ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Marine "French Becky" Johannès Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Re: Official Marine "French Becky" Johannès Thread 

Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:18 pm

All I know is that I'd like to go one-on-one with her.
Free Palestine
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#22 » by MaseInYourFace » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
i like it. she's rangy and skilled. a little reckless at time, but a very entertaining player.

my biggest knock on the WNBA is the entertainment value. i was a lot more interested in the first seasons when it was new and had a flood of national team star names who made the league interesting as a first-time spectacle. i'd be lying if i said i really enjoyed watching the purely fundamental game it is. the women have great skills and play on a regulation court with 10-foot rims. you're not going to see the athleticism fans enjoy from the NBA. so it's a hard sell.

i say that to say if the WNBA was a little more free and had women flying around dunking, more people would be watching. there will always be sexists who don't want to watch women pros no matter what. but maybe more curry-like action would make americans watch more.

this is why the women have historically played and gotten paid the rest of the year in europe, where the sport is FAR more valued.

Lower the rim?

it's crossed my mind, but that would affect the shooting. women train to shoot on 10-foot rims. and i think that's the right rim height for basketball. both sexes play on that height from young. a lowered rim would be kind of insulting.

It should be considered IMO. At least for WNBA. I think the players would adapt. Women are shorter on average so I don’t see why it would be insulting.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,651

Re: Official Marine 

Post#23 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Governor Dudley wrote:I'd take Liz Cambage any day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Unless you're a girl she will not take you. That's what I hate about the WNBA ... they so fine, but they don't wanna be mine. :) :banghead:
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#24 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:59 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:i don't think french becky hammon is a good comp at all

Looks like Anfernee Simons lightning quick release with NBA Live 07 Freestyle Superstar passes

i like it. she's rangy and skilled. a little reckless at time, but a very entertaining player.

my biggest knock on the WNBA is the entertainment value. i was a lot more interested in the first seasons when it was new and had a flood of national team star names who made the league interesting as a first-time spectacle. i'd be lying if i said i really enjoyed watching the purely fundamental game it is. the women have great skills and play on a regulation court with 10-foot rims. you're not going to see the athleticism fans enjoy from the NBA. so it's a hard sell.

i say that to say if the WNBA was a little more free and had women flying around dunking, more people would be watching. there will always be sexists who don't want to watch women pros no matter what. but maybe more curry-like action would make americans watch more.

this is why the women have historically played and gotten paid the rest of the year in europe, where the sport is FAR more valued.

They play in Europe because there are real leagues there. The WNBA is glorified summer league. It's no different than the guys who can't make the NBA. They go to Europe to make their money and come back for summer league as an audition.

Hell, one year Spartak told Taurasi not to play in the WNBA and she didn't blink.
prophet_of_rage
RealGM

Post#25 » by prophet_of_rage » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:i don't think french becky hammon is a good comp at all

She looks more like a 2. No? Becky was more 1’ish and she was cuter 8-) .

marine is definitely a swingwoman. got some handle and playmaking ability, but you don't want her running the offense in that traditional PG way.

both are nice looking ladies, but i'll keep this about basketball. they have such an uphill battle with respect due to so many (not saying you) guys only being interested in women's sport for what the players do or don't look like. i try to avoid that.

Go to a WNBA game. The women are there for what the players look like. Sex appeal is part of athletics. Tom Brady isn't Tom Brady if he's ugly. Part of Michael's appeal was the bald head and muscles. He changed the look whole look for Black men. If Larry Bird looked more like Magic Johnson and less like Sam Cassell there wouldn't have been a contest as to who the face of the league was in the early 80s.

Athletes are always objectified ... male or female. Name an objectively ugly superstar.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,955

Post#26 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:26 pm

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:
She looks more like a 2. No? Becky was more 1’ish and she was cuter 8-) .

marine is definitely a swingwoman. got some handle and playmaking ability, but you don't want her running the offense in that traditional PG way.

both are nice looking ladies, but i'll keep this about basketball. they have such an uphill battle with respect due to so many (not saying you) guys only being interested in women's sport for what the players do or don't look like. i try to avoid that.

Go to a WNBA game. The women are there for what the players look like. Sex appeal is part of athletics. Tom Brady isn't Tom Brady if he's ugly. Part of Michael's appeal was the bald head and muscles. He changed the look whole look for Black men. If Larry Bird looked more like Magic Johnson and less like Sam Cassell there wouldn't have been a contest as to who the face of the league was in the early 80s.

Athletes are always objectified ... male or female. Name an objectively ugly superstar.

i'm not trying to say these players can't be sexy/beautiful/attractive. that's the wrong direction too. i'm just saying we gather on a sports forum about women's athletics and often forget to discuss the athletics. that fits with ways in which men devalue women on a societal level.

there are lots of women athletes i find highly attractive. nothing wrong with that. most people want to be found attractive. but women face a world where that's more important than anything else in a way men don't.

and i'm not going to name ugly superstars. that's not nice. but i understand your point about marketing and appearance. sure.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
adjacent2bench
RealGM
And1: 7,519

Post#27 » by adjacent2bench » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:38 pm

So far today she’s 6 for 6, 4 for 4 from 3 with 16 points vs the Sparks. Libs up at the start of the 4th.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#28 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:57 am

That one handed three she makes at 5:15 in the documentary is unbelievable.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#29 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:34 pm

You hate to see it.. that she is not my gf yet!!!

Read on Twitter

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio

Post#30 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:36 pm

GreatWhiteStiff wrote:That one handed three she makes at 5:15 in the documentary is unbelievable.

Lets be honest half of the dudes in NBA wont be able pull of that ish.. Looking at you Ben Simmons

El Poochio

Post#31 » by El Poochio » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:06 pm

GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#32 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:53 am

El Poochio wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:That one handed three she makes at 5:15 in the documentary is unbelievable.

Lets be honest half of the dudes in NBA wont be able pull of that ish.. Looking at you Ben Simmons

lol that's so much beyond ben simmons. Most nba players miss it badly in a horse game methinks. Still we only have a sample size of one, but the way it was executed was one of the most beautiful shots I've seen.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
El Poochio

Post#33 » by El Poochio » Tue Sep 3, 2019 2:05 am

Honestly how am I not a talent scout

newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#34 » by newyorker4ever » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:42 pm

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1T0FuxCAMfE1yIwKHsuSQw7arfKAPqLxANlaARIGoSl9fuPRW2bKlmdF4bEeUSt_6lkbgYuClRA8CRCc6UPL-ISfgE2ihuWoknzEmss52ZgvtMqq3WSq4DQYNcKWN4XoYLDg3i0E_AVs_LjnvqenvDUyll23b04JPytWhAPVoWfxvrJHMmhhG9NcPxRebD4wri5k8rRQxsZSd93iwmZ7Ido9Xte6nM4cvg2FHesWmf0wYP2vSBt4fSL6IVFWk7TyM-58PztIZCu9CQdtjdNaS675dUUp-YXmgJv8Fz_tiVA

Click link for full article with video clips.

Knicks: Analyzing Frank Ntilikina’s stellar FIBA play
by Orestis Rantis5 hours ago

New York Knicks point guard Frank Ntilikina has shown signs of excellence throughout the FIBA World Cup so far.
During the FIBA World Cup, New York Knicks point guard Frank Ntilikina has played some quality basketball, helping France rise to become one of the world’s best.

France is now 4-0 in the tournament so far and has solidified the squad as one of the most serious contenders to win it all on Sept. 15.

Driven by their defensive paint anchor, Rudy Gobert, as well as some extremely prolific scorers in Evan Fournier and Nando De Colo, the French seem to have it figured out at both ends.

They are working like a well-oiled machine on offense, shooting a remarkable 48.8 percent from behind the arc, while they are second in the tournament in field goal percentage. Their unselfishness clearly stands out to whoever watches a game of theirs.

They also seem to be working as a unit on the defensive end as well, though two-time Defensive Player of the Year Gobert may not be the only one bound to receive credit for that.

A very pleasant surprise for the French team has been no other than New York’s very own Ntilikina ,who has quietly been breaking out in China.

During the three first-round games against Germany, Jordan and the Dominican Republic, Ntilikina posted averages of 9.3 points, 3.0 assists and 2.0 steals per game.

It may not seem like much to an NBA fan’s eye but keep in mind that international basketball tends to be more slow-paced, resulting in much fewer possessions throughout the game, which by the way lasts 40 minutes instead of the NBA’s 48.

nb

@nicjbae
me, perhaps the last ntilikina stan on earth, hiding under the bed:

armed robber:

me:

armed robber: knicks should trade frank

me:

He did all that while shooting 54.5 percent (6-for-11) from behind 3-point territory (yes, you read that correctly). On a typical week with the New York Knicks, Frank could end up making six threes, though it would take a total barrage of 3-pointers.

Ntilikina did struggle during the team’s last exhibition against Lithuania as he got into some early foul trouble, resulting in him only stepping on the court for a total of 13 minutes. Luckily for him, his –more than capable– teammates finished the job by securing the win.

Now let’s move on to the big question; the one that’s been on every New York Knicks fan’s mind since the beggining of this article, let alone the whole tournament.

Why is it that Frank Ntilikina has shown more improvement in one week in China than in two whole years in New York?

Well for starters, New York seems to have given up on him. Actually, they may have acted this way since his rookie season.

Fact 1: The Knicks drafted Frank with the ninth pick, but chose to start 34 year-old Jarrett Jack instea8.
Fact 2: The Knicks traded to acquire Emmanuel Mudiay, who also got more playing time
Fact 3: The Knicks signed Trey Burke even though he has shown that he can’t take “the next step” in his career
Fact 4: The Knicks traded their franchise player to acquire Dennis Smith Jr., a point guard they could’ve drafted instead of Ntilikina
Fact 5: The Knicks signed Elfrid Payton as a backup point guard
And there you have it folks. The blueprint to the Knicks’ apparent dismissal of Frank.

The Knicks giving up on Frank Ntilikina this early would be one of the biggest mistakes in franchise history

20 years old, filled with potential and already is one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA

Don’t give up on Frank. @nyknicks

Even though one week of basketball does not prove anything, Ntilikina has put the world on notice. His elite defensive prowess turned out to be too much for opposing guards like Dennis Schroder, who he forced to a horrific shooting percentage.

Starting October, head coach David Fizdale must certainly do one thing: find a way to incorporate FIBA Frank Ntilikina into the roster. Ntilikina has been showcasing his incredibly high basketball IQ thus far. It seems like a long time since New York has had a good defender at the point guard spot.

NEXT: Ranking the NBA's best mascots of all-time
A team as bad as the Knicks in terms of defense (all overall to be honest) could honestly use a guy like Frank, someone to limit the opponents in this guard-driven league we are witnessing.
remi_222
Pro Prospect
And1: 636

Post#35 » by remi_222 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 4:04 pm

wrong topic even if its the closest one since Marine is also french ;)

Return to New York Knicks