Will Barton is in his prime and all the good Nugs Trades

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Will Barton is in his prime and all the good Nugs Trades 

Post#1 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Holding will Barton back suck. Post some trades for Millsap, GARY HARRIS and I guess Malik Beasley and Hernangomez Trades?

I’m not saying Will Barton is un tradeable. He might have to be. Because of the salary matching But you’ll have to pay big for him.

•d’Angelo to the Magic
-Gary Harris and Fournier —> Warriors
- Gordon —> Nugs

•d’Angelo to the Wolves with Millsap
-Gary Harris and Covington —> GS
- Wiggins, Layman, Okogie or nowell and picks -> Nugs

*** it starts there w Russell. Curry will get the **** beat out of him and won’t last till Klay gets back with this backcourt they have right now. These are the 2 perfect packages and the 2 perfect teams to want Russell bad. One has to happen

I’ve got some more great trades
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Re: Will Barton is in his prime and all the good Nugs Trades 

Post#2 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Chris Paul Trades

Wolves: Cp3 and Killsap

Thunder: Teague, dieng

Nugs: Wiggins, Layman, Okogie or nowell, picks

Magic: Paul, Gary Harris

Thunder: mozhof, and Millsap

Nugs; Gordon, Fournier
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Bogdan the Nugs #1target Bogdanovic Trades.

Nugs want Bogdan about like clippers wanted Paul George

3 unprotected 1sts and some pick swaps for Bogdan and Bjelica ?
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#4 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 pm

All rappers of the past pictured a guy in the future to inspire themselves ie. It’s Will Barton. He’s a monster and he’s in his prime
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#5 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:21 pm

Damn, i'd hate you as our GM.

The only trades i want to see is a Barton dump and Murray for a better scorer/player.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Alatan wrote:Damn, i'd hate you as our GM.

You didn’t like the idea of the future pick for Brandon Clarke right?
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:29 pm

Coeur wrote:

Honestly i dont like any of your trade ideas. Most of the players you want to trade for are overhyped inefficient scorers that suck at everything else and have big contracts. Sure we could use more scoring but only because Murray is unreliable. Instead of stacking our team with overpaid one dimensional scorers we should do the obvious thing and find a better scorer than Murray. If its not possible then just wait and see what we have with our young guys. Maybe even Murray makes a jump.

Also, i dont know why you want to trade Harris. Sure he had a down year but its because he was injured. When healthy he has an incredible synergy with Jokic on both sides of the floor. If i had to chose id rather keep Harris than Murray on our roster.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Coeur » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:26 pm

Alatan wrote:
Coeur wrote:

If i had to chose id rather keep Harris than Murray on our roster.

Nails on chalkboard. Kills your stance on the rest of yours?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,281

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm not sure what is happening here. Barton is overpaid and bad. Outside of the Wall/Paul/Westbrook/Wiggins group, he is one of the worst contracts in the league (certainly one of the 20 worst). If he can get back to what he was the year before, he'd still be overpaid, but at least useful as a microwave scorer off the bench.

I think the second trade is an overpay by Denver, but I don't mind the first.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I'm not sure what is happening here. Barton is overpaid and bad. Outside of the Wall/Paul/Westbrook/Wiggins group, he is one of the worst contracts in the league (certainly one of the 20 worst). If he can get back to what he was the year before, he'd still be overpaid, but at least useful as a microwave scorer off the bench.

Barton is nowhere close to top 20 worst contracts in the league. He is overpaid by maybe 5-6 million per. Maybe, probably less. Thats easily movable even for a minor asset to a team that is capped out and needs a scorer from the bench. You have no idea what you are talking about.
Alatan
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Coeur wrote:
Alatan wrote:
Coeur wrote:You didn’t like the idea of the future pick for Brandon Clarke right?

If i had to chose id rather keep Harris than Murray on our roster.

Nails on chalkboard. Kills your stance on the rest of yours?

Im not sure what are you asking.
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,308

Post#12 » by Kurt Heimlich » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 pm

Wow dude this post is absolutely scatter brained. You might want to chill with whatever you're on.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,089

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:45 pm

Alatan wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I'm not sure what is happening here. Barton is overpaid and bad. Outside of the Wall/Paul/Westbrook/Wiggins group, he is one of the worst contracts in the league (certainly one of the 20 worst). If he can get back to what he was the year before, he'd still be overpaid, but at least useful as a microwave scorer off the bench.

Barton is nowhere close to top 20 worst contracts in the league. He is overpaid by maybe 5-6 million per. Maybe, probably less. Thats easily movable even for a minor asset to a team that is capped out and needs a scorer from the bench. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not saying that Barton can't rehab his value after what was, objectively speaking, a poor season. But the idea that journeymen players are easily moved when they're under contract for multiple years, and things have started heading south, isn't one that has a lot of support in recent history. Fans of every team tell themselves this.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,281

Post#14 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Alatan wrote:

He's a long term contract, and appears to be regressing. There aren't all that many players overpaid by 5-6 million per year over the course of a long-term deal.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#15 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:02 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Alatan wrote:

He's a long term contract, and appears to be regressing. There aren't all that many players overpaid by 5-6 million per year over the course of a long-term deal.

His deal would take a late first to move into space. But combined with other players in a deal for salary back you just adjust that a bit. Hence why I have Gallo for Barton, Plumlee deals as more than a 1st
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#16 » by youngthegiant » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 am

Denver has no reason to trade Barton right now. Coming off a major injury, Barton could see his value increase this season and you could potentially get back an asset for him.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#17 » by pacers33granger » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:12 am

youngthegiant wrote:Denver has no reason to trade Barton right now. Coming off a major injury, Barton could see his value increase this season and you could potentially get back an asset for him.

I think it will take a pretty big upswing for him to return an asset as no team could be sure they won't be getting last year's Barton or not. But Denver really has no reason to move him. He's not actively hurting them on the court or the books so if it costs assets to move it's largely pointless.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:35 am

pacers33granger wrote:
youngthegiant wrote:Denver has no reason to trade Barton right now. Coming off a major injury, Barton could see his value increase this season and you could potentially get back an asset for him.

I think it will take a pretty big upswing for him to return an asset as no team could be sure they won't be getting last year's Barton or not. But Denver really has no reason to move him. He's not actively hurting them on the court or the books so if it costs assets to move it's largely pointless.

Yeah that’s such a down the road issue that he won’t be “dumped”

The key is maximizing the Millsap salary slot through trade
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,052

Post#19 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:56 am

Coeur wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

Milsap, MPJR, Beasley, Bol, 2023 1st, 2025 1st for Beal, Mahinmi
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Coeur » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:13 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
Coeur wrote:
pacers33granger wrote:

Milsap, MPJR, Beasley, Bol, 2023 1st, 2025 1st for Beal, Mahinmi
someone else should overpay for Beal

Nugs aren’t getting enough value for mpj beasley or bol. They all will increase in value and are worth more right now to Nugs in trade.

Return to Trades and Transactions