with and that's what makes the most sense, by far.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
poomaster
Senior
And1: 701

Post#31 » by poomaster » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 pm

Probably not, Fultz is done, period.

Maybe he heads over to China after his contract is up, but I doubt it, he would probably bomb there too. He's the biggest bust in the history of the NBA.
Tim Kempton
Starter
And1: 4,897

Post#32 » by Tim Kempton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:09 pm

nedleeds wrote:
contestedlayups wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:weirdest bust in sports history.

Yup. At least Anthony Bennett flat out sucked, amongst other 1st overall picks who flamed out. Fultz has never had ample opportunity to do much of anything.

Be well.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,349

Post#33 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:30 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He'll play, but it will become apparent that his shot is completely broken and whatever BS medical excuse they come up with this time wont save his career. I think this is his last season in the league before going to China.

Yeah at some point he’s going to have to take his chances at the nba again, and Orlando will eventually force it if he doesn’t. He gets one last shot and then it’s over.
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,380

Post#34 » by DaddyCool19 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:52 pm

I bet he will play some games and bait Orlando in picking up his option. The year after he could be out of the league if things stay the way they are
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#35 » by Forte IV » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:00 pm

We should have all known something was up for him when he didn't know how many teams were in the NBA even after 5 or so tries.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,643

Post#36 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:02 pm

DaddyCool19 wrote:I bet he will play some games and bait Orlando in picking up his option. The year after he could be out of the league if things stay the way they are

That's exactly what he did to the Sixers, he literally stopped shooting threes right after they picked up his option :lol:
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,562

Post#37 » by FireMorey » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 pm

I know he's out of sight out of mind right now, but this is the weirdest story in NBA history. Nothing else comes close. Dude played in summer league 2 years ago draining 3's from all over. A few weeks later comes into camp like he's trying to replicate Joakim Noah, everyone said "he's just messing around trying something new" and fastforward over a million things 2 years later and the dude may never play another NBA game again.

This will forever be the most bizarre story I've ever seen in sports. I don't think anything comes close.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,742

Post#38 » by Audi » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Oh look, Real GM's armchair medical professionals have come out of the woodwork to give everyone their expert diagnoses. :banghead:
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#39 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:17 pm

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:I know he's out of sight out of mind right now, but this is the weirdest story in NBA history. Nothing else comes close. Dude played in summer league 2 years ago draining 3's from all over. A few weeks later comes into camp like he's trying to replicate Joakim Noah, everyone said "he's just messing around trying something new" and fastforward over a million things 2 years later and the dude may never play another NBA game again.

This will forever be the most bizarre story I've ever seen in sports. I don't think anything comes close.

No he didn't. He didn't do anything like that. He had one good quarter in one game, and he only played decently in two games.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,128

Post#40 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Audi wrote:Oh look, Real GM's armchair medical professionals have come out of the woodwork to give everyone their expert diagnoses. :banghead:

just wait for the 'JaLeN RoSe SAiD' crowd to show up

Return to The General Board