Image ImageImage Image

NBA FA Signings / Available players

Moderators: HomoSapien, Tommy Udo 6 , RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, Payt10, Ice Man, fleet, dougthonus, kulaz3000, GimmeDat, DASMACKDOWN

dice
RealGM
Posts: 33,870
And1: 8,283
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#801 » by dice » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:02 am

panthermark wrote:I don't know what Paxson was thinking with Ronnie Brewer. I never understood that signing. It is like Paxson looked at his FG% and said "oh, this guy is great!"....Brewer was no where near as effective here as he was in Utah. You could see that coming a mile away.

his TS% his first year in chicago was the same as the previous year. it wasn't a utah vs chicago thing. it was a skill in decline thing.
but pax wasn't thinking about that so much as he was thinking about defense. and if brewer was expected to be as impactful offensively as he had been in prior seasons he wouldn't have been available for the money that he was signed for

obviously wes matthews would have been the better signing in retrospect, but he was an undrafted player coming off a not particularly notable rookie season
harden '17-18: 30p 62%ts
MJ chi: 32p 58%ts

me: "JH almost the scorer MJ is"
notorious MJ water carrier/sack shaver: "dur, MJ have much more bigger career playoff PPG"

wasn't a career comparison, clown. you dishonor MJ's legacy
User avatar
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,643
And1: 180
Joined: Jul 24, 2001
Location: San Francisco

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#802 » by KeithBoothfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:22 am

dice wrote:
panthermark wrote:I don't know what Paxson was thinking with Ronnie Brewer. I never understood that signing. It is like Paxson looked at his FG% and said "oh, this guy is great!"....Brewer was no where near as effective here as he was in Utah. You could see that coming a mile away.

his TS% his first year in chicago was the same as the previous year. it wasn't a utah vs chicago thing. it was a skill in decline thing.
but pax wasn't thinking about that so much as he was thinking about defense. and if brewer was expected to be as impactful offensively as he had been in prior seasons he wouldn't have been available for the money that he was signed for

obviously wes matthews would have been the better signing in retrospect, but he was an undrafted player coming off a not particularly notable rookie season


Also, JJ Redick was Pax's first choice to man the SG spot (edit - other than Wade or Joe Johnson, at least) - they gave him an offer sheet that seemed like a fairly big overpay to try to pry him away from Orlando, but they matched anyway. JJ's defense might have driven Thibs batty at times, but he would have been better than anyone we ended up playing there. In the hindsight of the Jazz kinda surprisingly not matching the offer sheet to Matthews at a salary the Bulls could have offered, he would have been the best choice of the available options, but Redick was a good choice too.
Can I borrow a feeling?


Care for a ViciousFlogging? I'm your guy!
dice
RealGM
Posts: 33,870
And1: 8,283
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#803 » by dice » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:05 am

KeithBoothfan wrote:
dice wrote:
panthermark wrote:I don't know what Paxson was thinking with Ronnie Brewer. I never understood that signing. It is like Paxson looked at his FG% and said "oh, this guy is great!"....Brewer was no where near as effective here as he was in Utah. You could see that coming a mile away.

his TS% his first year in chicago was the same as the previous year. it wasn't a utah vs chicago thing. it was a skill in decline thing.
but pax wasn't thinking about that so much as he was thinking about defense. and if brewer was expected to be as impactful offensively as he had been in prior seasons he wouldn't have been available for the money that he was signed for

obviously wes matthews would have been the better signing in retrospect, but he was an undrafted player coming off a not particularly notable rookie season


Also, JJ Redick was Pax's first choice to man the SG spot (edit - other than Wade or Joe Johnson, at least) - they gave him an offer sheet that seemed like a fairly big overpay to try to pry him away from Orlando, but they matched anyway. JJ's defense might have driven Thibs batty at times, but he would have been better than anyone we ended up playing there. In the hindsight of the Jazz kinda surprisingly not matching the offer sheet to Matthews at a salary the Bulls could have offered, he would have been the best choice of the available options, but Redick was a good choice too.

forgot about that. good call
harden '17-18: 30p 62%ts
MJ chi: 32p 58%ts

me: "JH almost the scorer MJ is"
notorious MJ water carrier/sack shaver: "dur, MJ have much more bigger career playoff PPG"

wasn't a career comparison, clown. you dishonor MJ's legacy
User avatar
MrFortune3
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,730
And1: 1,561
Joined: Jul 03, 2010
         

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#804 » by MrFortune3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:20 am

KeithBoothfan wrote:
dice wrote:
panthermark wrote:I don't know what Paxson was thinking with Ronnie Brewer. I never understood that signing. It is like Paxson looked at his FG% and said "oh, this guy is great!"....Brewer was no where near as effective here as he was in Utah. You could see that coming a mile away.

his TS% his first year in chicago was the same as the previous year. it wasn't a utah vs chicago thing. it was a skill in decline thing.
but pax wasn't thinking about that so much as he was thinking about defense. and if brewer was expected to be as impactful offensively as he had been in prior seasons he wouldn't have been available for the money that he was signed for

obviously wes matthews would have been the better signing in retrospect, but he was an undrafted player coming off a not particularly notable rookie season


Also, JJ Redick was Pax's first choice to man the SG spot (edit - other than Wade or Joe Johnson, at least) - they gave him an offer sheet that seemed like a fairly big overpay to try to pry him away from Orlando, but they matched anyway. JJ's defense might have driven Thibs batty at times, but he would have been better than anyone we ended up playing there. In the hindsight of the Jazz kinda surprisingly not matching the offer sheet to Matthews at a salary the Bulls could have offered, he would have been the best choice of the available options, but Redick was a good choice too.


I remember that, I was half pissed off and half intrigued when they offered him that contract.
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,153
And1: 15,886
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#805 » by GimmeDat » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Guys - Orlando just used up both their 2 way spots on Amile Jefferson and Josh Magette. That means they won't be retaining Daquan Jeffries.

Was a early 2nd on my board and many others rate him. Had a really good Summer League too. Great defender, really strong/athletic, and can shoot. Was 2nd in DPIPM in all of SL.

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter




I really want Jeffries on our other 2 way deal. It's a pity we can't just ditch someone like Felicio or Blakeney and just give him a full spot, straight up. He's good.
sco
RealGM
Posts: 14,209
And1: 3,527
Joined: Sep 22, 2003
Location: Virtually Everywhere!

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#806 » by sco » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:46 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Guys - Orlando just used up both their 2 way spots on Amile Jefferson and Josh Magette. That means they won't be retaining Daquan Jeffries.

Was a early 2nd on my board and many others rate him. Had a really good Summer League too. Great defender, really strong/athletic, and can shoot. Was 2nd in DPIPM in all of SL.

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter




I really want Jeffries on our other 2 way deal. It's a pity we can't just ditch someone like Felicio or Blakeney and just give him a full spot, straight up. He's good.

Yeah, I'm wondering what we do with that 2nd 2-way deal. I read somewhere that Boston was having some difficulty executing on their Tacko Fall contract. I'd totally nab that dude if we could. IDC if already have 4 C's. I think Tacko is gonna be a player in this league.
:clap:
Chitownbulls
General Manager
Posts: 8,573
And1: 2,462
Joined: Jun 05, 2013

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#807 » by Chitownbulls » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 pm

kulaz3000 wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
dice wrote:were all the other GMs/coaches ignorant and foolish to not trade more than second round picks for j.r.?


That’s not the point. The Bulls already had JR Smith and Paxson dumped him for nothing because he wasn’t “ his kind of guy.” You can’t be that closed minded in this business. Also this being a hard working good citizen stuff is really not as important as Paxson makes it out to be. Finding guys that will help your team win and get to the next level is what is important. If Paxson were the GM in 96 does he pass on Rodman for those same reasons? You can’t maximize your success if you are unwilling to take calculated risks when necessary.


You can not compare adding someone like Rodman to the Bulls when they had estabished alpha leaders like Jordan, Pippen and Jackson. Or when JR had LeBron to crack him into shape. Compares to someone like Rodman or JR being added to a young and impressionable team. You're not making a fair comparision without also factoring in the unique situations of both teams.

That said, I don't disagree that there are situations where calculated risk should be made, and Paxson has shown he can make those types of decisions at times, when he signed Rondo who had his own reputatoins as a prickly player, as well as Ben Wallace. Both failed of sorts, however, let's not act like he only ever brings in only good character guys through and through because he only plays it safe.


GARPAX thinnking.. PASS ON TALENT, Give me the
Aaron Gray, Cameron Bairtoes, Paul Zipser, Erik Murphy, Joeffrey Louvergne, Jerian Grant, Cam Payne & Ryan Arcidiaconos of the basketball world!
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Chitownbulls
General Manager
Posts: 8,573
And1: 2,462
Joined: Jun 05, 2013

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#808 » by Chitownbulls » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:03 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
dice wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
Paxson just dumped JR Smith for nothing and then in the fall he comes back and drops 30 on them. He could have helped that Bulls team. If he really wanted to trade him at least try to get some value back.

:lol:

NOBODY wanted j.r. smith. he was a #18 pick pick with an attitude problem who lost his starting job to rasual butler in new orleans and then fell out of the lineup entirely. getting 2 second rounders for a former #18 pick who was looking like he might wash out of the league was hardly a poor return. and you wanted us to keep him to play for SCOTT SKILES? i think not


What a ridiculous take.

Yet he ended up being a good player in DEN and helped CLE win a chip.

But I guess that exciting 07/08 Bulls season was far better than having a good player.

Skiles and Pax were both idiots.

I’m not saying they should’ve coddled and treated JR, but atleast give the guy a chance. See if the “good culture” guys can help him, or if the bigger market change of scenery helps. Don’t dump him for air.



This is exactly what people mean when they say "Chicago has poor leadership"

They are WEAK MINDED, got to be a "good ol boy" to play here!
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Chitownbulls
General Manager
Posts: 8,573
And1: 2,462
Joined: Jun 05, 2013

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#809 » by Chitownbulls » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Am2626 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
That’s not the point. The Bulls already had JR Smith and Paxson dumped him for nothing because he wasn’t “ his kind of guy.” You can’t be that closed minded in this business. Also this being a hard working good citizen stuff is really not as important as Paxson makes it out to be. Finding guys that will help your team win and get to the next level is what is important. If Paxson were the GM in 96 does he pass on Rodman for those same reasons? You can’t maximize your success if you are unwilling to take calculated risks when necessary.


You can not compare adding someone like Rodman to the Bulls when they had estabished alpha leaders like Jordan, Pippen and Jackson. Or when JR had LeBron to crack him into shape. Compares to someone like Rodman or JR being added to a young and impressionable team. You're not making a fair comparision without also factoring in the unique situations of both teams.

That said, I don't disagree that there are situations where calculated risk should be made, and Paxson has shown he can make those types of decisions at times, when he signed Rondo who had his own reputatoins as a prickly player, as well as Ben Wallace. Both failed of sorts, however, let's not act like he only ever brings in only good character guys through and through because he only plays it safe.


That Bulls team had some vets in Ben Wallace and PJ Brown came over in that trade. I really don’t see JR Smith impacting or affecting guys like Deng, Gordon, or Hinrich. One could argue that a disciplinarian like Skiles was what JR Smith needed to reach his potential at that age. Regardless it was a mistake to dump him like that. At least hold on to him and see what happens. If it doesn’t work then dump him. If it does, then maybe the Bulls have the 2 guard they didn’t have in 2010 when they lost to the Heat in the ECF.


Traded a offensive skilled player just entering his 20s for a washed up, about to retire PJ Brown lol

NOT A GOOD TRADE
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Chitownbulls
General Manager
Posts: 8,573
And1: 2,462
Joined: Jun 05, 2013

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#810 » by Chitownbulls » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:07 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:
KeithBoothfan wrote:
dice wrote:his TS% his first year in chicago was the same as the previous year. it wasn't a utah vs chicago thing. it was a skill in decline thing.
but pax wasn't thinking about that so much as he was thinking about defense. and if brewer was expected to be as impactful offensively as he had been in prior seasons he wouldn't have been available for the money that he was signed for

obviously wes matthews would have been the better signing in retrospect, but he was an undrafted player coming off a not particularly notable rookie season


Also, JJ Redick was Pax's first choice to man the SG spot (edit - other than Wade or Joe Johnson, at least) - they gave him an offer sheet that seemed like a fairly big overpay to try to pry him away from Orlando, but they matched anyway. JJ's defense might have driven Thibs batty at times, but he would have been better than anyone we ended up playing there. In the hindsight of the Jazz kinda surprisingly not matching the offer sheet to Matthews at a salary the Bulls could have offered, he would have been the best choice of the available options, but Redick was a good choice too.


I remember that, I was half pissed off and half intrigued when they offered him that contract.


Oh man I was pissed lol love JJ but we shouldn't have offered him that type of money.
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
Chitownbulls
General Manager
Posts: 8,573
And1: 2,462
Joined: Jun 05, 2013

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#811 » by Chitownbulls » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:11 pm

GimmeDat wrote:Guys - Orlando just used up both their 2 way spots on Amile Jefferson and Josh Magette. That means they won't be retaining Daquan Jeffries.

Was a early 2nd on my board and many others rate him. Had a really good Summer League too. Great defender, really strong/athletic, and can shoot. Was 2nd in DPIPM in all of SL.

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter




I really want Jeffries on our other 2 way deal. It's a pity we can't just ditch someone like Felicio or Blakeney and just give him a full spot, straight up. He's good.


This is exactly what I was talking about a couple weeks ago....Bulls locked up their entire roster before summer league started. Before we could even see who will be available, this is lazy general managing. What can we offer these guys? Do we have a 2 way contract still?

This is the type of kid to invest in. Elite Athleticism...now help groom him to be a 3&D player.
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
dice
RealGM
Posts: 33,870
And1: 8,283
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#812 » by dice » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
That’s not the point. The Bulls already had JR Smith and Paxson dumped him for nothing because he wasn’t “ his kind of guy.” You can’t be that closed minded in this business. Also this being a hard working good citizen stuff is really not as important as Paxson makes it out to be. Finding guys that will help your team win and get to the next level is what is important. If Paxson were the GM in 96 does he pass on Rodman for those same reasons? You can’t maximize your success if you are unwilling to take calculated risks when necessary.


You can not compare adding someone like Rodman to the Bulls when they had estabished alpha leaders like Jordan, Pippen and Jackson. Or when JR had LeBron to crack him into shape. Compares to someone like Rodman or JR being added to a young and impressionable team. You're not making a fair comparision without also factoring in the unique situations of both teams.

That said, I don't disagree that there are situations where calculated risk should be made, and Paxson has shown he can make those types of decisions at times, when he signed Rondo who had his own reputatoins as a prickly player, as well as Ben Wallace. Both failed of sorts, however, let's not act like he only ever brings in only good character guys through and through because he only plays it safe.


GARPAX thinnking.. PASS ON TALENT, Give me the
Aaron Gray, Cameron Bairtoes, Paul Zipser, Erik Murphy, Joeffrey Louvergne, Jerian Grant, Cam Payne & Ryan Arcidiaconos of the basketball world!

you know your argument is failing when you resort to complaining about 2nd round picks, very few of whom ever have serious "talent"

oh, and "talent" is completely meaningless. production is all that matters. gimme mark jackson, brad miller, andre miller and ginobili over kwame, darko, beasley, wiggins, josh smith, darius miles, derrick coleman and "baby jordan" all day
harden '17-18: 30p 62%ts
MJ chi: 32p 58%ts

me: "JH almost the scorer MJ is"
notorious MJ water carrier/sack shaver: "dur, MJ have much more bigger career playoff PPG"

wasn't a career comparison, clown. you dishonor MJ's legacy
dice
RealGM
Posts: 33,870
And1: 8,283
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#813 » by dice » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:
You can not compare adding someone like Rodman to the Bulls when they had estabished alpha leaders like Jordan, Pippen and Jackson. Or when JR had LeBron to crack him into shape. Compares to someone like Rodman or JR being added to a young and impressionable team. You're not making a fair comparision without also factoring in the unique situations of both teams.

That said, I don't disagree that there are situations where calculated risk should be made, and Paxson has shown he can make those types of decisions at times, when he signed Rondo who had his own reputatoins as a prickly player, as well as Ben Wallace. Both failed of sorts, however, let's not act like he only ever brings in only good character guys through and through because he only plays it safe.


That Bulls team had some vets in Ben Wallace and PJ Brown came over in that trade. I really don’t see JR Smith impacting or affecting guys like Deng, Gordon, or Hinrich. One could argue that a disciplinarian like Skiles was what JR Smith needed to reach his potential at that age. Regardless it was a mistake to dump him like that. At least hold on to him and see what happens. If it doesn’t work then dump him. If it does, then maybe the Bulls have the 2 guard they didn’t have in 2010 when they lost to the Heat in the ECF.


Traded a offensive skilled player just entering his 20s for a washed up, about to retire PJ Brown lol

you are completely neglecting context lulz

the chandler trade was a salary dump with ben wallace coming in. it wasn't because pax thought that pj brown was the better player. you're only fooling naive rubes with that disingenuous clown argument
harden '17-18: 30p 62%ts
MJ chi: 32p 58%ts

me: "JH almost the scorer MJ is"
notorious MJ water carrier/sack shaver: "dur, MJ have much more bigger career playoff PPG"

wasn't a career comparison, clown. you dishonor MJ's legacy
MrSparkle
RealGM
Posts: 14,527
And1: 4,276
Joined: Jul 31, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#814 » by MrSparkle » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:48 pm

dice wrote:
Chitownbulls wrote:
Am2626 wrote:
That Bulls team had some vets in Ben Wallace and PJ Brown came over in that trade. I really don’t see JR Smith impacting or affecting guys like Deng, Gordon, or Hinrich. One could argue that a disciplinarian like Skiles was what JR Smith needed to reach his potential at that age. Regardless it was a mistake to dump him like that. At least hold on to him and see what happens. If it doesn’t work then dump him. If it does, then maybe the Bulls have the 2 guard they didn’t have in 2010 when they lost to the Heat in the ECF.


Traded a offensive skilled player just entering his 20s for a washed up, about to retire PJ Brown lol

you are completely neglecting context lulz

the chandler trade was a salary dump with ben wallace coming in. it wasn't because pax thought that pj brown was the better player. you're only fooling naive rubes with that disingenuous clown argument


CLearly Pax made a great player evaluation replacing Chandler’s cap space Ben Wallace.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
Posts: 8,573
And1: 2,462
Joined: Jun 05, 2013

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#815 » by Chitownbulls » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:11 pm

Dallas Mavericks are releasing Giannis Antetokounmpo's brother Kostas....Bulls should sign him! Giannis needs to start thinking about Chicago! Give us a POSSIBLE recruiting tool.
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
dice
RealGM
Posts: 33,870
And1: 8,283
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Location: chicago

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#816 » by dice » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:39 pm

MrSparkle wrote:
dice wrote:
Chitownbulls wrote:
Traded a offensive skilled player just entering his 20s for a washed up, about to retire PJ Brown lol

you are completely neglecting context lulz

the chandler trade was a salary dump with ben wallace coming in. it wasn't because pax thought that pj brown was the better player. you're only fooling naive rubes with that disingenuous clown argument


CLearly Pax made a great player evaluation replacing Chandler’s cap space Ben Wallace.

way to miss the point. that's an entirely different argument

and ben was initially better than chandler. coming off 4 consecutive DPOYs. nobody could have predicted his meltdown, nor that tyson chandler would have a long and productive career - he himself said that the change of scenery did him a world of good
harden '17-18: 30p 62%ts
MJ chi: 32p 58%ts

me: "JH almost the scorer MJ is"
notorious MJ water carrier/sack shaver: "dur, MJ have much more bigger career playoff PPG"

wasn't a career comparison, clown. you dishonor MJ's legacy
User avatar
GhostOfChicago
General Manager
Posts: 9,347
And1: 8,163
Joined: Nov 02, 2013
 

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#817 » by GhostOfChicago » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:Dallas Mavericks are releasing Giannis Antetokounmpo's brother Kostas....Bulls should sign him! Giannis needs to start thinking about Chicago! Give us a POSSIBLE recruiting tool.


Toronto is claiming him off waivers per reports.
Image
The best there ever was. The best there ever will be.
User avatar
Red Larrivee
RealGM
Posts: 41,543
And1: 17,973
Joined: Feb 15, 2007
Location: Hogging Microphone Time From Tom Dore

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#818 » by Red Larrivee » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:52 pm

Chitownbulls wrote:This is exactly what I was talking about a couple weeks ago....Bulls locked up their entire roster before summer league started. Before we could even see who will be available, this is lazy general managing. What can we offer these guys? Do we have a 2 way contract still?

This is the type of kid to invest in. Elite Athleticism...now help groom him to be a 3&D player.


Two things:

1. There is nothing preventing the Bulls from signing him. Roster sizes expand to 20 during the offseason. They could sign him to a training camp deal right now.

2. Daquan Jeffries is still a free agent. Meaning, every team in the NBA has yet to sign "the type of kid you invest in" despite three opportunities to do so: During the draft, after the draft, and after summer league.
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,153
And1: 15,886
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#819 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:50 am

sco wrote:Yeah, I'm wondering what we do with that 2nd 2-way deal. I read somewhere that Boston was having some difficulty executing on their Tacko Fall contract. I'd totally nab that dude if we could. IDC if already have 4 C's. I think Tacko is gonna be a player in this league.


Tacko's probably not the worst 2 way pickup in the world, but he doesn't really do anything for me.

Jeffries, however, I'd be absolutely stoked to get.

Chitownbulls wrote:
This is exactly what I was talking about a couple weeks ago....Bulls locked up their entire roster before summer league started. Before we could even see who will be available, this is lazy general managing. What can we offer these guys? Do we have a 2 way contract still?

This is the type of kid to invest in. Elite Athleticism...now help groom him to be a 3&D player.


Yeah we still have a 2 way.
User avatar
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
Posts: 23,153
And1: 15,886
Joined: Sep 27, 2013
Location: Australia
 

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#820 » by GimmeDat » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:53 am

Also, I know some are getting excited on Kostas Antetekounmpo based on the name value, but he's not really good from everything I've seen. Very limited offensive game basically limited to dunks, and a decent shot blocker, but the skill level is just not really there. There's a reason he was waived. He's nearly 22 now too.

The thing I really like about Jeffries, he's not just toolsy. He has a great feel for the game, plays within his role, sneaky good passer, and an exceptionally smart defensive player. Also, my opinion of him is even higher than before the draft, because in college he was considered as a purely spot up guy, and he flashed some very comfortable off the dribble stuff in SL.

Return to Chicago Bulls