Opening Night / Christmas wishlist.

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Opening Night / Christmas wishlist. 

Post#1 » by stormi » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:32 pm

Who do you guys want to see us play?

This is something I've been thinking about for a while now. I really wanted a Toronto rematch in one of those slots, but with Kawhi being gone it's less interesting. Milwaukee will probably be forced, but that's not really a marquee matchup in my eyes in terms of entertainment. Boston is still Boston. but wow have they downgraded. Nets are also an option, but they've undergone big changes as well, along with Dudley being gone.

I wouldn't mind: Nets or Boston on opening night, and for a kicker. Utah on Christmas.

I think it's an underrated rivalry and I despise everything to do with their team including their fans and their cry baby "I don't care about the ROTY but I'll passively aggressively jab and it every single day" star player Donovan Mitchell.

That's me though, what would you guys be interested?

More games game ideas around the league are welcome too.

Clippers / Lakers opening night. Duh.
Nets / Boston for one of ON or Christmas. Kyrie's return.
Houston / Clippers Christmas. Russ vs PG showdown.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Opening Night / Christmas wishlist. 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:45 pm

Why aren't the Bucks are marquee matchup in your eyes? They're considered the best team in the East right now and feature the reigning MVP. Of course I want to see that.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#3 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:53 pm

Don’t really have an interest in validating Mitchell’s whining by turning it into an actual rivalry...

I think there’s pretty decent odds that us or the Bucks open the season in Toronto for ring night. Otherwise we’re probably not getting an opening night game (other game will be west coast). Unless of course they just decide to screw Canada and break tradition of having ring night on opening night.

Christmas (which has all been confirmed to be at home) will be interesting. I feel like the Knicks are still gonna get a game because they’re the Knicks. That could be us, might be Knicks/Nets though. Otherwise I hope we get the Bucks.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#4 » by Arsenal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Bucks, Celtics, Raptors, Nets, Lakers, Clippers, or Rockets.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 942

Post#5 » by Tony Franciosa » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm

it won't be in Philly because of the stupid Disney on Ice thing they do every year, so I'm hoping for the Nets or Knicks so I can go.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#6 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:37 pm

Tony Franciosa wrote:it won't be in Philly because of the stupid Disney on Ice thing they do every year, so I'm hoping for the Nets or Knicks so I can go.

Disney on ice got pushed back this year, presumably to allow us to finally host a Christmas game
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#7 » by stormi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:29 am

youngcrev wrote:Why aren't the Bucks are marquee matchup in your eyes? They're considered the best team in the East right now and feature the reigning MVP. Of course I want to see that.

Something about them bores me
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,792

Post#8 » by XtremeDunkz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:30 am

Sixerscan wrote:Don’t really have an interest in validating Mitchell’s whining by turning it into an actual rivalry...

I think there’s pretty decent odds that us or the Bucks open the season in Toronto for ring night. Otherwise we’re probably not getting an opening night game (other game will be west coast). Unless of course they just decide to screw Canada and break tradition of having ring night on opening night.

Christmas (which has all been confirmed to be at home) will be interesting. I feel like the Knicks are still gonna get a game because they’re the Knicks. That could be us, might be Knicks/Nets though. Otherwise I hope we get the Bucks.

I hope opening night is Raptors Clippers so Kawhi can get his ring and ovation.
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#9 » by ProcessDoctor » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:36 am

Milwaukee opening night and the Rockets Christmas Day.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#10 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:54 pm

Miami Heat on Christmas.

So we can see Jimmy Maggette and his merry band of misfits attempt to score 80 points on us.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,419

Post#11 » by 76ciology » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Lakers vs Sixers on Christmas.

They are the toughest match-up for me. They can also play big. While the Lebron vs Ben and Biid vs AD is very marketable.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#12 » by fl311 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 pm

I would guess Sixers/Bucks, Celtics/Raptors, Knicks/Nets, LA/LA, Rockets/GSW are Christmas games. Could also see a combo of Portland/Utah/Denver.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#13 » by 76ciology » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 pm

fl311 wrote:I would guess Sixers/Bucks, Celtics/Raptors, Knicks/Nets, LA/LA, Rockets/GSW are Christmas games. Could also see a combo of Portland/Utah/Denver.

Who get’s homecourt advantage of La vs La?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
fl311
Senior
And1: 1,182

Post#14 » by fl311 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:09 pm

76ciology wrote:
fl311 wrote:I would guess Sixers/Bucks, Celtics/Raptors, Knicks/Nets, LA/LA, Rockets/GSW are Christmas games. Could also see a combo of Portland/Utah/Denver.

I'm thinking LA
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#15 » by Arsenal » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:46 pm

fl311 wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I'm thinking LA

Every LA/LA game is homecourt for Lakers.
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#16 » by Sixersftw » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 pm

Bucks/Raptors is what I'm thinking.
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 942

Post#17 » by Tony Franciosa » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Tony Franciosa wrote:it won't be in Philly because of the stupid Disney on Ice thing they do every year, so I'm hoping for the Nets or Knicks so I can go.

Disney on ice got pushed back this year, presumably to allow us to finally host a Christmas game

BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#18 » by BullyKing » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:37 pm

Tony Franciosa wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

It's pretty much an automatic AND1 from me anytime someone use that gif
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#19 » by Sixerscan » Thu Aug 1, 2019 4:28 pm

Read on Twitter

The last few years this has been the slot where they get the Knicks out of the way...
76ciology
RealGM

Post#20 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:32 am

Already announced right? Sixers vs Bucks

Return to Philadelphia 76ers