ImageImageImageImageImage

Summer League Thread // Schedule Released: Zion vs RJ July 5th

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: Summer League Thread // Schedule Released: Zion vs RJ July 5th 

Post#1181 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:42 am

stuporman wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
stuporman wrote:The fact that anyone is taking Mitch's SL fouls in any way, shape or form seriously is the highest order of roflication evar!

:rofl:

you can enjoy bad habits from players. but i prefer better play

:nod:

You just don't get it, he wasn't taking the foul limit seriously, pretty much mocking it. Even the defensive goaltends, too, he was going full honeybadger.

Then he cleaned it up in the latter games, he's no dummy, so sly and fly.

I thought it was so funny and it will have no effect on his play this season. :lol:

I get one or two, or a big one against Zion. But he was consistently doing dumb ****.

He's just my favorite Knick, the first guy with rooting for in decades. So I want him to be a hall of famer
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,606

Post#1182 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:00 am

br7knicks wrote:
stuporman wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
you can enjoy bad habits from players. but i prefer better play

:nod:

You just don't get it, he wasn't taking the foul limit seriously, pretty much mocking it. Even the defensive goaltends, too, he was going full honeybadger.

I thought it was so funny and it will have no effect on his play this season. :lol:

I get one or two, or a big one against Zion. But he was consistently doing dumb ****.

He's just my favorite Knick, the first guy with rooting for in decades. So I want him to be a hall of famer

Well, maybe you can whine about a few fouls all summer long, will that make you feel better?

:lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#1183 » by Oscirus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 am

Grats big mitch. Is that another accomplishment we can hang in the rafters?
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#1184 » by drekwins » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:41 am

br7knicks wrote:
drekwins wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Harris is a much better defender than Harrington ever was. Harris came in as a defensive player. Not so much anymore, tho

Exactly. He's a much better shooter and defender. That's why he's the ceiling of who Knox can become.

well that's confusing.

knox won't become the defender harris came in as. harris, as a rookie, is better than knox will ever be defensively.

i just don't see the comparison. i get it from a positional standpoint - too slow for SF, but not strong enough for PF, so the hope is that he will outplay the guy guarding him. but i don't think knox will ever be anywhere what harris will be, and that's thinking optimistically.

Many said that Kawhi couldn't be the shooter he is today. He came into the league labeled as a BAD shooter. He had about a 1% chance of developing to what he has become. Knox has few limitations from a pure measurements and athleticism standpoint. Mentally, that's a whole different story. Still, defense can be developed. Tobias isn't prime Dikembe Mutombo, David Robinson or even Draymond Green.

Of course, I don't expect Knox to hit his ceiling... very few players do (even the greats). That's why it's a ceiling. If we're looking at a bell curve, the very top would be Tobias Harris, the very bottom would be someone out of the league who never made it. Smack dab in the middle at the 50th percentile would be Al Harrington.
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,116

Post#1185 » by drekwins » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:43 am

br7knicks wrote:
ElBichote wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:
All the kids nowadays want to be James Harden and don't get it's a bad shot and he's the only one on the planet who makes that on a good clip.

This. So many of Knox's shots are "superstar" shots, fade-away deep jumpers that only the league's best off-the-dribble shooters should take--Curry, Durant, Harden (that's about it).

He has role player talent which is not a bad thing. Incredible length, decent handles, and a fundamentally sound jumpshot.

I get that the Knicks were in full tank mode last season, and letting Knox do what he wanted to on the offensive end contributed to that cause. The coaching staff has to reinvent his game this year... he won't last in the league if he doesn't learn how to play off the ball.

yeah, but a good coach would rope an idiot like that in. knox played like a complete idiot last season.

in SL, he showed signs of improvement. but he also showed some of those step-back jumper idiocies. it's on the coach to do something about it. the SL coach sat knox, barrett, and iggy for playing like idiots. he should take over for Fiz.

Coudn't agree more. It's on the coach to reel it in.. not reward the guy with more minutes smh
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#1186 » by br7knicks » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:35 am

stuporman wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
stuporman wrote:

Well, maybe you can whine about a few fouls all summer long, will that make you feel better?

And you can root for regression and **** basketball :thumbs up:
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,606

Post#1187 » by stuporman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm

br7knicks wrote:
stuporman wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

And you can root for regression and **** basketball :thumbs up:

So, that is a yes, you will be melodramatically whining all summer long over a few summer league games. Got it.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,760

Post#1188 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Two things I noticed about Knox's game this summer league that makes me think he's going to make a jump:
1. He looked to initiate contact with defenders to draw fouls.
2. Made some of the best passes I've ever seen him make.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#1189 » by Clyde_Style » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:20 pm

I think I just saw Zion at a McDonald's drive through wearing a hoodie and sunglasses ordering 4 Big Macs with Supersize fries
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#1190 » by Oscirus » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:53 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:Two things I noticed about Knox's game this summer league that makes me think he's going to make a jump:
1. He looked to initiate contact with defenders to draw fouls.
2. Made some of the best passes I've ever seen him make.

I also like that he played on the last day. Speaks to our 2nd year and below players that they wanted to be out there even when it ceased to be important.

Barret knox robinson possibly randle braz possibly trier possibly dsj. theres the skeleton of a good team forming
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,857

Post#1191 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:47 pm

Watching the Knicks-Wizards game on rewind. Definitely some slowness and lack of lift to Barrett's drive but skill is there, and he's fearless. He goes at a pace that almost makes it harder to defend him perhaps, but we shall see how it works in real NBA games.

Knox definitely looks like a different player in his determination. Seems to be a worker and grinder now. That's all he needs but he has to keep it going. Some really nice looks for open teammates and as he passed by Mitch, he's very barely shorter and not really less thick. In a weird way maybe the Knox II change is part of this hard work. He's maturing and wants to stake his claim. We hope because he's got a lot of ingredients. A lot.

To me RJ is your point.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#1192 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:55 pm

Holy Moses, what about that spin move by Wooten. This is some great scouting.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#1193 » by KnicksGod » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 am

Wooten built like a SF for sure but in today's game he's either a 5 or probably a 6.

I felt like Isiah gave not much credit to Barrett. I get it. RJB is definitely not an eye-popping move guy. But he knows where to go, pretty high IQ, unselfish, and he stays after it ... including on D at all times. In the end that probably matters more.

To me Barrett is likely to be better than, say, D'Arron Fox with all his quickness, flashy moments and the fact that he really came into his own -- I like him, Mecca, but using him as a handy hype comparison. But Barrett as of now is ahead of him and Barrett can work on his explosiveness and burst a little ... as much as Fox is going to become some great skill player to truly maximize his speed and natural gifts.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,959

Post#1194 » by Besart19 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:09 pm

Dennis Smith - Larry Hughes
Elfrid Payton - Charlie Ward
Kadeem Allen - Jamal Tinsley + Bonzi Wells
Frank Ntilikina - Bruce Bowen
RJ Barrett - Tracy McGrady
Kevin Knox - Antawn Jamison
Damyean Dotson - Glen Rice
Reggie Bullock - Rick Fox
Wayne Ellington - Anthony Morrow
Alonzo Trier - Lou Williams with Manu’s confidence
Marcus Morris - Rashard Lewis
Taj Gibson - PJ Brown
Bobby Portis - Anthony Mason
Julius Randle - Zach Randolph (with little LJ & EB)
Mitch Robinson - Marcus Camby
Ignas Brazdeikis - Hedo Turkoglu + Detlef Schrempf

The last spot still to be decided :)
Strength and Honour!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#1195 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:58 am

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#1196 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:52 pm

Mecca wrote:Christian Wood would be a smart pickup. Dude hoops whenever he gets burn.

Obligatory picture for each mention of CW's name:

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,567

Post#1197 » by Fat Kat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:35 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#1198 » by malik959 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:53 pm

drekwins wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
ElBichote wrote:
This. So many of Knox's shots are "superstar" shots, fade-away deep jumpers that only the league's best off-the-dribble shooters should take--Curry, Durant, Harden (that's about it).

He has role player talent which is not a bad thing. Incredible length, decent handles, and a fundamentally sound jumpshot.

I get that the Knicks were in full tank mode last season, and letting Knox do what he wanted to on the offensive end contributed to that cause. The coaching staff has to reinvent his game this year... he won't last in the league if he doesn't learn how to play off the ball.

yeah, but a good coach would rope an idiot like that in. knox played like a complete idiot last season.

in SL, he showed signs of improvement. but he also showed some of those step-back jumper idiocies. it's on the coach to do something about it. the SL coach sat knox, barrett, and iggy for playing like idiots. he should take over for Fiz.

Coudn't agree more. It's on the coach to reel it in.. not reward the guy with more minutes smh

THJ, Mud, , and Kev were given the Keys to lead the tank that's all, we all know they would never be starters on a contending team. So why complain when they looked bad? Cant say tank for Zion and pull Kev and THJ in the same sentence. This year I don't expect Kev to get the nod to start over Morris.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,871

Post#1199 » by GONYK » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:12 pm

malik959 wrote:
drekwins wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

THJ, Mud, , and Kev were given the Keys to lead the tank that's all, we all know they would never be starters on a contending team. So why complain when they looked bad? Cant say tank for Zion and pull Kev and THJ in the same sentence. This year I don't expect Kev to get the nod to start over Morris.

So what did we need a coach for at all last year?
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#1200 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:21 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Mecca wrote:Christian Wood would be a smart pickup. Dude hoops whenever he gets burn.

Obligatory picture for each mention of CW's name:

Spoiler:

Return to New York Knicks