ImageImageImage

2019 Off-season Thread

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Re: 2019 Off-season Thread 

Post#1021 » by GreekAlex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:36 am

Pharaoh wrote:Prefer Pau over Noah if we're going for the veteran locker room presence.

Maybe he could help Thon, maybe not but at the minimum he's a good dude to have on the roster

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

He looked like the veteran corpses the Pistons usually sign last season.

Does it really excite you to have the “Big” version of Jose Calderon?

Using that roster spot to gamble on developing a young player sounds way more thrilling to me.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#1022 » by Pharaoh » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:44 am

GreekAlex wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Prefer Pau over Noah if we're going for the veteran locker room presence.

Maybe he could help Thon, maybe not but at the minimum he's a good dude to have on the roster

Using that roster spot to gamble on developing a young player sounds way more thrilling to me.
Do you believe that any young guy we give that spot to is going to get any reasonable amount of minutes?

If any young guy is gonna get minutes wouldn't it be Thon?

Getting Pau Gasol or someone similar doesn't excite me - not much about this team does. But I do value a veteran presence who is actually skilled as opposed to be a former athlete that now is busted cause his athleticism is gone

GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,254

Post#1023 » by GreekAlex » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:58 am

Pharaoh wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:

Do you believe that any young guy we give that spot to is going to get any reasonable amount of minutes?

If any young guy is gonna get minutes wouldn't it be Thon?

Getting Pau Gasol or someone similar doesn't excite me - not much about this team does. But I do value a veteran presence who is actually skilled as opposed to be a former athlete that now is busted cause his athleticism is gone

If the former athlete that you’re referring to is Noah, I’m completely in agreement. I specially commented previously that he is a low character guy due to the fact that he didn’t get into shape until he wanted a new contract. I think he’s a low life and wouldn’t want him anywhere near the Pistons young players.

As for a young player, no, I doubt they’d get minutes but the potential of developing someone is more exciting than having “old man Pau” rot in a suit on the end of the bench.

Has Zach Randolph retired? I’d rather have him bang with the kids in practice and bring the “grit & grind” attitude than whatever pseudo-leadership Pau has because of his age.

Pau never had a reputation for being tough or a leader when he was a young all star. Why would he offer that all of a sudden?
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1024 » by Pharaoh » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:27 am

Zach is cool with me.

The vet has to have a purpose. Could be fundamentally sound or tough as nails but as long as they bring the work ethic I'm cool with that cause no kid on a 1 year minimum deal is getting a shot.

A 2 year minimum deal with a TO on the 3rd? Yeah cool - give it to one of our SL bigs

Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,466

Post#1025 » by Canadafan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Pistons fans I've got a trade idea :D :lol: :noway: :crazy:

Our expirings of RJ+LG+Thon....
to Minny....
for....
Gorgui Dieng+Robert Covington

Dieng is paid for next two years so they get off his horrible contract. We toss in some of our 2nd rounders that nobody seems to like anyways and we get ourselves our ne starting SF! :nod: 8-)
We also save a little over a million so we'd be able to sign another PG and hand the keys to Rose and Frasier
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#1026 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:58 pm

Canadafan wrote:Pistons fans I've got a trade idea :D :lol: :noway: :crazy:

to Minny....
for....

Dieng is paid for next two years so they get off his horrible contract. We toss in some of our 2nd rounders that nobody seems to like anyways and we get ourselves our ne starting SF! :nod: 8-)
We also save a little over a million so we'd be able to sign another PG and hand the keys to Rose and Frasier

I'd have to look at what PG's are out there, but if satisfied there this is a deal I could get behind. I wonder how Minnesota would feel though - would a salary dump of Dieng be enough to move Covington for? I wouldn't include any FRP's in the deal. Dieng is overpaid, but he'd be a good back-up to Drummond.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,105

Post#1027 » by Kilo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:05 pm

^Doing my own homework - trading for Kris Dunn could be one avenue but we'd need 4M expiring outgoing and probably a SRP at least. Not sure we'd have a match there.

Jeremy Lin is still out there, as is Trey Burke or evena Shane Larkin or Shelvin Mack.

Rose|Burke|Frazier|Bone or Rose|Lin|Frazier|Bone is good enough for me. With the rest of the roster looking like -

Kennard|Brown|Mykhailiuk|Thomas
Covington|Snell|Doumbouya
Grffin|Morris
Drummond|Dieng
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#1028 » by Canadafan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:06 pm

Kilo wrote:

to Minny....
for....

I'd have to look at what PG's are out there, but if satisfied there this is a deal I could get behind. I wonder how Minnesota would feel though - would a salary dump of Dieng be enough to move Covington for? I wouldn't include any FRP's in the deal. Dieng is overpaid, but he'd be a good back-up to Drummond.

Ya I'd have to say getting Covington would be a small miracle but oh how fantastic would that be!
Minny maybe doesnt have a huge need to clear space by getting off Diengs contract though but maybe they'd bite with a few 2nd rounders. I'd even toss in a lottery protected 1st cause I think getting him would improve us hugeeee
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1029 » by jakebernat » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:08 pm

to Minny....
for....

I’ve literally posted this exact trade on this board before lol. that being said, I’d absolutely love this deal. i’d give the keys to Bruce and Luke in the backcourt and see what they could do.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#1030 » by Canadafan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:49 pm

jakebernat wrote:

to Minny....
for....

I’ve literally posted this exact trade on this board before lol. that being said, I’d absolutely love this deal. i’d give the keys to Bruce and Luke in the backcourt and see what they could do.

Lmfao I'm a thief! Guess I'm not as brilliant as I thought :wink:

Also, OKC is still a reported $3.6million over luxury tax.

We could deal for Gallinari$22.6 Roberson$10.7 Patterson$5.7
RJ for the last 2 saves them $1.6
All 3 of our expirings for Gallinari and Patterson saves them about $700k-not much.
Thon for Patterson saves them $2mil
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#1031 » by pistonsbball » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Drummond, Galloway, Snell for Batum, Monk, Kidd-Gilchrist, Hernangomez. Who says no?
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#1032 » by rmfc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:22 pm

pistonsbball wrote:Drummond, Galloway, Snell for Batum, Monk, Kidd-Gilchrist, Hernangomez. Who says no?

Pistons say no.
Why do we need all those players?
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#1033 » by rmfc » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:27 pm

jakebernat wrote:

to Minny....
for....

I like this deal as well. No more question marks @ SF for a couple of seasons, at least.

Does Dieng have 1 or 2 seasons left on his contract?
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#1034 » by DBC10 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Dwight Howard is still available...

I'm guessing he's holding off on signing on to a team until they get really desperate? Or teams just aren't interested in him, which is sad considering he still has size and bounce to contribute. Really shows you the market for non shooting centers that aren't switchable on D seems to be. Granted, he's not liked around the league for some reason, and he is older. He still almost put up a double double in limited action...?
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#1035 » by Canadafan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:59 pm

rmfc wrote:
jakebernat wrote:

to Minny....
for....

I like this deal as well. No more question marks @ SF for a couple of seasons, at least.

Does Dieng have 1 or 2 seasons left on his contract?

2 seasons
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#1036 » by tradez401 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 pm

jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#1037 » by jakebernat » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:41 pm

I know some of you guys also like watching these Rico Hines Runs in the offseason. There’s some interesting faces in this one, including Svi and Brandon Jennings. I think they’re pretty interesting as it’s a more controlled and competitive environment than the Drew League in my opinion. I remember watching Blake and Luke play in a few of these last offseason.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#1038 » by DetroitPistons » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:18 am

Oh interesting. I think DeRozan is pretty underrated these days. He isn't a good 3pt threat and I think people write him off because of that but he scored 21ppg on 48% shooting last season in a Spurs offense playing as a 2nd option. He is also a year young than Griffin too.

Snell, Galloway, Kennard, FRP for DeRozan

Jackson/Rose/Frazier
DeRozan/Thomas
Doumbouya/Mykhailiuk/Brown
Griffin/Morris/Maker
Drummond/Wood

Could try to make another big trade at the deadline with Jackson's expiring, Doumbouya, and picks
kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Post#1039 » by kpt » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:53 am

We got better. We didn’t make a champion dynasty but we got better. Adding Snell, Rose, Morris Doumbouya, Bone, Wood, Frazier beats Zaza, Calderon, Ellington, Smith, Robinson, Leur. And it’s not even close. And Snell is the worst contract which is bad but not horrid. We got better, got younger, and didn’t sacrifice the future with very minimal money to spend. No WOW factor but All in all a good off season.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#1040 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:04 am

DetroitPistons wrote:

Oh interesting. I think DeRozan is pretty underrated these days. He isn't a good 3pt threat and I think people write him off because of that but he scored 21ppg on 48% shooting last season in a Spurs offense playing as a 2nd option. He is also a year young than Griffin too.

Snell, Galloway, Kennard, FRP for DeRozan

Jackson/Rose/Frazier
DeRozan/Thomas
Doumbouya/Mykhailiuk/Brown
Griffin/Morris/Maker
Drummond/Wood

Could try to make another big trade at the deadline with Jackson's expiring, Doumbouya, and picks
Prefer to give them Reggie, Galloway, Thon and a lotto protected pick.

I wouldn't give up any young talent for what could be a 1 year rental.

Return to Detroit Pistons