We need to trade Blake

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Re: We need to trade Blake 

Post#141 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:02 am

Pharaoh wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:This could be real. Blake liked this tweet.

Read on Twitter
What's the tweet? I don't do Twitter

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

"The pistons spoken with 3 teams in the last few days about a potential Blake Griffin trade per sours. Griffin will make over 36m annually until he reaches free agency in 2022"
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,349

Post#142 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:04 am

Snakebites wrote:Eh, you guys know my song and dance. Not believing any of it until I see a better source. We've been collectively burned more than once here, folks.

Hey, at least I'm consistent, skeptical of things whether I like them or not (yes, I'd like to see us move Blake, though obviously I reserve the right to dislike a specific move if made).

I dont know people said stuff like this about Scoop and he called out a bunch of lakers stuff. Hes a radio guy and clearly has some inside West coast sources though. Not sure about this account.

Regardless it makes for interesting forum conversation at the very least :D .
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Post#143 » by Snakebites » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:08 am

buzzkilloton wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Eh, you guys know my song and dance. Not believing any of it until I see a better source. We've been collectively burned more than once here, folks.

Hey, at least I'm consistent, skeptical of things whether I like them or not (yes, I'd like to see us move Blake, though obviously I reserve the right to dislike a specific move if made).

I dont know people said stuff like this about Scoop and he called out a bunch of lakers stuff. Hes a radio guy and clearly has some inside West coast sources though. Not sure about this account.

Regardless it makes for interesting forum conversation at the very least :D .

Eh, one unexpected accurate source or prediction doesn't mean every random thing posted out in the internet deserves consideration.

Heck, we could create a rumor if we wanted to. Anyone can. We've had tweets by actual random people provoke discussion on these boards.

The source doesn't even really appear to be a news source.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#144 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:09 am

Agree with Snake.

Could easily be speculation.

It's been reported we were interested in Conley and failed to get a deal done.

Same for Westbrook and to some extent CP3 & DeRozan.

Pretty easy to assume that after having "failed" to land a "star" the FO are now open to dealing Blake.

Of course one could also assume we're not foolish enough to put our current cap situation under pressure by dealing for a 1 year rental or albatross while sacrificing the few young talents we currently possess.

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#145 » by Snakebites » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:15 am

Pharaoh wrote:Agree with Snake.

Could easily be speculation.

It's been reported we were interested in Conley and failed to get a deal done.

Same for Westbrook and to some extent CP3 & DeRozan.

Pretty easy to assume that after having "failed" to land a "star" the FO are now open to dealing Blake.

Of course one could also assume we're not foolish enough to put our current cap situation under pressure by dealing for a 1 year rental or albatross while sacrificing the few young talents we currently possess.

The interest we had in Westbrook appears to at least have extended to the point where we called the Thunder.

I actually think everything that followed in terms of particulars or reports we were "going hard" after him were false. And I think that because of what Westbrook actually ended up getting traded for.

I'm very skeptical that we ever were involved with Chris Paul, and the sourcing on DeRozan is kinda weak too. It says we've "spoken to the Spurs". Spoken? Who called who? Seems like based on our recent history, we're a team you'd call if you wanted to get rid of a star, no?
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#146 » by Pharaoh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 am

I'd say we had interest in Conley& Westbrook but the price was too high in the end but it was more than a single phone call.

DeRozan and CP3 probably nothing more than 1 phone call and we bailed.

There is no reason for us to give up:

Luke - ended the regular season very well

Brown - defensively is good, SL showed offensive improvement

Sekou - 18 year old with insane potential

All 3 might never develop into more but right now there's hope. That's all I've ever asked for.

sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Post#147 » by sc8581 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:54 am

DetroitPistons wrote:Some of these Griffin trade ideas are pure garbage. Man, I swear half of this board actually DISLIKES the Pistons and wants to see us get minimal value back in trades. Awful.

Just being realistic, he does have an extensive history of injuries.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,119

Post#148 » by The Moose » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 am

buzzkilloton wrote:This could be real. Blake liked this tweet.

Read on Twitter

Blake considers himself a comedian in his spare time.
This is how you know the rumour is 100% false
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,551

Post#149 » by pistonsbball » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:59 am

Now the dust has settled I can see teams thinking Blake might be the final piece that puts them over. Capela + Gordon + 1sts would be tempting for Houston. That might give them the most talented "big 3". I don't want to trade Blake, but if we can get a nice package you'd have to consider it.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#150 » by DBC10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 am

^There'll be some offers, I don't know if there's going to be any real interest now due to contracts being locked in for teams until 2 or so months. The biggest obstacle for any trade involving Blake is his injury history. If he can stay relatively healthy and looks good, then I think a team will make the gamble.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#151 » by red96 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:34 pm

pistonsbball wrote:Now the dust has settled I can see teams thinking Blake might be the final piece that puts them over. Capela + Gordon + 1sts would be tempting for Houston. That might give them the most talented "big 3". I don't want to trade Blake, but if we can get a nice package you'd have to consider it.

As a Rockets fan, if be all for Blake for Gordon, 2 1st's, 2 2nd's, and and fillers( 1 year of Shumpert+ waiveable youngsters and prospects).
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 564

Post#152 » by LaSheed » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:58 pm

Hope Denver is the team interested
DETermination
RealGM
And1: 6,818

Post#153 » by DETermination » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 pm

If we're going to trade him it's not now. Why trade him now when there's only maybe a couple teams who can afford him while giving up picks/young players. Wait until next off season when their are a lot more teams with cap space and next off-season will have a poor free agent class. Plus he'd only have 2 years left on his contract and possibly one if he opts out. I'd like to see us move Drummond at the trade deadline so we don't lose him for nothing and go full rebuild next year. We could trade D Rose and Morris and Snell to get as much picks/young talent that we can.
Detroit vs Everybody
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 332

Post#154 » by Drwho17 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:49 pm

DETermination wrote:If we're going to trade him it's not now. Why trade him now when there's only maybe a couple teams who can afford him while giving up picks/young players. Wait until next off season when their are a lot more teams with cap space and next off-season will have a poor free agent class. Plus he'd only have 2 years left on his contract and possibly one if he opts out. I'd like to see us move Drummond at the trade deadline so we don't lose him for nothing and go full rebuild next year. We could trade D Rose and Morris and Snell to get as much picks/young talent that we can.

Trade anyone for the right price. I don't really want them to trade anyone unless it's from a position of strength, right now is probably a good time to make a trade, more of a sellers market with the Arms race out west and GS being wounded. I could see a team like Portland or Denver making a good BG offer, I too think Denver could make a good offer and could use a veteran guy like BG to accelerate their time table.

I mean I would have to really think hard if they offered some combination around guys like Beasley or Harris and Morris w/KPjr and a pick.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#155 » by Kilo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:51 pm

I think he's here at least until the trade deadline - see what we have here, if anything, and to keep up the facade with fans that Detroit is in "win now" mode.

We trade him away at the TDL, Reggie and Galloway expire, Dre likely would opt out rather than going through a rebuild here. So we'd basically be at rock bottom - see our cap space for bad contracts next season while tanking out playing 2020 FRP, Sekou Doumbouya, Kennard as much as possible.

If we look to rebuild though, I could see Casey being bought out in a mutually agreed to parting.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#156 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:44 pm

OK. Just for kicks, I will take a shot here.

Tyler Johnson ($20 million expiring)
Evan Baynes (solid back up center, $5.5 million expiring)
Dario Saric (multi-talented young pf who will be a RFA next summer, Pistons maintain control if they want or expiring if they want)
Elie Okobo (young pg prospect)

Top 1 protected 2020 Suns FRP

For Blake
Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Post#157 » by Sort » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:57 pm

I appreciate this dream thread, but aren't Pistons last in attendance, and isn't Blake the only reason to actually watch the Pistons right now? I mean I love Bruce Brown's defense and Rose will make that second unit a lot more fun until his inevitable injury, but that's not selling any tickets. I know the whole rebuild argument, but Gores has been seeking mediocrity his whole tenure.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,256

Post#158 » by vege » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:11 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:OK. Just for kicks, I will take a shot here.

Dario Saric (multi-talented young pf who will be a RFA next summer, Pistons maintain control if they want or expiring if they want)

For Blake

That's laughable.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,678

Post#159 » by Invictus88 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:06 am

Is Evan Baynes any relation to Aaron? :wink:
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#160 » by Snakebites » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:55 am

vege wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:OK. Just for kicks, I will take a shot here.

For Blake

That's laughable.

For who? That 2020 pick could be really valuable.

Return to Detroit Pistons