RAPTORS / OKC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

brx
Ballboy
And1: 36

RAPTORS / OKC 

Post#1 » by brx » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:46 pm

OG (Stud Prospect), Ibaka (Expiring) and 1st for Shai (Stud Prospect) and Gallo (Expiring)

The 1st from the Raptors is used to cover the perceived talent difference between Shai and OG (which could end up being equal).
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Re: RAPTORS / OKC 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:50 pm

I don't think OKC is going to be willing to trade SGA for this type of return. Ibaka and Gallo aren't equal value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,760

Post#3 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:08 pm

Shai is MUCH more valuable than OG. Raps would need to add value, but can't see why OKC would trade Shai.
brx
Ballboy

Post#4 » by brx » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:09 pm

It really depends on how highly OKC rates OG and assuming the Raptors are not a top team, their pick becomes valuable. It also depends on SGA and his eagerness to play in OKC after coming from a large market. Gallo had better regular season numbers than Ibaka but completely disappeared in the playoffs... what would bridge the gap in your opinion for this trade to happen?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#5 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:22 pm

brx wrote:It really depends on how highly OKC rates OG and assuming the Raptors are not a top team, their pick becomes valuable. It also depends on SGA and his eagerness to play in OKC after coming from a large market. Gallo had better regular season numbers than Ibaka but completely disappeared in the playoffs... what would bridge the gap in your opinion for this trade to happen?
I'm not sure there's a reasonable offer that bridges the gap. SGA had an additional year on his rookie deal, is a legitimate two-way player, has an additional basketball skill in terms of assists, and projects to have a higher ceiling.

Gallo is an aging offensive player who doesn't rely primarily on athleticism. Ibaka is an aging defensive player whose game is reliant on athleticism.

The Raptors are probably a playoff team whether they make the trade or not but I have them as a better team after the trade so the pick is pretty meh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#6 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:23 pm

OKC didn't just trade Westbrook away to get picks and a worse off contract in Paul. They traded Westbrook away to make Shai Gilgeous-Alexander their PG of the future.

OG Anunoby is a good prospect but IMHO he isn't on Gilgeous-Alexander's level. The Gallo for Ibaka swap doesn't bridge the gap either. Again IMHO both are what they are Ibaka is the better defender but Gallo is a better offensive player. Toronto would have to include pick(s) here and I don't think OKC wants more they want a mix of solid young pieces and their picks plus cap space
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
brx
Ballboy

Post#7 » by brx » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 pm

I believe that SGA ended up in OKC as a result of circumstance similar to D'Angelo Russell. He was simply a casualty of the PG trade not Presti seeking and targeting him as the building block of the future. Also we are overating him a tad. Isn't two first round picks + OG absurd or is that more in line with trade expectations?
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#8 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:51 pm

brx wrote:I believe that SGA ended up in OKC as a result of circumstance similar to D'Angelo Russell. He was simply a casualty of the PG trade not Presti seeking and targeting him as the building block of the future. Also we are overating him a tad. Isn't two first round picks + OG absurd or is that more in line with trade expectations?

He’s not getting moved. He was the one sure thing to come out of the OKC trades. They have enough future picks. They need the high ceiling he brings.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#9 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:56 pm

I think SGA might be the only guy they aren't willing to deal.

But, what year is this first round pick?
brx
Ballboy

Post#10 » by brx » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:03 pm

2021 first round pick - Lowry / Ibaka / Gasol / Fvv all expire in 2020.

Return to Trades and Transactions