ImageImageImage

538 projects 76ers as most likely NBA Champ

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Re: 538 projects 76ers as most likely NBA Champ 

Post#21 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 pm

Nah, this Pacers supporting cast is significantly better and more productive than last year's squad.

Lamb and Warren are more productive than people realize.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#22 » by the_process » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:37 pm

I like what the Pacers did, but they’re a clear 3rd in the East IMO.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#23 » by Sixerscan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Feel like that 39 win total probably assumes that Oladipo is missing a large chunk of the season. They were under .500 against a pretty easy schedule after Oladipo went down.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,667

Post#24 » by rzzzzz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:14 pm

what can't be factored in: Will Biid get himself into shape and stay on some kind of anti inflammatory diet? Will Ben develop confidence in a legitimate outside shot? we came surprisingly close this past season without our foundation in top form. can only fantasize about how much we could dominate if those 2 get anywhere close to their potential.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#25 » by SexDrugsPnR » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:46 pm

sports books have sixers at 9/1 odds. if we assume that 538's 27% projection is correct that would be a return on investment of 243% if my math is right. where is my credit card?
Spoiler:
100$ stake
9/1 odds
900$ profit with a .27 chance = expected profit of 243$
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#26 » by LloydFree » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:44 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:
youngcrev wrote:The Pacers weren't very good after Oladipo went down. They lost Bogdanovic, Young, Collison, Joseph, Evans, Matthews and O'Quinn. While I like Brogdon a lot, and like they're off-season in general with them getting younger, I think they got worse. They'll be decent if Oladipo comes back strong, and will struggle to make the playoffs if he doesn't.

Oladipo went down in the first half of the season and they still won 48 games. They might not have been playoff dangerous afterwards, but they were defying everyone that expected them to fall off up until the very end.

Let's be real, the only actual losses on that list of players is Bogdanovic, Young, and Collison. Joseph sucked for them, Evans was a nightmare mistake signing, Matthews was a buyout addition that never clicked, and O'Quinn was their 3rd C that they didn't even play.

Brogdon, Warren, Lamb > Bogdonovic, Young, Collison

I think they definitely got better with the trio they brought in, as opposed to what went out.

They stayed afloat at first due to a cake schedule before falling off a cliff the last couple of months and getting swept by the Celtics.

I think they improved at PG going from Collison/Joseph to Brogdon/Holiday, but Warren/Lamb is a clear step down from Bogdanovic/Young.

Exactly. Remove Oladipo from that lineup, they were the worst of all 8 playoff teams and they lost as many good players as they gained this off-season. I don't see them finishing in the top of the East this year, unless Oladipo comes back before Christmas.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#27 » by LloydFree » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:53 pm

the_process wrote:I like what the Pacers did, but they’re a clear 3rd in the East IMO.

Just because they got a couple useful players undervalue contracts, doesn't mean the team is good.
It means they havd a cheap lineup.

Brogdon
Lamb
Warren
Sabonis
Turner

That lineup is nothing, compared to the Celtics. The Pacers will struggle to score 90 points per game with that bunch.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#28 » by Kobblehead » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:08 pm

Pacers are definitely finishing in the top 4 of the conference.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#29 » by the_process » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 pm

LloydFree wrote:
the_process wrote:I like what the Pacers did, but they’re a clear 3rd in the East IMO.

Just because they got a couple useful players undervalue contracts, doesn't mean the team is good.

Brogdon
Lamb
Warren
Sabonis
Turner

That lineup is nothing, compared to the Celtics. The Pacers will struggle to score 90 points per game with that bunch.

I’m thinking Oladipo will be back early. Around Thanksgiving?

Celtics are back off the radar for now. Kemba is a poor man’s Kyrie and Hayward looks pretty washed. And Brown and Tatum will still be bitching about both of them for shots.
LloydFree
RealGM

Post#30 » by LloydFree » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 am

the_process wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Brogdon
Lamb
Warren
Sabonis
Turner

Celtics are back off the radar for now. Kemba is a poor man’s Kyrie and Hayward looks pretty washed. And Brown and Tatum will still be bitching about both of them for shots.

Yeah, IF Oladipo comes back before Christmas, I think the Pacers have a shot at being as good as Boston. But I haven't heard that's the case.

Without Oladipo, that lineup isn't nearly as good as the Celtics, Nets or Miami. They won't score. They're a bunch of young role players, without a star to play off. They're in the Orlando Magic class.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#31 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:33 am

LloydFree wrote:
the_process wrote:
LloydFree wrote:

Brogdon
Lamb
Warren
Sabonis
Turner

Yeah, IF Oladipo comes back before Christmas, I think the Pacers have a shot at being as good as Boston. But I haven't heard that's the case.

Without Oladipo, that lineup isn't nearly as good as the Celtics, Nets or Miami. They won't score. They're a bunch of young role players, without a star to play off. They're in the Orlando Magic class.

You're probably right unless Brogdon is able to stretch out his usage while maintaining a decent amount of efficiency.

The 4 seed may only take like 44-45 wins this year, also.
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,629

Post#32 » by LordCovington33 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:21 am

LloydFree wrote:

Brogdon
Lamb
Warren
Sabonis
Turner

Lamb and co are going to get slaughtered when the Pacers roll out that line up.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,155

Post#33 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:22 am

Not impressed with Indy at all tbh. Without Oladipo for most of the season, they’re worse than Boston, Brooklyn, and Miami. Toronto is also a wildcard depending on how much Lowry and Gasol have left in the tank.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#34 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:55 pm

You guys really don't see these Brogdon and Sabonis breakout seasons coming? I see them from a mile away.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#35 » by Arsenal » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Kobblehead wrote:You guys really don't see these Brogdon and Sabonis breakout seasons coming? I see them from a mile away.

Brogdon breakout season? I don't think so. What you got from him last year is the best you'll get. You're pimping his potential like the guy is going on 22 instead of 27.

He's a role player who played over his head in a contract year to get a fat deal. Odds are he regresses from now on.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#36 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:39 pm

18-22 ppg on good scoring efficiency from Brogdon this year. Guarenteed.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#37 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Brogdon is possible as I mentioned. He’s not gonna be that different from what Bogdan gave them though. Him and Thad led them in minutes and they’re both gone.

It sounds like they’re gonna make Sabonis play more 4 which isn’t really his game.

Is Holiday gonna be able to replace both Collison and Joseph?

Lot of questions. Oladipo’s status is the biggest. Guaranteeing a top 4 seed for them seems kind of crazy unless you just want to stake out a take.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,650

Post#38 » by stormi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Ben Simmons and Jo lifting that Larry O

God's dream :<
76thBearCub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,685

Post#39 » by 76thBearCub » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

This debate is encouraging to me in that the Pacers dont worry me one little bit up against us. A 2nd round series against them seems like it would be a cakewalk. Couldn't see it going more then 5 even with a healthy Oladipo. They just don't have the horses.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#40 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:08 pm

LloydFree wrote:Brogdon
Lamb
Warren
Sabonis
Turner

The Pacers will struggle to score 90 points per game with that bunch.

Are you serious? That 5-man unit produces elite scoring production.

Brogdon - 19.7 ppg-per36
Lamb - 19.3 ppg-per36
Warren - 20.4 ppg-per36
Sabonis - 20.4 ppg-per36
Turner - 16.7 ppg-per36

You guys are sleeping so hard on the Pacers. They have one of the deepest teams in the conference.

And a healthy Oladipo gives them a star level onball player that could make them a stealth contender.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers