ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: 2019 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#121 » by Spens1 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:30 am

Beal should be a target but honestly i'm not sure how we could get him.

Green + KCP + Kuzma for Beal + some random vet minimums from them
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#122 » by TGW » Tue Jul 9, 2019 4:35 pm

Spens1 wrote:Beal should be a target but honestly i'm not sure how we could get him.

Yea, uh no.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#123 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:50 am

TGW wrote:
Spens1 wrote:Beal should be a target but honestly i'm not sure how we could get him.

Yea, uh no.

and why not, Beal is a legit third star that we can add to the roster.
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#124 » by Ball so hard » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:36 pm

Spens1 wrote:
TGW wrote:

Yea, uh no.

Would you do that trade if you're the Wizards?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#125 » by TGW » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 pm

Spens1 wrote:
TGW wrote:

Yea, uh no.

Why stop at Beal? Might as well add a 2nd rounder to your offer and go for Giannis.

Seriously dude, that is nowhere close to getting you Beal. Try and be somewhat realistic.
King23James
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#126 » by King23James » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:26 pm

stop including kuzma in deals. you wont find anyone in nba as good as him for 3 million.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#127 » by nzahir » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:19 pm

King23James wrote:stop including kuzma in deals. you wont find anyone in nba as good as him for 3 million.

Probably not, but I wonder if we can find a better fit, like a very good cheap defender on wing, such as OG Anunoby who will be 22 next week. I would want a bit more possibly, like try to get FVV and we send KCP, Cook, 2nd.

But I dont think we move Kuzma for at least a season or even 2
Spens1
RealGM

Post#128 » by Spens1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:25 pm

TGW wrote:
Spens1 wrote:
TGW wrote:
Yea, uh no.

Why stop at Beal? Might as well add a 2nd rounder to your offer and go for Giannis.

Seriously dude, that is nowhere close to getting you Beal. Try and be somewhat realistic.

Well its not like they're going to get much better offers unless New Orleans comes in and offers Ingram +

Green + Kuzma as it is actually is pretty good. Kuzma is a 20PPG stretch 4 on a cheap contract which saves the wizards a ton of money regarding cap.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#129 » by lazybatman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:02 am

If we're willing to do it at the deadline, I'd wholeheartedly like us to go for Malcolm Brogdon.

26 year old - Elite 3 pt shooter, clutch af, elite perimeter defender, EU basketball IQ, Ginobili-esque secondary ball handler. No unnecessary American hype.

Fits our squad like a glove. Can call him a poor man's Kawhi or a rich man's Ginobili.

A deal like Green + McGee ought to do it, if Pacer's aren't doing too well by then, but that's a big 'IF', considering they added him and Oladipo should be returning this season. We can prolly pickup a rook for playing 5 mins at Center as a backup to Cousins, AD and Dudley.

Bradley Beal(great fit) makes 27+ mil next year, so we'd have to trade half of our vet minimum roster + Danny Green + KCP for him. And the Wizards may have better offers for him, if they wanna trade him. Doesn't make sense.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#130 » by nzahir » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:07 pm

lazybatman wrote:If we're willing to do it at the deadline, I'd wholeheartedly like us to go for Malcolm Brogdon.

26 year old - Elite 3 pt shooter, clutch af, elite perimeter defender, EU basketball IQ, Ginobili-esque secondary ball handler. No unnecessary American hype.

Fits our squad like a glove. Can call him a poor man's Kawhi or a rich man's Ginobili.

A deal like Green + McGee ought to do it, if Pacer's aren't doing too well by then, but that's a big 'IF', considering they added him and Oladipo should be returning this season. We can prolly pickup a rook for playing 5 mins at Center as a backup to Cousins, AD and Dudley.

Bradley Beal(great fit) makes 27+ mil next year, so we'd have to trade half of our vet minimum roster + Danny Green + KCP for him. And the Wizards may have better offers for him, if they wanna trade him. Doesn't make sense.

Are you on crack?
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#131 » by myersia » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:07 pm

Can we stop with the Beal trades or any other player trades?! Can’t we be happy that we have a killer roster that is stacked. We are about to be really really good. Be happy for once guys!
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#132 » by lazybatman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:42 pm

nzahir wrote:
lazybatman wrote:If we're willing to do it at the deadline, I'd wholeheartedly like us to go for Malcolm Brogdon.

Are you on crack?

maybe.. what's your point?
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#133 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 pm

lazybatman wrote:
nzahir wrote:

Are you on crack?

Well for one, u called Brogdon a rich mans ginobili
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#134 » by lazybatman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Showtime:Part2 wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
nzahir wrote:Are you on crack?

I got mad respect for Duncan and Ginobili. I've lived in San Antonio for a couple of years in 2005-07 and watched these guys dominate for real. Think they're 2 of top 10 the smartest players ever.. getting coached by the absolute best coach ever kinda helps.

That aside, Brogdon's stats are almost identical to those of Ginobili now that I look at them, except that he's a much better shooter and wing defender.

Ginobili - 13.3 3.5 3.8. 44% career shooter. 35% 3FG%
Brogdon - 12.8 3.5 3.6 48% career shooter. 41% 3FG%

Those include Ginobili's final 2 years(not the best), which were not great, but kinda cancel out the benefits of playing with geniuses like TD, TP and Coach Pop.

Ginobili could create clutch plays with assists and creative drives into the paint. Brogdon just shoots 3s like a ninja in the last 5 mins.

Unfortunately there aren't enough stats focused on measuring defense so try an eye test.

Well what are your second and third?
ShaqFu
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#135 » by ShaqFu » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:11 pm

lazybatman wrote:
nzahir wrote:Are you on crack?

:lol:
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#136 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 am

ShaqFu wrote:
lazybatman wrote:

Makes me think now that Brogdon is a superstar caliber if he's a rich man's Ginobili. Manu is an all-star and a champ. :lol: :lol: :lol:
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#137 » by lazybatman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:10 pm

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
ShaqFu wrote:

Makes me think now that Brogdon is a superstar caliber if he's a rich man's Ginobili. Manu is an all-star and a champ. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manu, as great as he was, likely doesn't get the respect he deserved if he doesn't get drafter by the Spurs. Manu was never a superstar or a top 5-10 player in the league.

Great coaches and teams give their role players a chance to look like stars and stars look like superstars -
Think Isaiah Thomas a couple of years ago with Boston. Think KD right now vs a couple of years ago. Think Raptors refusing to trade for PG13 for Pascal Siakam after the championship.

You really think Lebron would have just 3 rings if he was drafted by the Lakers / Spurs / GSW.

Or Kobe would have 5 rings if he doesn't get traded to the Lakers.

MJ couldn't get past the 1st round till he got Pippen.

Here are their career stats again -

I'd be okay to be wrong, but come up with more than a one liner next time if you have a point.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#138 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:14 am

lazybatman wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
ShaqFu wrote:

Manu, as great as he was, likely doesn't get the respect he deserved if he doesn't get drafter by the Spurs. Manu was never a superstar or a top 5-10 player in the league.

Great coaches and teams give their role players a chance to look like stars and stars look like superstars -
Think Isaiah Thomas a couple of years ago with Boston. Think KD right now vs a couple of years ago. Think Raptors refusing to trade for PG13 for Pascal Siakam after the championship.

You really think Lebron would have just 3 rings if he was drafted by the Lakers / Spurs / GSW.

I'd be okay to be wrong, but come up with more than a one liner next time if you have a point.

Putting up stats like that?
Brogdon is in what 3rd or 4th yr against Manu's almost 2 decades?
Manu has proven himself through time. Calling Brogdon at this point as a rich man's Ginobili I believe is kinda under estimating Manu's accomplishments as a baller.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#139 » by Landsberger » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:28 am

Why do we have a trade thread with 7 pages when we don't really have anyone or picks to trade and we haven't played even a scrimmage with the team we just signed?
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#140 » by lazybatman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:15 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
lazybatman wrote:
dAdo dA dEvil wrote:

Putting up stats like that?
Brogdon is in what 3rd or 4th yr against Manu's almost 2 decades?
Manu has proven himself through time. Calling Brogdon at this point as a rich man's Ginobili I believe is kinda under estimating Manu's accomplishments as a baller.

Fair point. Just saying he's a better shooter and perimiter defender. Has proven himself in the clutch several times last season.

I mean no disrespect to Ginobili, Ginobili was a better driver and playmaker. Few players are likely to have a career like him in the NBA, but that's 70% a product of being drafted to be coached by Pop and playing next to Tim Duncan, and 30% of his own skill and intelligence, don't you think?

Most recently, Pop almost coached that group of 36 year olds to holding a 25 point lead on the 73 win Warriors + KD team, until Kawhi got injured.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers