Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#561 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:52 am

emunney wrote:
bizarro wrote:
DanoMac wrote:The outrage or dislike of the Middleton contract is confusing to me.

Was it not like 3-4 years ago that we had discussions over who was better between Klay and Khris? And posting their basketball reference numbers and talking about how similar they are?

It was a fair contract for the player and his performance thus far. I genuinely don't get all the anger.

Here’s your answer:

Those that don’t like the contract, myself included, have more information and more Middleton experiences to have the opinion of: All basketball things considered, Khris Middleton isn’t worth a Max or near Max deal.

:D

Here's where I say, loudly: neither is Klay.

Klay Thompson did 26 a game on 55/59/60 against Kawhi and the Raptors. Khris Middleton did 14 a game on 41/35/55
Klay Thompson has scored 37 in a quarter. Khris Middleton has scored 37 points in a game three times in his career.

Klay Thompson has scored 60 points in 29 minutes.
Klay Thompson has scored 44 points in less than 3 quarters.
Klay Thompson saved elimination Game 6 against the Thunder by going supernova and dropping 41 with 11 3's. Khris Middleton attempted one shot in Game 6 against the Raptors in the final 14:18 for zero points and a turnover.
Klay Thompson is a legitimate All-Star in the West. Khris Middleton is an illegitimate All-Star in the East.

And so on. There has never ever ever ever been any comparison between the two players, and people with two eyes have been saying this from the start. Klay also a better and more consistent defender. If we had Klay Thompson instead of Khris Middleton, we'd be the champs.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#562 » by emunney » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:55 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
emunney wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Here’s your answer:

Those that don’t like the contract, myself included, have more information and more Middleton experiences to have the opinion of: All basketball things considered, Khris Middleton isn’t worth a Max or near Max deal.

Klay Thompson did 26 a game on 55/59/60 against Kawhi and the Raptors. Khris Middleton did 14 a game on 41/35/55
Klay Thompson has scored 37 in a quarter. Khris Middleton has scored 37 points in a game three times in his career.

Klay Thompson saved elimination Game 6 against the Thunder by going supernova and dropping 41 with 11 3's. Khris Middleton attempted one shot in Game 6 against the Raptors in the final 14:18 for zero points and a turnover.
Klay Thompson is a legitimate All-Star in the West. Khris Middleton is an illegitimate All-Star in the East.

And so on. There has never ever ever ever been any comparison between the two players, and people with two eyes have been saying this from the start. Klay also a better and more consistent defender. If we had Klay Thompson instead of Khris Middleton, we'd be the champs.

Klay Thompson is the greatest collector of All-Star run-off in NBA history. Great shooter though!
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#563 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:We learned tonight the going rate to trade away a $40mm dollar plus fifth year on a declining player.

Yea on a guy seven years older, who hasn't topped 60 games in two straight seasons, and still has three years remaining at more annual salary than Khris will make in any year save for the last. And "declining" Khris' per-36 numbers were up across the board as well as his 3pt shooting. :roll:

Good bait, you got me to bite... :banghead:
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#564 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:57 pm

Read on Twitter
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#565 » by DavidDunn21 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Even his tweets are lazy.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#566 » by trwi7 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:55 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Shows how much of a hater you are. He used an extra period in the ellipsis and you call him lazy smh.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,319

Post#567 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:58 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I laughed.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#568 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:56 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:We learned tonight the going rate to trade away a $40mm dollar plus fifth year on a declining player.

Yea on a guy seven years older, who hasn't topped 60 games in two straight seasons, and still has three years remaining at more annual salary than Khris will make in any year save for the last. And "declining" Khris' per-36 numbers were up across the board as well as his 3pt shooting. :roll:

I was referring to 30 year old Westbrook.

Two years from today, Middleton will be 30 and have three years and $114 million left on his deal.

We have to win the title in the next two seasons.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#569 » by humanrefutation » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:11 am

Klay has been my ideal partner for Giannis for years now. He's better than Middleton by a decent margin. He benefited tremendously from having Steph and KD around him, but Khris has benefited significantly from having Giannis and Bledsoe and Lopez and Brogdon to take attention away from him, too. He just doesn't take as much advantage of it.

Besides, Klay almost single-handedly dragged a broken Warriors team to Game 7. He was a stud until he got hurt.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#570 » by bizarro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:37 am

humanrefutation wrote:Klay has been my ideal partner for Giannis for years now. He's better than Middleton by a decent margin. He benefited tremendously from having Steph and KD around him, but Khris has benefited significantly from having Giannis and Bledsoe and Lopez and Brogdon to take attention away from him, too. He just doesn't take as much advantage of it.

Besides, Klay almost single-handedly dragged a broken Warriors team to Game 7. He was a stud until he got hurt.

You hate good defense.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Post#571 » by Chapter29 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:49 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Well it's done. No use getting all worked up. I don't like it but time to look ahead and hope he lives up to it. We are definitely contenders this year. Looking forward to a fun season.

One thing I won't do is hope he fails so I can say "I knew it".

Right. This can be a franchise killer (meaning payrollwise and/or losing Giannis) all the way to leading us to a championship, keeping Giannis or both.

I hate this contract and he is definitely overpaid. He is a good player, a good to great teammate and wants to be here. Giannis wants him here. So that's good side of things.

This is a big risk. No question. We have a really good team and honestly all I care about is doing well enough to make sure we seal that contract with Giannis. Really all that matters. We rely on the strength of our team and chemistry more so, hopefully, than the need for superstar talent....at least at this moment. I don't fear losing Giannis, he wants to be here and I LOL at all the fans and GMs targeting him in 2 years. You're gonna be disappointed. But we need to seal this deal by making good decisions.....was this Middleton signing one of them? I think so. I hope so.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#572 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:17 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
emunney wrote:
bizarro wrote:
Here’s your answer:

I could be wrong, but Kawai wasn’t guarding Klay, Danny Green was, He also wasn’t defending him either.
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#573 » by CountMe3Outs » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's more realistic to assess a player's performance against some meager form of resistance:

Rumor has it he's hired a small staff to help him out with some routine tasks:

mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#574 » by mke_design » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:

I was referring to 30 year old Westbrook.

Two years from today, Middleton will be 30 and have three years and $114 million left on his deal.

We have to win the title in the next two seasons.

I disagree. We have a maybe 1/20 chance of doing that regardless. But there’s no guarantee Giannis leaves if we don’t win.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#575 » by LKN » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Middleton's contract is big, but honestly it's kind of the going rate these days. Look at the positives:

The Raptors lost Kawhi - likely eliminating them as a serious threat
The 76ers, the only other serious threat, gave out an even worse contract to Tobias Harris (who got paid more than Middleton and is a worse player than Middleton).

Giannis is pretty clearly the best player in the east and possibly the entire NBA. I'm not even convinced Kawhi is better based on 6 games where he had more help and better coaching. If Giannis goes 70% from the line against Toronto (and to be fair - that's on him - he must get more consistent) the Bucks are probably in the finals. Giannis also is still very young and could improve even more.

To me the key for you guys next year is to vary the offense more. Bud can't stick to Giannis inside or 3 pointers to a fault. That should still be a big part of the offense, but he needs to mix it up more when the 3s aren't falling and the opponent can just triple Giannis. Bledsoe (and yes, he needs to play better in the playoffs) is a good penetrator and could be used to relieve some of the pressure off Giannis. Lopez could also be used in the post from time to time to generate some buckets. Middleton isn't a bad ISO scorer either - providing another option.

Another note on Giannis - there's this (IMO stupid) idea he needs to take more jumpers and 3 pointers. I think this is a mistake. What he needs to do is work on his passing, post game and maybe being the roll make in PnR sets. Giannis would have to shoot the mid range like MJ to make it worth not sagging off him... and even then it still might be better to sag off him - he's that good scoring at the rim.

I'd be pretty optimistic if I were you guys - The 76ers are the only real threat next year and they just lost their best offensive player (Butler).
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,086

Post#576 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Wow, that could've been written by me. Good post, haha
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#577 » by emunney » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:57 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ugh moving so slow in this clip.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bucksfan28
General Manager

Post#578 » by Bucksfan28 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:33 pm

emunney wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Ugh moving so slow in this clip.

And not even sweating smh
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,884

Post#579 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:26 am

Read on Twitter
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#580 » by bizarro » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:38 am

Obviously make-funnable. But, naw. Celebrate the goodn ess, gents. That’s celebratory.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks