Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#121 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:38 am

MastermindLV wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
killmongrel wrote: What a dumb statement.

That guy is one of the known Steph hating Warriors fans. Known because he's the only one.

Maybe If he proves he can win a championship without Durant and the other team missing 2 of its 3 best players I’ll give him credit.

Credit for what? He won in '17 and '18 putting up 27/8/9/2 and 28/6/7/2 respectively. Was he the best player on the team? No, KD was better but they absolutely dominated the consensus best player in the NBA, possibly ever, losing only 1 game in 9. They both played great but does the fact that KD was better mean you give Steph no "credit", that you have no respect or regard for him? I mean, he's clearly a top-10 player right now and most would suggest a top-5 player along with KD, Lebron, Kawhi and Giannis. Where would you put him?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#122 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:50 am

greymond wrote:Dlo for love but love gets hurt n is 6 yrs older. Same contract. If we got love we would have 4 hof ers again starting.

Cavs have supposedly said they are not looking to move Love, and I don't really want him for the Warriors.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#123 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 am

Jester_ wrote:
MastermindLV wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
That guy is one of the known Steph hating Warriors fans. Known because he's the only one.

Maybe If he proves he can win a championship without Durant and the other team missing 2 of its 3 best players I’ll give him credit.

...5 years later

"Maybe if he proves he can win a championship without a player with the letter 'G' in his first name and the opposite team being at least 200m above sea level, then I'll give him credit!!!!!"

Go home gramps, you're drunk

:rofl:
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#124 » by jamesnamida » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:10 pm

I would do something along the lines of:
Dlo+ filler to okc
For gallo and adams since they are rebuilding and going young
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#125 » by xdrta+ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:28 pm

jamesnamida wrote:I would do something along the lines of:
Dlo+ filler to okc

Gallo and Adams total $48M salary. You're going to need $20M+ of filler.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,288

Post#126 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:44 am

Dlo+ filler to okc
Gallo cannot stay healthy for a full season and is an expiring. So we'd basically be trading DLo for Adams who isn't that great in the playoffs.

Warriors are not going to trade DLo just so they can compete this year. Moving DLo would have to involve taking back a player or players we can go forward with for more than a year.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,180

Post#127 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:24 am

Dlo+ filler to okc

we should try to get SGA back if its DLo...Adams is overpaid and Gallo is an expiring...we need real assets back.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#128 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 am

clyde21 wrote:
Dlo+ filler to okc

we should try to get SGA back if its DLo...Adams is overpaid and Gallo is an expiring...we need real assets back.

But SGA isn't a "wing".
clyde21
RealGM

Post#129 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:34 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Dlo+ filler to okc

But SGA isn't a "wing".

you're right...did I miss a point u were making?
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#130 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:56 am

clyde21 wrote:
Dlo+ filler to okc

Would your rather have SGA than D'lo? They have similar measurements while D'lo is far and away a more polished offensive player and only two years older. Also, SGA would move Klay to SF no different than with D'lo but with less offense added. I don't know how anyone can like SGA more than D'lo at this point.

The determination to trade D'lo by some I would describe as pathological.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#131 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:59 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Dlo+ filler to okc

Would your rather have SGA than D'lo? They have similar measurements while D'lo is far and away a more polished offensive player and only two years older. Also, SGA would move Klay to SF no different than with D'lo but with less offense added. I don't know how anyone can like SGA more than D'lo at this point.

yes, SGA projects to be a better on-ball defender and better off-ball contributer, and is just a much better fit next to Steph than DLo.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#132 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:05 am

clyde21 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

yes, SGA projects to be a better on-ball defender and better off-ball contributer, and is just a much better fit next to Steph than DLo.

I'm just not seeing that. We need someone that can not only distribute with Steph playing off the ball but someone that can take advantage of Steph's gravity and knock down all the open shots he forces. Not to mention, SGA is a project on offense in all sorts of ways. Low volume shooter, even lower from 3 and only just over 3 assists per game mean he's only a floor general at this point as opposed to being either a playmaker or a shotmaker. D'lo is a far, far more potent offensive weapon with a whole repertoire of ways to score and get his teammates involved. We are in a championship window now and D'lo helps that far more than SGA does. Who cares about whatever marginal difference they are as defenders, the offensive differences are stark and put D'lo way over the top.
The hottest of takes...
clyde21
RealGM

Post#133 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
thinkingwarriors wrote:

I'm just not seeing that. We need someone that can not only distribute with Steph playing off the ball but someone that can take advantage of Steph's gravity and knock down all the open shots he forces. Not to mention, SGA is a project on offense in all sorts of ways. Low volume shooter, even lower from 3 and only just over 3 assists per game mean he's only a floor general at this point as opposed to being either a playmaker or a shotmaker. D'lo is a far, far more potent offensive weapon with a whole repertoire of ways to score and get his teammates involved. We are in a championship window now and D'lo helps that far more than SGA does. Who cares about whatever marginal difference they are as defenders, the offensive differences are stark and put D'lo way over the top.

it's much more important finding a player that can play with Steph vs. finding a player that can play better without Steph, and like I said, I like SGA's fit next to Steph considerably better than DLos

i also think you're overrating DLo quite a bit and underrating SGA, but I hope you're right.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#134 » by BW32 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:54 am

Not that it's realistic at all for OKC to trade SGA but for the sake of argument if Draymond leaves with SGA you'd have him and caproom whereas with DLo you just have DLo.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,233

Post#135 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:03 am

BW32 wrote:Not that it's realistic at all for OKC to trade SGA but for the sake of argument if Draymond leaves with SGA you'd have him and caproom whereas with DLo you just have DLo.

I don't see that. If you trade Draymond you have to take back salary -- if you don't take back salary, and just create a trade exception like they did with Iguodala, well, if you're under the cap all trade exceptions count towards team salary, so you're back over.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#136 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:22 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

But SGA isn't a "wing".

you're right...did I miss a point u were making?

Just checking if you did indeed block me :)
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#137 » by BW32 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:23 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
BW32 wrote:Not that it's realistic at all for OKC to trade SGA but for the sake of argument if Draymond leaves with SGA you'd have him and caproom whereas with DLo you just have DLo.

I don't see that. If you trade Draymond you have to take back salary -- if you don't take back salary, and just create a trade exception like they did with Iguodala, well, if you're under the cap all trade exceptions count towards team salary, so you're back over.

I didn't say if they trade him I said if he leaves, he's unrestricted we don't get a say if he's salty and he definitely profiles to be the type of guy to get salty without a max offer.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,288

Post#138 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:28 pm

So I was thinking about how the Timberwolves is probably the most appealing place for DLo to want to get traded to if he is. If I'm the Timberwolves, I start thinking about a player that I *think* the Warriors might want to be included in a package with Covington for DLo.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,649

Post#139 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:21 pm

killmongrel wrote:So I was thinking about how the Timberwolves is probably the most appealing place for DLo to want to get traded to if he is. If I'm the Timberwolves, I start thinking about a player that I *think* the Warriors might want to be included in a package with Covington for DLo.

Okogie is the realistic addition, but I'm not sold on that trade at all.

We should be aiming for KAT. If the Wolves don't like that, whatever we look elsewhere.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#140 » by jscott » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:30 pm

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:So I was thinking about how the Timberwolves is probably the most appealing place for DLo to want to get traded to if he is. If I'm the Timberwolves, I start thinking about a player that I *think* the Warriors might want to be included in a package with Covington for DLo.

Okogie is the realistic addition, but I'm not sold on that trade at all.

We should be aiming for KAT. If the Wolves don't like that, whatever we look elsewhere.

This is ridiculous.

If that's truly your stance then please, look elsewhere.

Return to Golden State Warriors