Rockets-Cavs-Celtics-Wolves

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Rockets-Cavs-Celtics-Wolves 

Post#1 » by Mykhyn » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Rockets out: Gordon + Capela + 2022 1st
Rockets in: Love + Osman + Okogie

Cavs out: Love + Osman + Henson
Cavs in: Wiggins + Culver + 2022 Rockets 1st(unprotected) + Bucks 2020 1st

Celtics out: Smart + Bucks 2020 1st
Celtics in: Capela

Wolves out: Wiggins + Culver + Okogie
Wolves in: Eric Gordon + Smart + Henson

Rockets- Westbrook-Harden-Tucker- Osman-Love is a pretty good lineup. Plus Love and Westbrook are homies.

Cavs commit to the rebuild and get value for Love by taking a bad contract in Wiggins(maybe they can rehab him). This also cuts about 8mil off their cap immediately giving them some breathing room from the luxury tax

Celtics have their new core Kemba-Jaylen-Hayward-Tatum-Capela. Becomes a pretty complete team and they retain the memphis pick to add another potential game changer

Wolves get out of Wiggins contract and stay competitive.

Teague/Smart
Gordon/Graham
Covington/KBD
Dieng/Bell/Vonleh
Towns/Bell

Who says no?
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,764

Re: Rockets-Cavs-Celtics-Wolves 

Post#2 » by Slim Tubby » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Wolves say no pretty quickly but I'm not saying your value is off that much. That would completely diminish our Wing depth on the roster and as bad as Wiggins' contract is, I wouldn't move Culver as the cost of doing business to rid myself of Standrew. It's a very interesting proposal, though.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,125

Post#3 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:57 pm

I'd pass. Culver is intriguing but the inclusion of Cedi and Wiggins inability to play SF kills this for the Cavs. We'd have no true PF or SF on the roster after this. None. We'd go from Cedi being our only capable wing defender to Culver (hopefully) being our only wing capable of playing defense. I'm not saying Cedi and Culver have equal trade value, but there's a chance they have pretty similar career trajectories and ceilings.

While the value is better than most Love trades posted here, the fit is just counterproductive. We'll have drafted four guards in the first round over the last two years and this has us trading for two more. We open up two holes in the starting rotation. Wiggins wouldn't be gifted playing time and who knows how he adjusts to a sixth man role.

At the end of the day, I guess this trade says to me that the Cavs are going to be really, really bad for multiple seasons. That may be the case anyway, but I'm not there yet. I'm also worried this is a leverage-yourself trade where a team with five young guards ends up selling one of them cheap down the road because there's not enough PT to go around.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#4 » by Revenged25 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:57 pm

Pretty sure the Cavs say No.
To move Wiggins it would probably cost Culver alone. Then you add in that the Cavs are losing Love, Osman, and Henson for 2 1sts that are likely to be late 1sts. That's just the value aspect.
Then you add in the fit. The Cavs already have a crap ton of guards and adding 2 more guards doesn't make any sense. The Cavs passed on Culver for Garland already, why take on Culver which would limit the minutes of Sexton or Garland, let alone KPJ they drafted later on as well.
So just not an overall appealing trade for the Cavs.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#5 » by red96 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:16 pm

I don't think the overall value is terrible for Houston, but I think that Rockets frontcourt gets eaten alive by the Lakers, and any other team with good bigs. Im not too familiar with Osman and Okogie's games, but if neither of them are defensive stalwarts, that Rockets team would struggle to defend on the perimeter and in the paint. Any team depending on Love to anchor their defense are fools. They'd be abused in the paint every game, and utterly destroyed in the 30 games that Love will miss. Not a deal the Rockets should consider.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,791

Post#6 » by JJ_PR » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:50 pm

I'd be all over this if I was Cleveland.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,979

Post#7 » by wolves_89 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 pm

I have no interest including Culver in a Wiggins trade. At this point it makes a lot more sense to let the season play out for the Wolves. I really want to see how Wiggins responds to Ryan Saunders as coach and also see how Culver and Okogie develop.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,566

Post#8 » by shrink » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 pm

I appreciate that the Wolves have a trade here that isn’t trying to foist some elderly star on us, but “moving Wiggins” and “staying competitive” do not seem to be the Wolves priorities this season:

Read on Twitter

FWIW, Teague, Shabazz Napier and Covington are the other Wolves.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
letsgorockets
Rookie
And1: 595

Post#9 » by letsgorockets » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:25 am

No thanks to Kevin Love, we need more switchy defensive wings, and guys who bring energy and rebounding. Iggy would be preferable, Sefolosha for the minimum maybe. Wouldn't mind bringing back Faried if he'd come back. I don't think offensive production will be Houston's problem defense will, and Love doesn't help that.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#10 » by Crives » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:03 am

I think Smart is more valuable then Capela.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:30 am

Rockets pass valuing Capela and Gordy more than incoming, Wolves pass because despite being overpaid they are better off with Wiggins than giving up the guy they drafted to replace him to move on.
Cavs get decent value but not the right position players...pass.
not sure why Celtics would do this either
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to Trades and Transactions