Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Re: Woj: Bucks to Re-Sign Khris Middleton to a 5 year, $178M Contract 

Post#581 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:13 am

That's cool. Congrats Khris
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#582 » by H2tObes » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:16 am

Weird to think he will probably be getting his jersey retired by the Bucks one day, that Jennings trade was wild.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#583 » by Antinomy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:54 am

When Middleton averages 20-24ppg this year & plays in 75+ games, it’ll be interesting what the takes will be.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#584 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 pm

Antinomy wrote:When Middleton averages 20-24ppg this year & plays in 75+ games, it’ll be interesting what the takes will be.

I don't think bucket-getting and durability were ever criticisms so I imagine if nothing else in his game changes, and the Bucks come up short again, the takes will remain the same.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#585 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:49 pm

H2tObes wrote:Weird to think he will probably be getting his jersey retired by the Bucks one day, that Jennings trade was wild.

easily top 3-5 favorite buck of all time for me going back almost 40 years. by the time its all said and done he will be the greatest buck in 4 decades besides moncrief and giannis. im ashamed of the way he gets treated around here.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#586 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:53 pm

Antinomy wrote:When Middleton averages 20-24ppg this year & plays in 75+ games, it’ll be interesting what the takes will be.

So points per game and number of games are the only factors we should look at? Interesting.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#587 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:01 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
H2tObes wrote:Weird to think he will probably be getting his jersey retired by the Bucks one day, that Jennings trade was wild.

easily top 3-5 favorite buck of all time for me going back almost 40 years. by the time its all said and done he will be the greatest buck in 4 decades besides moncrief and giannis. im ashamed of the way he gets treated around here.

You couldn't have possibly typed this sentence with a straight face.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#588 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:21 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

of course it was a straight face. why wouldn't it be? guys on this forum treat him like a dog. some guys its the only reason they post and anytime his name comes up its 100% negative.

hes going to be an iconic buck by the time its over in every other corner of this country. makes no sense whatsoever the treatment he gets. the haterz can go poke themselves

right now today after 40 years heres the order....and its the right order. barely even worth a debate if you don't like the order. by the time its done he'll climb allen and be #3 because of team success and longevity. it just is what it is
1. Giannis
2. Moncrief
3. Allen
4. Middleton
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,086

Post#589 » by DingleJerry » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:37 pm

Ersan gonna sneak in that top 5 if we get the title this year!!!
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,220

Post#590 » by Chapter29 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm

And here I thought GOS was saying that Jennings was top 5....I was like um yeah.

But Middleton? Yeah maybe. But that says more about the sucky talent we've had IMO over the years than how good Middleton is. Allen was much better. Hell, I'd take Allen right now. Not over Mids though.
Giannis
is
UponUs
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#591 » by DavidDunn21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:59 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:

of course it was a straight face. why wouldn't it be? guys on this forum treat him like a dog. some guys its the only reason they post and anytime his name comes up its 100% negative.

hes going to be an iconic buck by the time its over in every other corner of this country. makes no sense whatsoever the treatment he gets. the haterz can go poke themselves

right now today after 40 years heres the order....and its the right order. barely even worth a debate if you don't like the order. by the time its done he'll climb allen and be #3 because of team success and longevity. it just is what it is
1. Giannis
2. Moncrief
3. Allen
4. Middleton
Ummm...okay. Lol

Serious question. I come in peace.

What do you like about him? It's totally cool that he's one of your favorite Bucks of all time, but why?

For example, it would seem that almost 20 years later, very few people claim Tim Thomas as one of their favorite Bucks of all time, or from that era. People still love Ray and Sam and Glenn and Darvin and Scott, but Tim was somewhat unknowable. Unknowable, seemingly moody, a bit of a tease.

Andrew Bogut was the best player on the Bucks and he had a terrible injury which engendered a lot of sympathy and he did the whole Squad 6 thing, and yet it seems very few people still have him as one of their handful of favorite Bucks.

So I ask without malice: What about Khris does it for you? Do you like the underdog aspect of his narrative? Are you a fan of the midrange because that's how pops taught you to play? Is 22 your favorite number?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,934

Post#592 » by Perishable517 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:55 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:Ummm...okay. Lol

Serious question. I come in peace.

What do you like about him? It's totally cool that he's one of your favorite Bucks of all time, but why?

For example, it would seem that almost 20 years later, very few people claim Tim Thomas as one of their favorite Bucks of all time, or from that era. People still love Ray and Sam and Glenn and Darvin and Scott, but Tim was somewhat unknowable. Unknowable, seemingly moody, a bit of a tease.

Andrew Bogut was the best player on the Bucks and he had a terrible injury which engendered a lot of sympathy and he did the whole Squad 6 thing, and yet it seems very few people still have him as one of their handful of favorite Bucks.

So I ask without malice: What about Khris does it for you? Do you like the underdog aspect of his narrative? Are you a fan of the midrange because that's how pops taught you to play? Is 22 your favorite number?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

Question not directed to me, but it is a very good question.

Boy, I was on the Tim Thomas train back in the day. Disappointed he never put it all together. I was even okay with moving Big Dog, my favorite from that era, to give him more time.

I was a big Pressey fan, as well, in that stretch and when we had John Lucas, well dang, I thought he was the missing piece.
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
mattg
General Manager
And1: 2,985

Post#593 » by mattg » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm

Middleton will be closer to averaging 15ppg than 24ppg. There is literally zero evidence that would predict he can suddenly increase his volume to that level.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#594 » by theFireBlanket » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:51 pm

:cough:
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#595 » by KidA24 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:24 pm

mattg wrote:

Middleton will be closer to averaging 15ppg than 24ppg. There is literally zero evidence that would predict he can suddenly increase his volume to that level.

I mean, he averaged 22.6 PPG in the games Brogdon missed last season.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#596 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:31 pm

mattg wrote:

Very bad post

He avg 18ppg last year, 20ppg the year before and like mentioned above 22ppg when Brogdon was out last year
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#597 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:58 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
mattg wrote:

Very bad post

He avg 18ppg last year

This is closer to 15 ppg than 24 ppg.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#598 » by truly » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:00 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
mattg wrote:

Very bad post

He avg 18ppg last year, 20ppg the year before and like mentioned above 22ppg when Brogdon was out last year

18 is closer to 15 than 24 though.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#599 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:01 pm

trwi7 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
mattg wrote:Middleton will be closer to averaging 15ppg than 24ppg. There is literally zero evidence that would predict he can suddenly increase his volume to that level.

Very bad post

He avg 18ppg last year

You cut out 2/3 of my post and took away the context when I was responding to the "literally zero evidence he can increase his volume"

Congrats
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#600 » by trwi7 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:03 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Very bad post

He avg 18ppg last year

You cut out 2/3 of my post and took away the context when I was responding to the "literally zero evidence he can increase his volume"

Congrats

He could increase his volume which also likely decreases his efficiency, so that's not great either.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks