Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: ATL: Westbrook traded for Chris Paul and picks, pg 51 

Post#1381 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:09 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:True. Although I think a strong Euroleague team would be a better idea for guys of that caliber, more games, more competitive, and about the same visibility to NBA execs.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

What “strong Euroleague team” would play him enough for worthwhile development? Not seeing it. Firm believer that 90% of American guys (or products of the American basketball system) shouldn’t go to Europe until they’re like 25. Lot of confidence killing coaches/situations over there.

I mean some of the best teams over there have Kostas Koufos as their highest paid star, I'm sure one of them will find 20mins for a hard working genetic freak with a Europpassport. And if not one of the top teams then move one tier down until you find a good match.

Sent from my SM-A705YN using Tapatalk

Yeah, agree to disagree. Feel like the Raptors/905 2-way is the perfect landing spot. Emphasis on development as opposed to the pressure of wins, guaranteed reps in G-league and time around top tier vets who just won a title. A year from now he might be good enough to play 20 minutes on a quality Euroleague team if he develops/doesn’t stick in the NBA z
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1382 » by Beorn » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 am

The Koufos contract is a **** albatross, WTF CSKA. If you ask me, the ideal scenario for Kostas' development would involve playing a couple of years in a good BCL team, the take the leap to a low-level EL team and wind up to a guaranteed contract in the NBA by the age he is 25-26. Raptors is a good organisation though, their dleague program has been pumping out player for a while
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#1383 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:54 am

Is Kostas more raw than Bruno Caboclo was? That's the type of project I see him as. I haven't really watched Kostas play much. Obviously Kostas is raw but does he have a semblance of a jumpshot or dribble game? Anything going for him?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1384 » by raferfenix » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:48 pm

So the Wizards' next GM comes in house from someone who has been there for 20 years.

Figure outside interest must have been real tepid.

What's going on in Washington? We think this makes a Beal trade more or less likely?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/254950/Wizards-Name-Tommy-Sheppard-Permanent-General-Manager
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1385 » by WRau1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:02 pm

That franchise is a wreck.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,337

Post#1386 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:10 pm

WRau1 wrote:That franchise is a wreck.

I can't believe how long they let Grunfeld stay. Grunfeld often gets "credit" for the last Bucks ECF.team. Except all the talent was already here before Grunfeld was hired. Dog, Ray, Cassell, Williams, Thomas. All Grunfeld did was dismantle that team (along with Karl). Just an awful GM
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1387 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:13 pm

At least Washington has Beal as a trade asset. Charlotte on the other hand..
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,519

Post#1388 » by Profound23 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:23 pm

The Harden headline is hilarious. “Working on a new move that looks like travel, but isn’t a travel.” Lol!
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#1389 » by mattg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:29 pm

H2tObes wrote:Is Kostas more raw than Bruno Caboclo was? That's the type of project I see him as. I haven't really watched Kostas play much. Obviously Kostas is raw but does he have a semblance of a jumpshot or dribble game? Anything going for him?

He literally has zero skill level imo. Seems like strictly a rim runner who maybe has the upside to develop a face up driving game with time?
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,383

Post#1390 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:20 am

Is anybody willing to put together or direct me to a total depth chart for the NBA next year? I'm interested to see how the whole landscape looks now that things have settled down. I feel like somebody already has this document made. :)
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1391 » by bizarro » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:25 am

GoldenAntlers wrote:Is anybody willing to put together or direct me to a total depth chart for the NBA next year? I'm interested to see how the whole landscape looks now that things have settled down. I feel like somebody already has this document made. :)

Up-to-date for the most part:

https://www.lineups.com/nba/depth-charts
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,383

Post#1392 » by GoldenAntlers » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:47 am

bizarro wrote:
GoldenAntlers wrote:Is anybody willing to put together or direct me to a total depth chart for the NBA next year? I'm interested to see how the whole landscape looks now that things have settled down. I feel like somebody already has this document made. :)

Up-to-date for the most part:

https://www.lineups.com/nba/depth-charts
Great. Thanks!
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,659

Post#1393 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:40 am

I give Charlotte a break for at least trying to compete. Phoenix on the other hand gets zero sympathy from me. That organization is a complete clown show from the top down. All those draft picks and nothing to show for it. Then, what do they do this year? Ship off TJ Warren for absolutely nothing, take one of the biggest reaches in the last decade of the draft and follow that up by guaranteeing Ricky Rubio 51 million dollars over the next 3 years. What is their timeline, what is their identity? Hell, they might as well have made a play for Chris Paul this offseason.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,719

Post#1394 » by emunney » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:34 pm

Have been so focused on us that I hadn't thought until now about how good that all Staples playoff series should be.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1395 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm

emunney wrote:Have been so focused on us that I hadn't thought until now about how good that all Staples playoff series should be.

It would be, but It'd also be really weird for a title contending home team to have the bulk of the people in the building cheering against them. Clips desperately need their own arena.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,746

Post#1396 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:48 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
emunney wrote:Have been so focused on us that I hadn't thought until now about how good that all Staples playoff series should be.

It would be, but It'd also be really weird for a title contending home team to have the bulk of the people in the building cheering against them. Clips desperately need their own arena.

I think LA is filled with front runners, and tons of basketball fans there will suddenly become lifelong Clippers fans.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1397 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:52 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

I think LA is filled with front runners, and tons of basketball fans there will suddenly become lifelong Clippers fans.

They'd definitely jump ship if the Lakers are out of it, but head to head it's not even close. It's a Laker town through and through.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#1398 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:57 pm

I get that it is a Laker town.

Clips have the best all around player (Kawhi), the better coach, the better and younger roster, and more perimeter scoring. I think the Lakers are the Lakers bla bla bla. They will always have a steady following. But the substantial amount of fair weather fans are going to start pulling for the Clips once they rise to the top of the standings. And yeah, if the Clips won a head to head series, it would be huge in attracting a major piece of the fanbase.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant

Post#1399 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Also, half of Canada will be under their covers on those long cold February nights, listening to Clips games on their walkman radios (which is relatively new technology up there) and secretly cheering for Kawhi.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Post#1400 » by raferfenix » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:22 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:At least Washington has Beal as a trade asset.

What kind of trade value do we think Beal has?

Using him to dump Wall would sap a significant amount of it. But you'd think that would be highly attractive to ownership.

Not sure if there are other front offices other than Riley who'd be willing to take that monstrosity of a deal even with Beal attached.

And I wouldn't really believe Miami would ultimately do it either except it's Pat Riley and he's old and wants to win and the East is wide open.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks