Spurs/Cavs/Magic

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Re: Spurs/Cavs/Magic 

Post#21 » by Mykhyn » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:49 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Chinook wrote:
phraoh wrote:I think Spurs fans are wrong...really think their FO would do this trade in a second. Actually doubt that Cleveland or Orlando FO would do this trade. Fournier's contract is not a negative to me at all...17mill for I think 2 seasons.

The Spurs' FO is way more conservative than their fan base. They definitely would NOT do this trade. They tend to think of trades as huge events because they consider their players as people more than employees. A guy has to really not be working out or really want to move on for them to deal him. If Portland were the ones LMA was set to go, that would be another matter, since he seems inclined to return there at some point. But they aren't a franchise that shuffles deck chairs ... even when those chairs badly need reshuffling.

And "bleep" no they wouldn't trade Walker. I think it's just stubbornness to believe PATFO would move their best player AND best prospect for a lateral move and a guy with major bust potential.

you know your front office better than I do.

but when did Walker become some great star? killing it in summer league doesnt mean anything. Josh Hart was a SL MVP and couldnt grab a starting role. I dont think the top-4 in scoring 3 years ago even made an NBA team.

Spurs basically never draft busts in the first round unless it's due to injury. They picked lonnie with their highest pick since Kawhi and were prepared to trade up for him if needed. Hes overachieved since then. Hes going no where.
Wade
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#22 » by Wade » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 am

jbk1234 wrote:
phraoh wrote:I think Spurs fans are wrong...really think their FO would do this trade in a second. Actually doubt that Cleveland or Orlando FO would do this trade. Fournier's contract is not a negative to me at all...17mill for I think 2 seasons.
Orlando would 100% do this trade. They're cap is jacked up after stretching Mozgov and re-signing both Vuc and Ross. They still don't have a sure-fire starting PG and Bamba is injured again.

The problem is that the Cavs have drafted four guards in the first round over the past two seasons and aren't willing to re-enter the tax for a lotto protected 1st.

I also agree that LMA makes zero sense for the Cavs given where they're at, and for a multitude of reasons they would not view a LMA for Love swap as a win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

Others have butchered this and I will too. Their three most impactful players from last season are on front loaded deals, bless Lonnie's heart he's not that enticing (118 minutes of NBA ball ffs), Moz was only stretched to bring Khem Birch back, Bamba isn't INJURED he's summer league *injured,* they're going to give DJ, Fultz, MCW a committee at PG (don't buy that "no timeline" nonsense, it's fuggin July and this FO is tight-lipped), and lastly, the Magic won't even think about a trade until 12/15, at the earliest. And so on.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,090

Post#23 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 am

Cklbmk wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Chinook wrote:
The Spurs' FO is way more conservative than their fan base. They definitely would NOT do this trade. They tend to think of trades as huge events because they consider their players as people more than employees. A guy has to really not be working out or really want to move on for them to deal him. If Portland were the ones LMA was set to go, that would be another matter, since he seems inclined to return there at some point. But they aren't a franchise that shuffles deck chairs ... even when those chairs badly need reshuffling.

And "bleep" no they wouldn't trade Walker. I think it's just stubbornness to believe PATFO would move their best player AND best prospect for a lateral move and a guy with major bust potential.

you know your front office better than I do.

but when did Walker become some great star? killing it in summer league doesnt mean anything. Josh Hart was a SL MVP and couldnt grab a starting role. I dont think the top-4 in scoring 3 years ago even made an NBA team.

Spurs basically never draft busts in the first round unless it's due to injury. They picked lonnie with their highest pick since Kawhi and were prepared to trade up for him if needed. Hes overachieved since then. Hes going no where.

Livio St Charles, James Anderson, Kyle Anderson. none are lighting the world on fire.

As for Lonnie "overachieved" how exactly has that happened. His rookie stats dont show it.
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#24 » by Mykhyn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 am

tiderulz wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
tiderulz wrote:you know your front office better than I do.

Livio St Charles, James Anderson, Kyle Anderson. none are lighting the world on fire.

As for Lonnie "overachieved" how exactly has that happened. His rookie stats dont show it.

Ljc injuries. James anderson injuries. Kyle anderson isn't close to a bust for 30th pick. One of the best wing defenders in the league with the ability to play pg? Memphis fans rebuff any trades with him for a reason.

Lonnies rookie stats... lol. Rookies dont play on the spurs. Hes well ahead of where most young players are after their first year for us.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#25 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 am

Cklbmk wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

Ljc injuries. James anderson injuries. Kyle anderson isn't close to a bust for 30th pick. One of the best wing defenders in the league with the ability to play pg? Memphis fans rebuff any trades with him for a reason.

Lonnies rookie stats... lol. Rookies dont play on the spurs. Hes well ahead of where most young players are after their first year for us.

I'm just saying, looking objectively at Walker, the only thing you can really point to is Summer League play, which is not an accurate predictor of anything
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#26 » by Mykhyn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:08 am

tiderulz wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Livio St Charles, James Anderson, Kyle Anderson. none are lighting the world on fire.

I'm just saying, looking objectively at Walker, the only thing you can really point to is Summer League play, which is not an accurate predictor of anything

His progress and chemistry with the team, his spot minutes due to his great defense, his leadership on and off the court, and his very clear offensive potential.

Theres no scenario we trade him for Bamba.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#27 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:09 am

Cklbmk wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

His progress and chemistry with the team, his spot minutes due to his great defense, his leadership on and off the court, and his very clear offensive potential.

Theres no scenario we trade him for Bamba.

not saying you should make a trade. And the items you point to, not really seen by anyone outside of SA and their fans
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man
And1: 802

Post#28 » by GANGSTERDOG » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Lol trade a Future 2x Defensive player of the year and 7 Footer who can hit 4 Threes at a 40% clip while avaeraging 11RBs a game for a Guy that was good at Summer League? Not gonna happen.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,470

Post#29 » by Chinook » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:42 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Livio St Charles, James Anderson, Kyle Anderson. none are lighting the world on fire.

Guess I'm having a hard time figuring out why that matters. Trades aren't made by the objective consensus. That's the conceit of this forum that I cannot abide. Whether the Spurs believe in Walker determines how willing they are to trade him, not what we as fans see. Walker's been the top prospect on the Spurs since they drafted him. The summer league meant nothing more than a glimpse at why they tried to trade up for him in the draft.

If we were trying to nab someone good and offered Walker as the sweetener, then it totally makes sense to scrutinize what we know and believe. But when someone comes to "buy" him, disparaging his value doesn't really work. Lonnie is not for sale. He wasn't for sale last year either. You'd have to offer what the Spurs are willing to change their mind for, not what you'd be comfortable giving up.

And I totally understand Magic fans thinking the same about Bamba. If this were a thread made by a Spurs fan trying to snag him, I'd be on their side if someone tried to disparage Bamba's value.
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#30 » by Mykhyn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:46 pm

GANGSTERDOG wrote:Lol trade a Future 2x Defensive player of the year and 7 Footer who can hit 4 Threes at a 40% clip while avaeraging 11RBs a game for a Guy that was good at Summer League? Not gonna happen.

By that logic..

Why would we trade a future 2x MVP and top defender who can hit 3s at a 48.5% rate for a guy that wasn't good in summer league?
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#31 » by tiderulz » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Cklbmk wrote:
GANGSTERDOG wrote:Lol trade a Future 2x Defensive player of the year and 7 Footer who can hit 4 Threes at a 40% clip while avaeraging 11RBs a game for a Guy that was good at Summer League? Not gonna happen.

By that logic..

Why would we trade a future 2x MVP and top defender who can hit 3s at a 48.5% rate for a guy that wasn't good in summer league?

yeah, sorry Gangster, if you attribute the absolute ceiling to Bamba, the same can be done for Walker.
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by GANGSTERDOG » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:56 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

By that logic..

yeah, sorry Gangster, if you attribute the absolute ceiling to Bamba, the same can be done for Walker.

Who wasn't good in the summer league? And trust me she didn't say anything about Lonnie Walker so I'm assuming he wont be an all-time great. She only talked about the 25 best players that in a 5 year span and Bamba was mentioned.
Mykhyn
General Manager

Post#33 » by Mykhyn » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 pm

GANGSTERDOG wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:

By that logic..

Who wasn't good in the summer league? And trust me she didn't say anything about Lonnie Walker so I'm assuming he wont be an all-time great. She only talked about the 25 best players that in a 5 year span and Bamba was mentioned.

"She"?

And Bamba wasn't good in summer league.

You can't act like Bamba will reach his best case scenario while at the same time acting like Lonnie won't. Lonnie has shown more than Bamba.
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by GANGSTERDOG » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:25 am

Bamba was good in the summer league this year in the 1 game he played.

I live in Vegas. My only job is sports betting. There is a famous lady here who predicts future outcomes of players, NOT Teams but players. She's usually always right. She was right about Jokic she was right about Bennett she was right about Oladipo she even predicted TIGER WOODS RECENT WIN. You give this lady $2500 she will make you $200,000. Simple as that.
Only time she failed me was Exum.

Anyways Bamba is suppose to be great. I don't know how lol but he is .
GANGSTERDOG
Sixth Man

Post#35 » by GANGSTERDOG » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:26 am

Cklbmk wrote:
GANGSTERDOG wrote:
tiderulz wrote:yeah, sorry Gangster, if you attribute the absolute ceiling to Bamba, the same can be done for Walker.

"She"?

And Bamba wasn't good in summer league.

You can't act like Bamba will reach his best case scenario while at the same time acting like Lonnie won't. Lonnie has shown more than Bamba.

I ment to quote you, my bad. In my last post.

Return to Trades and Transactions