ImageImageImage

Jimmy Butler S&T 4yr $142 Million with the HEAT

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,726

Re: Jimmy Butler S&T 4yr $142 Million with the HEAT 

Post#161 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:18 pm

DefenseWins wrote:
RRR3 wrote:
vincent wrote:
Hold on to your underwear my friend
Trading season not over with yet!!! :guitar:

Who could we acquire that would make us a contender? I’m not giving up Bam+additional stuff for Beal. Bam is the future. Beal and Butler isn’t winning ****. I like Beal IJS

Coming into this season, I thought Richardson would continue to be apart of this young blood core we got. We then trade him, for an AllStar when the opportunith came. Anything can happen. Our young guys are not safe except Winslow IMO.

Winslow is getting traded for Kawhi.
Paz
Analyst
And1: 3,862

Post#162 » by Paz » Wed Jul 3, 2019 9:39 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
DefenseWins wrote:
RRR3 wrote:Who could we acquire that would make us a contender? I’m not giving up Bam+additional stuff for Beal. Bam is the future. Beal and Butler isn’t winning ****. I like Beal IJS

Coming into this season, I thought Richardson would continue to be apart of this young blood core we got. We then trade him, for an AllStar when the opportunith came. Anything can happen. Our young guys are not safe except Winslow IMO.

Winslow is getting traded for Kawhi.

You have some insider info on this DoM? I personally think this is the right move for the Raptors to get something from Kawhi if he didn't want to be in the cold tundra of Canada anymore. I have heard that he wants to play with Jimmy but I didn't believe the hype of him coming here. Miami would have to be his choice if a trade were to happen.
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#163 » by HeatFanLifer » Thu Jul 4, 2019 12:49 am

OP for NBA FT record
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#164 » by rzzzzz » Thu Jul 4, 2019 3:05 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Where in N.C.? Wife and I moved to Asheville back in September.

Are you a member of DARN? Come on out and join us at the Tourists game on the 12th.
sdrawkcabssa
Freshman
And1: 272

Post#165 » by sdrawkcabssa » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:45 pm

What number is he going to wear? 23 is already retired.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,658

Post#166 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:55 pm

sdrawkcabssa wrote:What number is he going to wear? 23 is already retired.

BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#167 » by BFRESH44 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 5:34 pm

sdrawkcabssa wrote:What number is he going to wear? 23 is already retired.

21 was his number as a Chicago Bull. Most likely going back to that, now that's available with Hassan being traded.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#168 » by DefenseWins » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:00 am

somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#169 » by somerandomdude » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:34 am

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/fl-sp-miami-heat-jimmy-butler-media-session-20190707-5lnuidqayvblrh6z5jmileleie-story.html

"I think the culture that this organization is about, obviously the players that they have, the players they have had in the past, it fits who I am, what I'm about, how I think, how I go about what I go about every day," he said. "And it's a new home for me, to tell you the truth.

"Not to mention that one of my best friends and a brother in Dwyane Wade did a lot for this organization and is an amazing player. So he may have had a little bit of something to do with it, as well. He would always say, 'It would be a place for you. The type of guy you are, the mentality you have, the Heat culture, it just fits.' We laugh about it now, but looking back it's like, damn, he kind of called how it could happen and how this would be a place that just fits me to a tee."

Butler, though, made it clear he does not see it as following in the footsteps of his former Chicago Bulls teammate and fellow Marquette product.

"I don't think anybody can take over the role that Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr. had here for this organization and for the game of basketball," he said. "Here, across the globe, everybody kind of knows that Heat 3 jersey with his name on the back. I'm just fortunate and blessed enough to call him a friend, a mentor, a role model, all of those great things."

After playing alongside Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris in Philadelphia, Butler arrives to a roster lacking a designated co-star. But amid speculation of the Heat now to make a run at Russell Westbrook or Bradley Beal, Butler said that is a conversion left for another time.

"I don't try to get, or we don't try to get too far ahead of ourselves right now," he said. "I'm still basking in the moment that I'm here. This happened today, basically.

"I feel I have to live for the right now. And then, whenever we start to talk about that and move forward on that type of stuff, that's the next step."

"I will say that I knew what the Heat organization was about before the year even started," he said. "And I've known what it's about three years ago, four years ago, because I was such good friends with so many people within the organization, that I had an idea and I knew who I was. It just fit there.

As for walking into the Heat locker room with his new teammates, he said the goal will be to reach for the standard set by Wade.

“I’m sure he set the bar pretty high for those guys, and they are continuing to try to reach that bar every day,” he said. “Now that I’m here, I got to jump up there and try to reach that bar, as well.”
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,456

Post#170 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 8:07 am

Yimmy turned down Sixers, Rockets, and Kawhi for us; I don't think dude came to share any light with anybody

If nothing else, his tenure should be interesting
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,021

Post#171 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 12:33 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Yimmy turned down Sixers, Rockets, and Kawhi for us; I don't think dude came to share any light with anybody

I don’t think he ran away from being buddying stars in other places... I think he ran to a place he truly believes in. I do not believe his issue is sharing the lights, as long as he is sharing the lights with like minded people in a place that preaches that. He was obviously sold on Miami since Wade got in his ear.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,456

Post#172 » by Bishop45 » Sun Jul 7, 2019 3:59 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:Yimmy turned down Sixers, Rockets, and Kawhi for us; I don't think dude came to share any light with anybody

I don’t think he ran away from being buddying stars in other places... I think he ran to a place he truly believes in. I do not believe his issue is sharing the lights, as long as he is sharing the lights with like minded people in a place that preaches that. He was obviously sold on Miami since Wade got in his ear.

If he's not like-minded with the recent Finals MVP... Interesting, to say the least
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,723

Post#173 » by AirP. » Sun Jul 7, 2019 6:02 pm

I started this post as a Butler on a worse roster then the current Miami roster and it expanded, sorry for all the text.

The first year Wade went to Chicago(Butler's last year), Butler basically carried that bad roster(way worse than the current Miami roster) to the playoffs going .500. MCW started 19 games, Jerian Grant 28 starts, Paul Zipser 22 starts. Wade missed 23 games, most of those near the ned of the season. Chicago figured the playoffs were out of reach, salary dumped Gibson and McDermott for Payne, Lauvergne, and Marrow, Wade went down, Butler slid from the 3 to the 2, Paul Zipster went to the 3 and Butler carried the Bulls into the playoffs going 7 and 4 while D.Wade was out and Gibson already in OKC. During that stretch, Chicago won a big game at New Orleans with Butler putting up 39 against Boogie, AD, and Holiday who combined for 73 points(Cousins 26, AD 30, Holiday 17).

This is mostly how the starters looked that 41-41 season, they really had no depth, much worse roster than this current Heat roster.

PG: Rondo(42 starts), Grant(28), MCW(19)
SG: Wade(59), Butler started SG when Wade was out
SF: Butler, Zipser(18)
PF: Gibson(55),Portis(13)
C: R.Lopez(81)

Then he went to Minnesota and had them in the 3rd seed before he had an injury that had him miss 6 weeks, came back and they made the playoffs for the 1st time in over a decade but he wasn't near 100%. I think at that point he figured he was giving it all he could and certain teammates weren't, Towns was manhandled by Capella that first round but got some points to pad his stats once the game was over.

Philly basically utilized Butler early on as R.Covington but gave the ball to him late in the games, hence his stats in the regular season and 1st round were low, when Butler was allowed to be the playmaker(with Simmons taking a back seat) the 76ers became a much tougher team and had a legit shot at winning the championship, they can cry all they want about fit(and some certain podcaster does left and right, he was mad about the players traded for Butler and Simmons development as a late game scorer) but had Embiid not been sick 2-3 of those 2nd round games, they would have knocked Miami out of the playoffs and probably got by the Bucks also, 76ers had went 1-2 against them last season(2 losses without Butler, 1 win with Butler), the game with Butler, Butler got 27, Embiid 40 and Giannis got a monster 52 while basically laughing at bullying Simmons.

You guys got a difference maker in Butler, currently have actually a better roster then Chicago had by a good amount, if this team could get another possible big scorer who isn't a playmaker(catch and shoot or low post scorer), this team could be deadly depending on what they have to give up.
BFRESH44
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 10,820

Post#174 » by BFRESH44 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Daily reminder that Jimmy G Buckets is a Heat player

Daffy
Analyst
And1: 3,647

Post#175 » by Daffy » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Yall saying Wade got in Butler's ear and sold him on Miami but don't think he wants to share the spot light with anyone?

Wade shared the light with Bron, Bosh, Shaq. I'm pretty sure one of the selling points from Wade was that Riley will always try to find you a running mate.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,834

Post#176 » by Wiltside » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:05 am

BFRESH44 wrote:Daily reminder that Jimmy G Buckets is a Heat player

I feel like this move hasn't got the kudos or respect that it deserves.

We got Butler and Leonard for the cost of Richardson, Whtieside and a lottery protected FRP. That's a huge win.

Butler is a star, man. One of the best two way players in the game. I still don't really know how we pulled this one off.

His last full season (2017/2018 - 28 y/o) where he was the alpha dog (I'm excluding Philly, despite the fact he actually turned out to be their man guy in the playoffs):

22.2ppg, 5.3rpg, 4.9apg, 2.0spg, 0.4bpg, 1.8tg, 36.7mpg, 47.4%fg, 35.0% 3fg (1.2 per), 85.4%ft (6.2 per).

He shoots a high percentage from the floor. Gets to the line. Defends the other teams best player. Puts up 20.

I mean, his last year in Chicago he was HAM (27 y/o):

23.9ppg, 6.2rpg, 5.5apg, 1.9spg, 0.4bpg, 2.1tpg, 37.0mpg, 45.5%fg, 36.7% 3fg (1.2 per), 86.5%ft (7.7 per).

The only negative is he isn't an ELITE three point shooter...but it's not like the guy can't hit 'em. I see him getting better at the long ball over the next year or two, as he puts less pressure on his body by not taking as many hits.

We're usually a bit more cautious than Thibs on the minuter per game front, but I'm still expecting a minimum of 22/5/4 on decent %'s next season.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#177 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:14 am

So uh, is there going to be a press conference or what? This is only one of the biggest free agent acquisitions in team history.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,834

Post#178 » by Wiltside » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:54 am

kobewade11 wrote:So uh, is there going to be a press conference or what? This is only one of the biggest free agent acquisitions in team history.

I dunno kobewade, do you remember Luol Deng? :laugh:
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Kobewade11
General Manager

Post#179 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:38 am

So there’s really no press conference?
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,965

Post#180 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 am

kobewade11 wrote:So there’s really no press conference?
heat trying to be low key just to not over excite the fans with this signing.good on the heat for this,we all must keep our expectations on check.otherwise,the fanbase will need a dose of lithium or prozac if the heat doesnt meet the expectations

Return to Miami Heat