Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Re: Summer League Discussion- Game 2 v. Hawks 

Post#781 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:09 pm

bizarro wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:
bizarro wrote:Tucker. That knock down shooter! Seriously, tho, WTF said that? Absurd. This kid is so unpolished for the NBA game. All he has is an NBA body. Occasional vision.

EDIT: Also, complete inability to fight above screens. Let's get real.

Tucker is 3/6 on 3 pointers in this game. Shot 41% from 3 his last year in college. It's not that far fetched...

I understand. This is the first game he's hitting from deep. AND, his FT shooting has been pedestrian at best. I like his effort though. Really, I do.

Tucker went 4/10 from 3 in the other 4 games. He can really shoot the 3. Super impressive for a rookie making a huge jump in competition.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#782 » by bizarro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:15 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
bizarro wrote:
DaKidKG wrote:Tucker is 3/6 on 3 pointers in this game. Shot 41% from 3 his last year in college. It's not that far fetched...

I understand. This is the first game he's hitting from deep. AND, his FT shooting has been pedestrian at best. I like his effort though. Really, I do.

Tucker went 4/10 from 3 in the other 4 games. He can really shoot the 3. Super impressive for a rookie making a huge jump in competition.

Interesting. Perhaps his woeful FT shooting colored my opinion? I really don’t understand the FT funk. He had shown a 75-77% capacity in college. He was shooting like Playoff Giannis in SL.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,360

Post#783 » by Ron Swanson » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:09 pm

Colson, Tucker, and Hommes all look like they could fill that 5-10 minute change of pace wing SF that can come in and play adequately in Bud's system. Problem is that none of those guys can create and we still have a glut of wings with guaranteed roster spots (Donte, Sterling, Pat, Wes.....Thanasis). Just don't see where it'd be beneficial to use both 2-way spots on wings.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#784 » by 4xBuck » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:22 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:Trade him. He looks horrible.
awd4cy wrote:I won’t expect any meaningful contributions from DJ Wilson this year. Yikes.

So... He's gonna be worse than last year?
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#785 » by LuessiT » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 pm

bizarro wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
bizarro wrote:

Interesting. Perhaps his woeful FT shooting colored my opinion? I really don’t understand the FT funk. He had shown a 75-77% capacity in college. He was shooting like Playoff Giannis in SL.

It's not far fetched that it's nerves. Or just a fluke. Or he's been working out with heavy weights. Or a number of reasons. On FT/3 point shooting I'd trust the larger body of work set in college.
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#786 » by 4xBuck » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 pm

bizarro wrote: Perhaps his woeful FT shooting colored my opinion? I really don’t understand the FT funk. He had shown a 75-77% capacity in college. He was shooting like Playoff Giannis in SL.

Sample size on the SL FTs.

The dude can shoot... In and around 42% on 3PTs & 76% from the FTL his last two years in college.

Couple that with his top tier NBA quality athleticism and he projects as an interesting NBA prospect.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#787 » by awd4cy » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:47 pm

4xBuck wrote:
awd4cy wrote:I won’t expect any meaningful contributions from DJ Wilson this year. Yikes.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#788 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Good lord was that a deplorable final showing from Wilson.
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#789 » by 4xBuck » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:57 pm

awd4cy wrote:
4xBuck wrote:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all.

The silliness.
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#790 » by 4xBuck » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:11 pm

All in all, especially considering the Bucks had no draft picks, this was a nice SL for them. They do need to sign Hommes and Tucker to 2W contracts for this to play out; I’ll just assume that happens for this post.

I have Hommes, Tucker, Bryant and Colson as players of interest moving forward. I’ll also give a shout out to Landale, but he’s playing overseas this year and I have no idea how he won’t be a disaster defensively in the NBA.

Hommes shooting ability coupled with his size and solid athleticism as an NBA wing is the best thing I saw in the SL. His beautiful shot would be huge for the Bucks if he can transition it to the NBA. It was amazing watching his shot fall through the center of the rim.

At this point we just don’t know if he can play on an NBA level, there’s a reason he wasn’t drafted. He was a big shot in Div. II, but looks a little timid against better competition. A year in the GL would be excellent to see if he can be toughened up. With his shot, there’s even a chance he could be an asset this season for the Bucks. Or, he could be bagging groceries at Piggly Wiggly by January, who knows? I do know I’m all in for giving him every opportunity to see if he can get his shot off in the NBA.

Tucker is an exciting prospect, too. I totally understand why Horst gave him some guaranteed money. He’s a plus athlete, he can shoot and isn’t too old at 21. I’m surprised he wasn’t drafted... To me, he’s clearly the 2nd best, if not the best prospect on the Bucks SL team.

Bryant is an OK all-around player. He seems to be mentally tough as well. I hope he comes to camp and plays all year at Oshkosh to see how he develops.

Colson seems to be the most NBA ready out of all the prospects. His agility and great length shows well, but one big problem is his poor 3Pt shooting. He was good that one season two years ago at ND, but bad before and after that. For him to grab the 15th spot he needs to shoot very well in camp. Otherwise, I’d cut him and offer him a regular roster spot in Oshkosh.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,086

Post#791 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:44 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
CJTURT wrote:I thought I was going to come on the board and read how everyone is sad because we passed up those nice rooks from Boston.

Oh, I'm definitely keeping the Carsen Edwards card in my back pocket.

Edwards signs a 4 year deal right away with Boston for dirt cheap. Still just SL but still the guy looks like he'll be a rotation player and he was the skillset we needed. I adamantly proclaim myself correct after getting kinda ripped for liking him pre draft haha.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#792 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:24 am

Still love canyon Barry
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#793 » by BroncoBuck » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:32 am

Brandon Clarke is so **** good.

15 PTS, 16 REB, 4 AST, and 3 BLK tonight

Summer League MVP

I just don’t understand what teams missed. He was incredible last season and his jumper had made leaps and bounds. I’m just glad the Bucks weren’t even in position to bungle not taking him.

The Grizzlies are my favorite team in the West. Their GM has absolutely killed it. Clarke and Triple J are going to be such an awesome pair. If Morant is the real deal that is a scary team for the next decade.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#794 » by Ruzious » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:57 am

BroncoBuck wrote:Brandon Clarke is so **** good.

Summer League MVP

I just don’t understand what teams missed. He was incredible last season and his jumper had made leaps and bounds. I’m just glad the Bucks weren’t even in position to bungle not taking him.

The Grizzlies are my favorite team in the West. Their GM has absolutely killed it. Clarke and Triple J are going to be such an awesome pair. If Morant is the real deal that is a scary team for the next decade.

I've been a Clarke fan since before anyone talked about him but... he's physically tiny to play PF full-time in the NBA - he is the lightest PF in the NBA. And he'll turn 23 before the season starts, so he's older than most of the SL "stars" - and not likely to add much strength. He doesn't have the perimeter game to move to the 3, so he's likely stuck at the 4. Maybe he's the next Rodman, or maybe he'll get physically pushed around in the NBA and will have to be limited to being a part-time player. And what happened in Vegas, stays in Vegas - being MVP there doesn't mean much.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#795 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Spoiler:

talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#796 » by talbert » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

What did it say?
Badgerlander
RealGM

Post#797 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:38 pm

talbert wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

What did it say?

Spoiler:

BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,609

Post#798 » by BroncoBuck » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Ruzious wrote:

Summer League MVP

I've been a Clarke fan since before anyone talked about him but... he's physically tiny to play PF full-time in the NBA - he is the lightest PF in the NBA. And he'll turn 23 before the season starts, so he's older than most of the SL "stars" - and not likely to add much strength. He doesn't have the perimeter game to move to the 3, so he's likely stuck at the 4. Maybe he's the next Rodman, or maybe he'll get physically pushed around in the NBA and will have to be limited to being a part-time player. And what happened in Vegas, stays in Vegas - being MVP there doesn't mean much.

They talked about him quite a bit on The Ringer pod today (probably my favorite NBA pod outside of Lowe). I’m with them where I just don’t understand what teams were doing. So many teams look at the small things a player doesn’t do and completely overlook what they can do.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#799 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:48 pm

BroncoBuck wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Summer League MVP

They talked about him quite a bit on The Ringer pod today (probably my favorite NBA pod outside of Lowe). I’m with them where I just don’t understand what teams were doing. So many teams look at the small things a player doesn’t do and completely overlook what they can do.

I see both sides - and there are compelling arguments for him and against him succeeding in the NBA. What I would not do is base my view on what he did in Vegas.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#800 » by Frank Nova » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:
BroncoBuck wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I've been a Clarke fan since before anyone talked about him but... he's physically tiny to play PF full-time in the NBA - he is the lightest PF in the NBA. And he'll turn 23 before the season starts, so he's older than most of the SL "stars" - and not likely to add much strength. He doesn't have the perimeter game to move to the 3, so he's likely stuck at the 4. Maybe he's the next Rodman, or maybe he'll get physically pushed around in the NBA and will have to be limited to being a part-time player. And what happened in Vegas, stays in Vegas - being MVP there doesn't mean much.

I see both sides - and there are compelling arguments for him and against him succeeding in the NBA. What I would not do is base my view on what he did in Vegas.
Clarke reminds me a bit of Kuzma tbh. Dont know if he can be the volume scorer Kuzma has turned himself into but so far it seems like a half decent comp...

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis

Return to Milwaukee Bucks