DLO trade thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#141 » by BW32 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:33 am

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:So I was thinking about how the Timberwolves is probably the most appealing place for DLo to want to get traded to if he is. If I'm the Timberwolves, I start thinking about a player that I *think* the Warriors might want to be included in a package with Covington for DLo.

Okogie is the realistic addition, but I'm not sold on that trade at all.

We should be aiming for KAT. If the Wolves don't like that, whatever we look elsewhere.

This is obviously absurd, no one trades their best player for any reason other than he wants out and KAT hasn't made any noise at all so far.

Personally I would have taken Roco+Okogie with a pick, would have even eaten Dieng's deal instead of Teage since we wouldn't really need caproom in that scenario, we'd be worse while Klay is out but ultimately better when he's back. Now that it's too late for that we'll see who makes what moves by next offseason, hopefully DLo doesn't tank his own value.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#142 » by killmongrel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:56 am

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:So I was thinking about how the Timberwolves is probably the most appealing place for DLo to want to get traded to if he is. If I'm the Timberwolves, I start thinking about a player that I *think* the Warriors might want to be included in a package with Covington for DLo.

We should be aiming for KAT. If the Wolves don't like that, whatever we look elsewhere.
I was moreso thinking about if there are any trades the Wolves can do during the season to set themselves up with a player that they can package with Covington to make a trade more likely with the Warriors next summer.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#143 » by Coxy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 am

jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:

This is ridiculous.

If that's truly your stance then please, look elsewhere.

The Wolves literally have nothing else of interest. No need to get defensive, just reality.
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#144 » by jscott » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:52 am

Coxy wrote:
jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:

This is ridiculous.

The Wolves literally have nothing else of interest. No need to get defensive, just reality.

Not defensive. Just a ridiculous offer.

Russell doesn’t have much value. Might not even be a positive one at all. Many Wolves fans didn’t even want DLo at the cost of Covington let alone KAT. It’s foolish to even offer this.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#145 » by Samurai » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:09 am

jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:
jscott wrote:This is ridiculous.

Russell doesn’t have much value. Might not even be a positive one at all. Many Wolves fans didn’t even want DLo at the cost of Covington let alone KAT. It’s foolish to even offer this.

I understand that people can have different opinions on players. But to just make an unequivocal statement that a 23-year old All Star who averaged 21/4/7 including 37% on 3's "doesn't have much value. Might not even be a positive one at all" borders on a ridiculous take. YOU may not value him, but to state it as if it is a fact just makes no sense.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#146 » by Coxy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:26 am

jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:
jscott wrote:This is ridiculous.

I didn't offer anything, merely suggested the only thing the Warriors should be interested in on that roster is KAT. You then jumped to conclusions dude.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#147 » by iamworthy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#148 » by likemycurryhot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:23 pm

Coxy wrote:
jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I didn't offer anything, merely suggested the only thing the Warriors should be interested in on that roster is KAT. You then jumped to conclusions dude.

I’ve been thinking for a while that KAT is the outside the box move that might actually make sense. Granted, at this point it is pie in the sky. However, if KAT does start grumbling he’d be a great target for us.

It would alter the geometry of the court in ways that we fantasized about in a scenario where we had a healthy Boogie. But Towns has an even higher ceiling than Cuz and would be the foundational piece that transitions us beyond the Splash Brothers era. I would imagine the front office has at least considered this scenario.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#149 » by iamworthy » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 pm

KAT and Russell are best friends. They'd rather play with each other than get traded for one another. KAT is the only reason he was considering the wolves.

Per Jace Frederick of TwinCities.com, Karl-Anthony Towns is simply happy for his good friend:

“I’m happy for him, because he’s happy. This whole offseason, when you’re going through free agency and stuff, so many things are ungiven, and for him to come out with a great contract, first of all, to change his life and his family’s life forever, and his kid’s life, it’s a huge thing for me, because this goes farther than basketball,” Towns said. “This is something we’re talking about where when I have my kids I want him to be their uncle, and when he has his kids, he wants me to be their uncle. This is deeper than basketball. This is family.”
Towns’ words perfectly sum up his friendship with Russell. Deep inside, he would love to have Russell as his teammate. There’s nothing better than two of the best young stars donning the same jersey. But at the end of the day, Karl-Anthony Towns is happy because Russell is at peace.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/timberwolves-news-karl-anthony-towns-has-no-hard-feelings-with-dangelo-russell-going-to-warriors/amp/
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,185

Post#150 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:25 pm

killmongrel
Veteran

Post#151 » by killmongrel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 pm

clyde21 wrote:Image
I think Herro is considered untouchable for the Heat. I like the addition of Winslow.

Id rather just have Winslow+Dragic or Winslow+Waiters.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#152 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:51 pm

Heat fans are already saying Herro is better than Klay :)

Winslow is interesting, but another flawed prospect.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#153 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Heat fans are already saying Herro is better than Klay :)

I love it when fans say stuff like that before a guy has played a single NBA game.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#154 » by azwfan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:00 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Heat fans are already saying Herro is better than Klay :)

I love it when fans say stuff like that before a guy has played a single NBA game.

Remember when Beal and Wall were the better backcourt? :lol:
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
jscott
Veteran

Post#155 » by jscott » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Samurai wrote:
jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:

I understand that people can have different opinions on players. But to just make an unequivocal statement that a 23-year old All Star who averaged 21/4/7 including 37% on 3's "doesn't have much value. Might not even be a positive one at all" borders on a ridiculous take. YOU may not value him, but to state it as if it is a fact just makes no sense.

He had one good season and is signed to a MAX deal. It's not like he is oozing value.

Also, Jeff Teague was an all-star. Does he have that kind of value? Let's not pretend finishing 9th in voting and making it due to injuries in the East gives you legitimacy.

DLo is a solid player who had a nice season last year. If he can repeat it and/or improve he has value. If he goes back to how he was playing before that or somehow doesn't work in the GSW system I don't think he has much positive value at all.
jscott
Veteran

Post#156 » by jscott » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Coxy wrote:
jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:

You're splitting hairs here with the term "offer".

You all were talking about trading DLo and said you wouldn't be interested in Okogie and you should pursue KAT otherwise "look elsewhere".

Call it trade talk or an offer - whatever. It's preposterous.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#157 » by killmongrel » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm

jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:
jscott wrote:Not defensive. Just a ridiculous offer.

You're splitting hairs here with the term "offer".

You all were talking about trading DLo and said you wouldn't be interested in Okogie and you should pursue KAT otherwise "look elsewhere".

Call it trade talk or an offer - whatever. It's preposterous.
Damn, man, you got triggered badly. That poster was just talking about how KAT was the only worthy player on your roster. It's as simple as that. Doubt he even thought it was remotely possible or logical to take him away from the Wolves. Basically, the Wolves have no players the Warriors would want in his opinion. I agree. I would rather ride with DLo than take Covington and whatever other player the Wolves have to offer.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#158 » by Samurai » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:39 pm

jscott wrote:
Samurai wrote:
jscott wrote:Not defensive. Just a ridiculous offer.

He had one good season and is signed to a MAX deal. It's not like he is oozing value.

Also, Jeff Teague was an all-star. Does he have that kind of value? Let's not pretend finishing 9th in voting and making it due to injuries in the East gives you legitimacy.

DLo is a solid player who had a nice season last year. If he can repeat it and/or improve he has value. If he goes back to how he was playing before that or somehow doesn't work in the GSW system I don't think he has much positive value at all.

Again, that's your opinion. Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it a fact.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#159 » by Bayside » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:06 am

If KAT wants to join his friend, as seen throughout the league, what do we need to do to sign or absorb his contract? Since we are hard capped and have few moveable pieces? This makes a lot of sense. Pretty sure they would rather unite for GS.
iamworthy
RealGM

Post#160 » by iamworthy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:41 am

Return to Golden State Warriors