Off Season Trades

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Re: Off Season Trades 

Post#61 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Gallinari for Bazemore and Anfernee Simmons? Portland could feel the pressure to improve the roster around Lillard and not what for a prospect to develop. I’m sure the trade wouldn’t fly on the T&T board but it makes sense from Portland’s standpoint. I could see them missing the playoffs next year. I’m not a fan of their off season moves.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#62 » by Kizz Fastfists » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Gallinari for Bazemore and Anfernee Simmons?

I want Portland to throw in Skal and their 2020 1st. The first can be top 10 protected and becomes a pair of 2nds, 2022 and 2024, if it doesn't convey. They already traded their 2020, 2021 and 2023 second round picks is the reason for '22 and '24. Upgrading from Bazemore to Gallinari gives them a very good chance of at least making it back to the 2nd round this year and a coin flip for the WCF.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

I want Portland to throw in Skal and their 2020 1st. The first can be top 10 protected and becomes a pair of 2nds, 2022 and 2024, if it doesn't convey. They already traded their 2020, 2021 and 2023 second round picks is the reason for '22 and '24. Upgrading from Bazemore to Gallinari gives them a very good chance of at least making it back to the 2nd round this year and a coin flip for the WCF.

Gallinari has frp value and so does Simmons, and maybe more. Gallinari isn’t under contract after this year so I don’t expect him to get this kind of value.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#64 » by spearsy23 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

Maybe they'll throw in cj too...
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,150

Post#65 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:25 am

I hope you guys trade with Toronto for a Ibaka and a pick package somehow
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:48 am

YogurtProducer wrote:I hope you guys trade with Toronto for a Ibaka and a pick package somehow

I saw the trade thread on the Toronto board. A second round pick for Gallo won’t cut it. He’s a a borderline in the east. Yes he’s injury prone but he played more games than Kawhi the last two years. Give a frp and he’s yours, in my opinion.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#67 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:32 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:I hope you guys trade with Toronto for a Ibaka and a pick package somehow

I don't think the Thunder are giving up picks to get Ibaka. But, we will send you something for Ibaka and picks. Sure.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#68 » by Balkman32 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:36 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

I saw the trade thread on the Toronto board. A second round pick for Gallo won’t cut it. He’s a a borderline in the east. Yes he’s injury prone but he played more games than Kawhi the last two years. Give a frp and he’s yours, in my opinion.

Would need a first for Gallo. But, as the season goes on he could be worth a first and a young prospect.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#69 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Balkman32 wrote:

I don't think the Thunder are giving up picks to get Ibaka. But, we will send you something for Ibaka and picks. Sure.

Yes that’s what I said
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#70 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:38 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:

Yes that’s what I said

What would Toronto want though? Gallo/Adams/Paul are the only players really on your timeline. Gallo is a rental, Paul is too expensive, and I don't know that ibaka/pick is enough for us to part with Steven. It's Toronto willing to attach multiple picks for Adams? That seems like an overpay.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#71 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:42 am

spearsy23 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:

Yes that’s what I said

What would Toronto want though? Gallo/Adams/Paul are the only players really on your timeline. Gallo is a rental, Paul is too expensive, and I don't know that ibaka/pick is enough for us to part with Steven. It's Toronto willing to attach multiple picks for Adams? That seems like an overpay.

Gallo would be our only interest as we lack scoring and a SF/PF
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#72 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Yes that’s what I said

Gallo would be our only interest as we lack scoring and a SF/PF

Ibaka/pick for Gallo I'd do pretty readily, but that seems odd for Toronto. How much better do you really get?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:47 am

Portland makes a lot of sense for a destination for Gallo. I was surprised that a some of their fans didn’t have much interest in him. One person said Bazemore for Gallo is all they would do. I would think their FO is smarter than some of their fans.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by Balkman32 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:39 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Portland makes a lot of sense for a destination for Gallo. I was surprised that a some of their fans didn’t have much interest in him. One person said Bazemore for Gallo is all they would do. I would think their FO is smarter than some of their fans.

Yeah wait till they start going through the season and Gallo smokes them for 30 points. The Thunder have no interest in swapping Bazemore for Gallo.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#75 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:11 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Yeah wait till they start going through the season and Gallo smokes them for 30 points. The Thunder have no interest in swapping Bazemore for Gallo.

Why not? Baze and picks for Gallo is exactly the type of deal OKC is looking to make. The key being the picks. They don't care who the contract match is. I find it hard to believe they will get an offer for a high quality rookie scale player for Gallo so picks are the currency they are seeking. Portland owns all their first round picks, is coming off a WCF appearance and is likely to be a team looking to make more win now type moves.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:Yeah wait till they start going through the season and Gallo smokes them for 30 points. The Thunder have no interest in swapping Bazemore for Gallo.

Why not? Baze and picks for Gallo is exactly the type of deal OKC is looking to make. The key being the picks. They don't care who the contract match is. I find it hard to believe they will get an offer for a high quality rookie scale player for Gallo so picks are the currency they are seeking. Portland owns all their first round picks, is coming off a WCF appearance and is likely to be a team looking to make more win now type moves.

The portland fans were saying Bazemore for Gallianri. Period. No picks. That's the issue.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:32 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:The portland fans were saying Bazemore for Gallianri. Period. No picks. That's the issue.

Just like Miami fans thought they were getting Russ for their bad contracts with no picks or prospects. Stupid fans say stupid things.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 pm

Read on Twitter
spearsy23
RealGM

Post#79 » by spearsy23 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:39 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was his workout extra fries and a milkshake for dinner every night?
Mattv
Junior
And1: 33

Post#80 » by Mattv » Sat Aug 3, 2019 10:51 pm

Hawks

Steven Adams Abdel Nader

Bulls get
Chris Paull

Thunder get
ChandlerParsons OttoPorter Jr. Cristiano Felicio Bruno Fernando Daniel Gafford

1st round pick from Hawks.