ImageImage

Portland signs Mario Hezonja to a minimum contract

Moderators: The Sebastian Express, Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem

d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Re: Portland signs Mario Hezonjia to a minimum contract 

Post#61 » by d-train » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:16 am

Mario looks like a bigger worse shooting version of Stauskas.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,934

Post#62 » by DusterBuster » Sat Jul 6, 2019 2:40 am

d-train wrote:Mario looks like a bigger worse shooting version of Stauskas.

Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#63 » by d-train » Sat Jul 6, 2019 4:01 am

DusterBuster wrote:
d-train wrote:Mario looks like a bigger worse shooting version of Stauskas.

Or, a more athletic and less cerebral Will Barton.
tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Post#64 » by tor1234567 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:33 am

Skybox wrote:I love this guy as a low price salvage attempt. He’s got all the skills and highlights but hasn’t put it together. He’s big, exciting passer, deep range, athletic, alpha mentality but just hasn’t put it together...never played next to a legit Alpha like Dame. If he gets his head right...I’ll be watching from ORL

He's good, but he's either dumb or just doesn't care about basketball. That comment about signing with the Knicks so he can experience New York, says it all.

He needs a team that can motivate him to play well.

He's a great shooter, passer, super athletic, great size and strength, and has an alpha male mentality... Has all the tools to be a great player.

He's made a few million and is coasting already.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,489

Post#65 » by Skybox » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:50 am

The more I think about it, he's probably never had a season, or stretch of a season, that mattered...I hope he feels what it's like to be on a team that NEEDS to win every night or be massively disappointed. He may fold or flourish with that accountability...I'm excited to watch. His limitations are 100% from the neck up. Flame if you want but I could see him potentially contending for MIP and moving up to a strong 6th man role if Dame and CJ slap him around the right way from the start...I don't know why I still believe in this kid, but...
Goldbum
Analyst
And1: 534

Post#66 » by Goldbum » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:47 pm

Wearing my rose (garden) colored glasses, I really really want to agree with you Skybox. I hope your right, but that’s definitely a best case scenario.
From Portland to Reno to Vegas to LA to SLC and on to HotLanta. Winning at life. Too Blessed to be Stressed
HoopsFanAZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 307

Post#67 » by HoopsFanAZ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:48 pm

Hitting on half of the Olshey Reclamation Projects would be outstanding. 40% is that dividing line for 3 pt marksmen. That’s the context. We’ve seen players NOT used for their strengths and just put in a corner. That did no favors for Batum or Rudy Fernandez — 2 picks in the 20s who are best on the move (with or without the ball). Players like Stauskas and PatConn need to find their best fit. They have NBA skills and abilities. I understand that the Blazers have to maximize their best players, so role players may get slotted into a role that’s hard to expand.

The Hezonja signing is No Risk, Uncertain But Possible High Reward. That’s called giving yourself a chance to win. And Hezonja has a great opportunity as well. No more Knicks trying to develop their young players as they tank. With Hood and Bazemore getting backup SG minutes and the SF minutes (with Little not ready), there are some minutes there. With Whiteside, Collins, and Tolliver, there are PF minutes for the earning. The looks on O will be the best that Hezonja has ever had.

This is a nexus point for Hezonja’s career.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#68 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:51 pm

Skybox wrote:The more I think about it, he's probably never had a season, or stretch of a season, that mattered...I hope he feels what it's like to be on a team that NEEDS to win every night or be massively disappointed. He may fold or flourish with that accountability...I'm excited to watch. His limitations are 100% from the neck up. Flame if you want but I could see him potentially contending for MIP and moving up to a strong 6th man role if Dame and CJ slap him around the right way from the start...I don't know why I still believe in this kid, but...

Same here

Return to Portland Trail Blazers