ImageImage

Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,908

Re: Woj: Malcolm Brogdon S&T to Pacers for Picks (NO TPE) 

Post#1201 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Gotta say personally I love LOB. Easily my favorite podcast to listen. Eric can be a little arrogant at times but I think his takes are usually well reasoned and thought out. Frank is absolutely fantastic to listen too, my favorite Bucks twitter/podcast person. I do wish Nehm or Velasquez would break some news from time to time though

Why? Like who cares? I've read similar criticisms a number of times over the years about the local guys who cover our team. You realize there are just a handful of humans across the three major sports in this country who actually "break" news, right?

Maybe breaking news isn't the best way to word it. Rather I wish they could give legitimate insight and find out the specifics on details(ex, what 2nd round picks did we get, what is the guarantee on Hill's 3rd year). Someone National might not care about those small details but someone local should try and find out. Haudricourt is a great example for the Brewers, Velasquez always seems to be able to confirm stories, but let's see him actually find something out, even if it's small.

We're all spoiled. There was a time when I would suffer through most of the 10 o'clock news on a crappy over the air feed just to get the fu---ing score. Now get off my lawn!
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,460

Post#1202 » by Matches Malone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:05 pm

bizarro wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:To this day what puts me off the most about LOB is when Nehm says the word "interesting", which seems to be by far his most used word. Dude, it's a non-word that means exactly nothing, which is perfectly fine for everyone else, but if you want to make a living out of talking you gotta say something more meaningful than that.

Other than that I appreciate every effort to cover the Bucks, there's so little out there that I'm not going to complain about people having different opinions than me or sounding a bit arrogant at times. It is what it is.

interesting.

I’ll raise your ‘interesting’ with a Frank Maedden “And, again...”

Followed by a long-winded explanation without taking a breath. haha but I do love the Madden.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#1203 » by kid idioteque » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:59 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:To this day what puts me off the most about LOB is when Nehm says the word "interesting", which seems to be by far his most used word. Dude, it's a non-word that means exactly nothing, which is perfectly fine for everyone else, but if you want to make a living out of talking you gotta say something more meaningful than that.

Other than that I appreciate every effort to cover the Bucks, there's so little out there that I'm not going to complain about people having different opinions than me or sounding a bit arrogant at times. It is what it is.

Also, the way he introduces the podcast is nails-on-a-chalkboard.

"Welcome... to... luuucked... onnnnn... buckssssss."

Just the worst.

Also, they still use that horrible "own the future" rock song lmao.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1204 » by crkone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:15 pm

kid idioteque wrote:

Just the worst.

Yeah I listed to like 10 seconds of that **** and have been skipping ever since to just after introductions.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1205 » by bizarro » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
bizarro wrote:
tski1972 wrote:
interesting.

I’ll raise your ‘interesting’ with a Frank Maedden “And, again...”

Followed by a long-winded explanation without taking a breath. haha but I do love the Madden.

Absolutely. His solo pods rock. He just has a speaking habit. We all do. Like, I say ‘f###’ a lot. Often with no context.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#1206 » by bizarro » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:19 pm

kid idioteque wrote:

Just the worst.

Not to be a douche, and again, but technically it’s “Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww-ulcommme to Locked on Bucks’.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,565

Post#1207 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 pm

Jesus, this topic delved into....something. I guess some people want to listen to a monotone voice with no opinions on anything listing off analytic and box score data from an Excel spreadsheet for an hour long podcast. To each their own.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1208 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:44 pm

kid idioteque wrote:

Just the worst.

Chill man, I believe a fellow RealGMer made that song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#1209 » by trwi7 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:55 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
kid idioteque wrote:

Just the worst.

So?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#1210 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:57 pm

trwi7 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:
kid idioteque wrote:

Just the worst.

So?

Just showing some respect to GuitarGodDan (I think that’s his name).

#FreeChuckDiesel
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,045

Post#1211 » by MVP2110 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:43 pm

I love that song tbh.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#1212 » by kid idioteque » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:46 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:
kid idioteque wrote:

Just the worst.

That doesn't make it not bad.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#1213 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Let's get back on topic. Thx
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#1214 » by jmart762 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 pm

Win in Six podcast, people.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,721

Post#1215 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:26 pm

Read on Twitter
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#1216 » by DavidDunn21 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:15 pm

jmart762 wrote:Win in Six podcast, people.

In regards to Malcolm? Yes.

Very passionate

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#1217 » by jmart762 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:35 am

Just in general. People complain about LOB (I've stopped reading unless I'm really craving Bucks content and I've exhausted everything else) so I want them to know about an alternative.
DavidDunn21 wrote:
jmart762 wrote:Win in Six podcast, people.

In regards to Malcolm? Yes.

Very passionate

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#1218 » by 8305 » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:47 pm

To summarize, everyone is pretty skeptical about Brogdan's ability as a pg. Tell me if makes things any better. I think the expectation will be to give George Hill type play. Once Vic returns we will have a ball dominate wing much like you guys with Giannis. George Hill manned the pg spot for us for four years. He brought the ball up the floor, ran some pick and roll, spotted up for three's and occasionally took the ball to the basket. Otherwise his task was to fit into an offense where the goal was to share the ball. How does Brogdan fit into that job description? You guys have seen both Hill and Brogdan. Would seem like you should have a pretty good feel for this.
bizarro
RealGM

Post#1219 » by bizarro » Sat Aug 3, 2019 8:16 pm

8305 wrote:To summarize, everyone is pretty skeptical about Brogdan's ability as a pg. Tell me if makes things any better. I think the expectation will be to give George Hill type play. Once Vic returns we will have a ball dominate wing much like you guys with Giannis. George Hill manned the pg spot for us for four years. He brought the ball up the floor, ran some pick and roll, spotted up for three's and occasionally took the ball to the basket. Otherwise his task was to fit into an offense where the goal was to share the ball. How does Brogdan fit into that job description? You guys have seen both Hill and Brogdan. Would seem like you should have a pretty good feel for this.

The issue is and will be - until proven otherwise - Brogdon is not a PG. He can handle stretches of ballhandling in a movement oriented offense - ie bringing the ball up the floor as the pseudo ‘initiator’ - BUT he is extremely limited in any other capacity. He is smart, big, and talented. BUT, this sudden notion that he’s an NBA PG is kind of crazy. His role on the Bucks - one he was very good at - was nothing near George Hill’s role if you look at it. Brog Dog was entirely an off-ball player but for those few moments when he was the aforementioned ‘initiator’. His entire game was off-ball. Look at the metrics: literally his entire 3 point shot relies on over 6’ of distance from his defender. AND, he relied on that distance and slow load to attack the basket. He needed Giannis to gather gravity and defenders to rush out to his wide open space to shoot...To attack the basket. He was the third slasher behind Giannis and Bled. He’s an off ball player to the core. Couple this with the fact he is best suited guarding 2’s and 3’s - like he really struggles fighting over high screens from bigs - and Indiana is in for some sobriety.

This being said, they’ll adapt. Malcolm is smart. He’s a good player. He can be highly efficient given a proper role and the gravity of a superstar. But, there is definitely going to be a growing phase to find out how this all works pre-Oladipo. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see lots od minutes with TJ as the 1 and Malcolm slipping to the 2.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1220 » by soxperry » Sat Aug 3, 2019 8:17 pm

8305 wrote:To summarize, everyone is pretty skeptical about Brogdan's ability as a pg. Tell me if makes things any better. I think the expectation will be to give George Hill type play. Once Vic returns we will have a ball dominate wing much like you guys with Giannis. George Hill manned the pg spot for us for four years. He brought the ball up the floor, ran some pick and roll, spotted up for three's and occasionally took the ball to the basket. Otherwise his task was to fit into an offense where the goal was to share the ball. How does Brogdan fit into that job description? You guys have seen both Hill and Brogdan. Would seem like you should have a pretty good feel for this.

Brogdon does a few things very well (catch and shoot 3s, free throws, layups), but is very average in basically every other category. Im sure he can be effective if your coach plays to his strengths.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks