ImageImageImageImageImage

Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

3pt_chucker
Head Coach
And1: 2,002

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#81 » by 3pt_chucker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:42 pm

I think it'll benefit Musa more to stay around the team full time. Sam with Pinson.

Plus Kenny loves running an all bench lineup, so I see them getting spot mins, especially when Kyrie gets games off.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#82 » by Aussienet3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Kemba Walker and Kyrie Irving are basically the same caliber player. Acting like Boston is going to necessarily suffer a decline because of replacing one with the other doesn't make sense to me.

I think Kemba is an excellent player and legit all-star reserve. but i disagree he is the same calibur player as Kyrie. And frankly i think kyrie is criminally underrated and his actual production overshadowed by all this "locker room issue" stuff.

Kyrie is a 24/7 player. that alone is rare. in the last 10 years only 2 guys have hit 24/7... lebron and westbrook. and westbrook did it on enormous volume and horrific shooting.

Kyrie's season last year was remarkable. 24/7/4 on 48/40/88 an 35 PEr/59.2 TS%. the year before he was at 60 TS%. you wont find many lead gaurds who give you 22+ points per game, AND do it on elite efficiency.

Kemba is kyrie without the playmaking and with significantly worse shooting/efficiency.

Now, losing Horford is what is going to hurt them, because he's a really good player that they didn't find a replacement for.

Not just losing horford, but baynes and morris as well. they have 0 up front, especially on D. they also have 0 depth with rozier gone too. thats not a good team, and they still have the same problems as last year... young kids who want more touches but are blocked by high volume vets. only now they have no defense up front, depth, or a star of kyries calibur

And that's not me thinking Kyrie isn't all that...I just think Kemba is a really good player that's super underrated. Kyrie has received more of a national spotlight and attention because he's had the opportunity for more team success, and to his credit, he delivered in the big moments, but Kemba has also spent his entire career in freaking Charlotte. I'm excited to see what he can do with a solid team around him in Boston.

Also, not to mention that Kemba is very durable and is likely going to just be more available for Boston than Kyrie was.

kyrie is better. kyrie is criminally underrated. what kyrie has done is nothing short of remarkable. when you combine his scoring/playmaking with his elite shooting its something we have rarely seen at PG.

What has Kemba done at the pro level that makes you love him so much? It was a disgrace that he made 3rd team over Klay. He couldn't even drag his team to the play offs. Thats what all star players do Prok. They win. Yes he will win more in Boston. But only because he has better players around him. But until the C's admit that it's Tatum's team and every one else just has a supporting cast. They are just treading water and second round exits are their ceiling.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,175

Post#83 » by Keith Van Horn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:55 pm

with the Nwaba signing, so we think Musa stays with the G League team again this season?
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Post#84 » by Papi_swav » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:50 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:with the Nwaba signing, so we think Musa stays with the G League team again this season?

I think so. Pinson is the best cheerleader with his sideline dancing. Musa s*** the bed in summer league, I mean yea u can't put too much stock into Summer league but still, he only had like 1 good game.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#85 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:with the Nwaba signing, so we think Musa stays with the G League team again this season?

I think so. Pinson is the best cheerleader with his sideline dancing. Musa s*** the bed in summer league, I mean yea u can't put too much stock into Summer league but still, he only had like 1 good game.

even if musa did have a good showing it makes little sense not to have him in the G-league. he needs minutes to develop and even fi he was on the 15 man roster he wasnt gonna get minutes. with kurucs we were thin at F with injuries. at G we are loaded.
get him PT so he can develop
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:

even if musa did have a good showing it makes little sense not to have him in the G-league. he needs minutes to develop and even fi he was on the 15 man roster he wasnt gonna get minutes. with kurucs we were thin at F with injuries. at G we are loaded.

To me Pinson seems further along than Musa. I'd like Pinson to be the third string PG/SG and agreed, keep Musa in the GL most of the year. Probably along with Claxton.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#87 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I think so. Pinson is the best cheerleader with his sideline dancing. Musa s*** the bed in summer league, I mean yea u can't put too much stock into Summer league but still, he only had like 1 good game.

To me Pinson seems further along than Musa. I'd like Pinson to be the third string PG/SG and agreed, keep Musa in the GL most of the year. Probably along with Claxton.

i think claxton will get a roster spot... and play. potentially a decent amount. he translated to what we do and is basically a kurucs clone. i can see him and Rodi being the rotation at F with Harris/Prince at the other F spot
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:44 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

i think claxton will get a roster spot... and play. potentially a decent amount. he translated to what we do and is basically a kurucs clone. i can see him and Rodi being the rotation at F with Harris/Prince at the other F spot

what about Wilson Chandler?

The way I saw it between the wings and bigs was:

3 position - Harris 50% / Prince 50%
4 position - Rodi 70% / Chandler 30%
5 position - Allen 60 % / Jordan 40%

I supposed Claxton can be used interchangeably and get heavier minutes based on any injuries?
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#89 » by Rockice_24 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Not sure exactly how the minutes will break down but essentially we'll go 10 deep most nights. So many of the guys can swap between 2/3 and 3/4 so we are really versatile there.

Kyrie/Din/Levert/Harris/Nawaba/Rodi/Prince/Chandler/Allen/Jordan

Those 10 likely get the most burn with Temple being the 11th man when called upon because we will go 11 deep at times and Pinson/Clax/Musa playing if injuries happen.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#90 » by SpeedyG » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Musa should be ahead of Pinson if only because of his size.

Sent from my SM-G925T using RealGM mobile app
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#91 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:To me Pinson seems further along than Musa. I'd like Pinson to be the third string PG/SG and agreed, keep Musa in the GL most of the year. Probably along with Claxton.

what about Wilson Chandler?

The way I saw it between the wings and bigs was:

3 position - Harris 50% / Prince 50%
4 position - Rodi 70% / Chandler 30%
5 position - Allen 60 % / Jordan 40%

I supposed Claxton can be used interchangeably and get heavier minutes based on any injuries?

Wilson chandler is a corpse, not longer a guy you can give minutes to unless you get hit with the injury bug
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,572

Post#92 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:43 pm

I didn't really get a chance to watch our summer league games but how did Claxton look? If the guy gets mins with the big boy club I will be shocked, he looks like a stick.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#93 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

I think we are probably looking at:

Gaurd:
Kyrie 30 (S)
Dinwiddie 28
Levert 28 (S)
Nwaba 10

Forward:
Harris 30 (S)
Kurucs 26 (S)
Prince 24
Temple 8
Claxton 8 (will increase with time and production)**

Big:
Allen 28 (S)
Jordan 20

DNP - CD:
Pinson (spot minutes, injury to any gaurd. Nwaba's defense will get him on the floor over pinson)
Musa (Injury maybe multiple needed to see minutes)
Hands (D-League for sure)
Alan Williams (is he still on the team?)

**11 man rotation that would shrinkg to 10 if claxton can earn the minutes and relegate Temple to a dudley bench role like when kurucs took dudleys minutes.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#94 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:I think we are probably looking at:

Gaurd:
Kyrie 30 (S)
Dinwiddie 28
Levert 28 (S)
Nwaba 10

Forward:
Harris 30 (S)
Kurucs 26 (S)
Prince 24
Temple 8

Big:
Allen 28 (S)
Jordan 20

**11 man rotation that would shrinkg to 10 if claxton can earn the minutes and relegate Temple to a dudley bench role like when kurucs took dudleys minutes.

Man you are really high on Claxton. I think he needs to gain some more weight but I definitely like him at the 2nd forward position in the long run, if he gets into the rotation this season that would be a huge gain for the Nets.

:nod: feels good man. We have a solid roster our talent and this is with Durant not even in the picture yet.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#95 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Gaurd:
Kyrie 30 (S)
Dinwiddie 28
Levert 28 (S)
Nwaba 10

Forward:
Harris 30 (S)
Kurucs 26 (S)
Prince 24
Temple 8

Big:
Allen 28 (S)
Jordan 20

Man you are really high on Claxton. I think he needs to gain some more weight but I definitely like him at the 2nd forward position in the long run, if he gets into the rotation this season that would be a huge gain for the Nets.

:nod: feels good man. We have a solid roster our talent and this is with Durant not even in the picture yet.

I dont think the weight is a big issues since: (A) he is going to play the wing/forward not Big/Center and (B) we dont really ask our Wing/Forwards to be physical. He really isnt much/any smaller then Kurucs was last year and his game is basically the same.

id feel better if we could bring in another sniper. someone like korver or ellington or morrow
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#96 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Gaurd:
Kyrie 30 (S)
Dinwiddie 28
Levert 28 (S)
Nwaba 10

Forward:
Harris 30 (S)
Kurucs 26 (S)
Prince 24
Temple 8

Big:
Allen 28 (S)
Jordan 20

I dont think the weight is a big issues since: (A) he is going to play the wing/forward not Big/Center and (B) we dont really ask our Wing/Forwards to be physical. He really isnt much/any smaller then Kurucs was last year and his game is basically the same.

id feel better if we could bring in another sniper. someone like korver or ellington or morrow

Same. We'll have to hope that Prince can maintain that 39% 3PT shooting and Kurucs/LeVert both take steps up in being consistent from downtown.

Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by Keith Van Horn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:08 pm

The Ellenson signing maybe changes the pt that Claxton gets
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#98 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:The Ellenson signing maybe changes the pt that Claxton gets

Ellenson is a big and on a 2-way contract.

Claxton is a wing/forward and has a full roster spot

i dont think one will effect the other. Ellenson is probably out 3rd/emergency center
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#99 » by SpeedyG » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Do we have both our 2 way? Ellenson got one. Whos the other?

Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#100 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm

SpeedyG wrote:Do we have both our 2 way? Ellenson got one. Whos the other?

Pinson.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets