ImageImageImage

Sixers vs the Bucks and the rest of the east

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,726

Re: Sixers vs the Bucks and the rest of the east 

Post#21 » by HotelVitale » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:16 am

Wow that video was painful. Why do people watch mediocre thinkers struggling to articulate half-informed analysis?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,345

Post#22 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 am

fl311 wrote:Ryan Hollins is a worse analyst than he was NBA player. That is saying something

“When I started in the NBA..”

:lol:
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#23 » by Kobblehead » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Ryan Hollins is just a product of the Jamie Horowitz model for Sports Take shows. It's why he's on First Take and not any of their serious attempts at basketball content.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#24 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:56 am

One of the opponent’s SGs are going to defend Tobi or Ben. One of Bucks SGs are going to be DiVicenzo, Wes Matthews or Korver
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#25 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:58 am

Kobblehead wrote:Ryan Hollins is just a product of the Jamie Horowitz model for Sports Take shows. It's why he's on First Take and not any of their serious attempts at basketball content.

Its the fake news era. Fake news gets more attention than real news.

I know Hollins says stupid stuffs but deep inside you want to hear those outrageous takes. It’s like some plot twist by M Night.
Processing76
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#26 » by Processing76 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:49 pm

Not really sure where to post this, but I am really hating the fact that Ennis and Harris are proclaiming the Sixers are the "best in the East" and that we'll have a "walk to the finals."

No upside from doing that. Having confidence is nice, but there are ways to not put targets on your backs
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#27 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Processing76 wrote:Not really sure where to post this, but I am really hating the fact that Ennis and Harris are proclaiming the Sixers are the "best in the East" and that we'll have a "walk to the finals."

No upside from doing that. Having confidence is nice, but there are ways to not put targets on your backs

I don’t think it’s gonna, like, make it harder to win. Just makes them look bad if the team doesn’t back it up, and if they’re willing to deal with that fall out it’s their decision.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#28 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Processing76 wrote:Not really sure where to post this, but I am really hating the fact that Ennis and Harris are proclaiming the Sixers are the "best in the East" and that we'll have a "walk to the finals."

You think other teams in the east don’t think we’re the “best in the east”? It’s not like they’re giving away a secret.

I also dont see any upside except if they have this “judo” mentality where they want to see teams giving their best against us. Trying to beat “the best in the east” so that we’ll know what aspects we have to improve as “counters”, while its early.

For instance, its not until late in the season where we saw teams threw zone defense against us which i find effective. Nets also run a zone in the first round, it’s just they are really inferior in every way. You also kind of see it when teams faced the Warriors. For instance, Pop will run a defensive scheme where he would over commit on defending the 3 and force curry to drive to the paint. Or when teams would force Harden to his right for the entire game like how the Jazz do it.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#29 » by agiaco » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:45 pm

If they're asked what they think, would you prefer they say the team is a 4 seed or something? I don't see what's wrong with having that confidence. Players say stuff like that all the time.
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#30 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:34 pm

The 76ers have had a target on them since Embiid started playing. It doesn't matter. What, are you hoping they sneak up on teams and steal a couple extra wins during the regular season?

I'd even say it's better if they get used to playing against highly motivated opponents, just so they're even more prepared for the playoffs.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#31 » by old skool » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:26 pm

I think it is a mistake to focus on offenses. Milwaukee won 60 games last year because they had the #1 defense in the NBA. The 76ers were 15th in DRtg. The 76ers will struggle to catch Milwaukee if they cannot improve on the defensive end.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#32 » by sixers hoops » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:30 pm

76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Ryan Hollins is just a product of the Jamie Horowitz model for Sports Take shows. It's why he's on First Take and not any of their serious attempts at basketball content.

I know Hollins says stupid stuffs but deep inside you want to hear those outrageous takes. It’s like some plot twist by M Night.

Definitely not the case for me. I don’t want any of that garbage.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#33 » by kuclas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:41 pm

old skool wrote:I think it is a mistake to focus on offenses. Milwaukee won 60 games last year because they had the #1 defense in the NBA. The 76ers were 15th in DRtg. The 76ers will struggle to catch Milwaukee if they cannot improve on the defensive end.

Yes and no. Regular season intensity is not the same as playoffs except for maybe 10-12 games during the regular season.

Did the bucks lose to Toronto cause their defense became worst? Or their offense became worst.

Cause sometimes elite offenses can over compensate for average defense making average defense look better than it really is. So when basketball regular season get out of hand in 3rd quarter when teams are getting behind 12-15 points. Teams tend to jack up even more bad shots thus making bucks defense look even better.

It’s like the elite nfl offense with average defenses. Come playoff times. Real defense matters (see Vikings 1998 offense, see 2013 Denver broncos offenses). They were the highest scoring offenses and both lost in playoffs cause their defenses were suspect all along.

Giannis is not a true rim protector. He can make high light reel blocks but he’s not a rim deterrent. Who else do bucks have? Bledsoe? Middleton? Lopez?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#34 » by 76ciology » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:37 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:

So who fits ur list? Max Kellerman? Nick wright?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#35 » by 76ciology » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:40 pm

old skool wrote:I think it is a mistake to focus on offenses. Milwaukee won 60 games last year because they had the #1 defense in the NBA. The 76ers were 15th in DRtg. The 76ers will struggle to catch Milwaukee if they cannot improve on the defensive end.

We’re focused on offense because replacing Jimmy and JJ for JRich and Horford took a big hit on defense while the new roster is as good as it gets for a top defensive team in the league
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#36 » by sixers hoops » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 pm

76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:

To be honest, I don’t watch any national shows. Other than actual games, I haven’t put on ESPN in several decades. There is nothing on there that I like.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 925

Post#37 » by Tony Franciosa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:02 pm

LloydFree wrote:

The 76ers have had a target on them since Embiid started playing. It doesn't matter. What, are you hoping they sneak up on teams and steal a couple extra wins during the regular season?

I'd even say it's better if they get used to playing against highly motivated opponents, just so they're even more prepared for the playoffs.

this all just reminds me of the Eagles Dream Team stuff... it's bad mojo.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,011

Post#38 » by Sixerscan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:22 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

To be honest, I don’t watch any national shows. Other than actual games, I haven’t put on ESPN in several decades. There is nothing on there that I like.

Yeah especially with how many podcasts and other news outlets there are these days it’s pretty easy to avoid them.

I turn on sportscenter or the jump for a few minutes every once in a while and short clips of Stephen A that reach twitter are funny sometimes but the idea of actually sitting down and watching first take or something for an hour sounds like torture.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#39 » by AussieBuck » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:39 am

Thread title seems accurate enough until maybe the Nets get healthy a season from now or Boston gets some NBA bigs. Should be an epic defensive battle.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#40 » by 76ciology » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:00 pm

AussieBuck wrote:Thread title seems accurate enough until maybe the Nets get healthy a season from now or Boston gets some NBA bigs. Should be an epic defensive battle.

For me Bucks and Sixers are the top 2 teams and there’s a big gap after them until KD returns.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers