ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#741 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:48 am

clyde21 wrote:i also like the DLo for Gordon package Coxy proposed a while ago.

Fixed it.

Don't steal my trade ideas.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#742 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 am

How do the Warriors go about using the TEs from Memphis and Brooklyn? Can they be used to combine for the salary of a player that is traded to a team?
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,125

Post#743 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:00 am

Coxy wrote:

Fixed it.

pretty sure I was the first one to propose the Aaron Gordon idea :D
Coxy
RealGM

Post#744 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:22 am

clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Fixed it.

If the trade happens, I'm getting the cred. You stick to your gross Draymond Green for Tyler Herro putrid trades and leave my masterful trade alone please. :pityfool:
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#745 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 am

The Wolves have a lot of capspace in 2020. If they sign a player, how long do they have to wait until they can trade said player?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#746 » by azwfan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:12 am

I'm looking around for players that could be available next summer for us to use our TPE (where it could seem reasonable for the current team to look to rid themselves of the salary for one reason or another).

Cody Zeller - CHA
Tony Snell - DET
TJ Warren - IND
Eric Bledsoe - MIL
Wayne Ellington - NYK
Taj Gibson - NYK
Evan Fornier - ORL
Norman Powell - TOR
Will Barton - DEN
Dennis Schroeder - OKC
Patty Mills - SA
Kelly Olynk - MIA
Dion Waiters - MIA
James Johnson - MIA

There is some doo doo here, but also a few potential a depth pieces. At least its not impossible to envision a scenario where we get a 7th or 8th man... hopefully (?).
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#747 » by azwfan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:23 am

Coxy wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Fixed it.

If the trade happens, I'm getting the cred. You stick to your gross Draymond Green for Tyler Herro putrid trades and leave my masterful trade alone please. :pityfool:

This alone should make you rethink the masterful-ness of your trade.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#748 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:56 am

azwfan wrote:I'm looking around for players that could be available next summer for us to use our TPE (where it could seem reasonable for the current team to look to rid themselves of the salary for one reason or another).

Cody Zeller - CHA
Tony Snell - DET
TJ Warren - IND
Eric Bledsoe - MIL
Wayne Ellington - NYK
Taj Gibson - NYK
Evan Fornier - ORL
Norman Powell - TOR
Will Barton - DEN
Dennis Schroeder - OKC
Patty Mills - SA
Kelly Olynk - MIA
Dion Waiters - MIA
James Johnson - MIA

There is some doo doo here, but also a few potential a depth pieces. At least its not impossible to envision a scenario where we get a 7th or 8th man... hopefully (?).

Will Barton would be a good add, as would TJ Warren.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#749 » by killmongrel » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:08 pm

azwfan wrote:I'm looking around for players that could be available next summer for us to use our TPE (where it could seem reasonable for the current team to look to rid themselves of the salary for one reason or another).

Cody Zeller - CHA
Tony Snell - DET
TJ Warren - IND
Eric Bledsoe - MIL
Wayne Ellington - NYK
Taj Gibson - NYK
Evan Fornier - ORL
Norman Powell - TOR
Will Barton - DEN
Dennis Schroeder - OKC
Patty Mills - SA
Kelly Olynk - MIA
Dion Waiters - MIA
James Johnson - MIA

Wayne Ellington, Taj Gibson, Will Barton, and Dion Waiters could all probably be had with picks attached. I know that asset collecting is the only the reason the Knicks are signing some of these guys like Ellington and Taj. I think that Denver might want to move on from Barton since he's been relegated to coming off the bench. And I know that Miami is ready to get rid of Dion Waiters. But are these players worth it for depth and in some cases for only 1 year? It's better than nothing I suppose.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#750 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:55 am

Torrey Craig from the Nuggets is an under the radar imrpoving player. They are stacked and deep. If we could possibly get in on Craig he could be a really good piece.

I've always loved the idea of Barton since he was on the Blazers. So if he made it our way, I'd love that as well.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,297

Post#751 » by NotACat » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:22 pm

Hey folks, Magic fan here. I really don't think our FO would entertain the idea of AG for D'Lo until we see what Chuma Okeke can do for us. He's a phenomenal player on a VERY team friendly deal, I just think it'll take more than D'Lo to get him.

In the meantime, we will get to see the progress that Bamba makes and if he makes big strides and Fultz does not, I'm curious to see what your fan base thinks of this deal right before the all-star break:

to Orlando:
-D'Lo
-Kevon Looney

to GS:
-Vucevic
-DJ Augustine (on an expiring contract)
Black Lives Matter
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#752 » by BW32 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:26 pm

Vucevic is bad money, DLo might be but atleast it's till in the air.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#753 » by killmongrel » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:30 pm

NotACat wrote:Hey folks, Magic fan here. I really don't think our FO would entertain the idea of AG for D'Lo until we see what Chuma Okeke can do for us. He's a phenomenal player on a VERY team friendly deal, I just think it'll take more than D'Lo to get him.

In the meantime, we will get to see the progress that Bamba makes and if he makes big strides and Fultz does not, I'm curious to see what your fan base thinks of this deal right before the all-star break:

to Orlando:
-D'Lo
-Kevon Looney

to GS:
-Vucevic
Zero chance. Looney is considered as a foundation of our team right now. He's on a team friendly deal. Young. And if he takes a leap this year, he's not going anywhere. And any deal that has the Ws trading DLO either has to involve getting a super star in return, or depth in positions we need. Vucevic and DJ are neither of those.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#754 » by BigRedDog » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:42 am

Im not sure you have the salaries to make it work but Marvin Williams would be a nice acquisition. He was a great option to replace Barnes if you guys had not gotten Durant as they have very similar games. Obviously, Barnes is a bit better shooter and Marv is the far better defender/rim protector but they offer similar stretchy 4 roles on offense and fit well in switch schemes defensively.

Marv has the added benefit of being a really good smallball defensive center that would pair well with Draymond at the 4 to give you enough shooting around a Curry/Draymond PNR.

I don't think it works in a trade but if we buy him out he would definitely mkae a lot of sense for the Warriors. Could obviously see him ring chase with you guys next year.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#755 » by killmongrel » Fri Aug 9, 2019 6:41 pm

BigRedDog wrote:Im not sure you have the salaries to make it work but Marvin Williams would be a nice acquisition. He was a great option to replace Barnes if you guys had not gotten Durant as they have very similar games. Obviously, Barnes is a bit better shooter and Marv is the far better defender/rim protector but they offer similar stretchy 4 roles on offense and fit well in switch schemes defensively.

Marv has the added benefit of being a really good smallball defensive center that would pair well with Draymond at the 4 to give you enough shooting around a Curry/Draymond PNR.

I don't think it works in a trade but if we buy him out he would definitely mkae a lot of sense for the Warriors. Could obviously see him ring chase with you guys next year.
At the moment, the Warriors no. 1 target would be a player who can play small forward. But the Warriors have no means or intentions trade at the moment and most likely will not be doing any trades either this season.

Marvin Williams is an interesting player, especially if he's bought out, but the power forward position is actually where the Warriors might be crowded at actually. Green obviously is the starter. And Looney can come off the bench for either the 4 or 5. The rookie Paschall might actually be the backup at the 4 if Looney plays more at the 5. Then the Warriors also have the second-year rookie Spellman as well who can play at the 4 and 5. There's also the other rookie Smailagic who might be used like the others.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#756 » by BigRedDog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:26 pm

killmongrel wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:Im not sure you have the salaries to make it work but Marvin Williams would be a nice acquisition. He was a great option to replace Barnes if you guys had not gotten Durant as they have very similar games. Obviously, Barnes is a bit better shooter and Marv is the far better defender/rim protector but they offer similar stretchy 4 roles on offense and fit well in switch schemes defensively.

At the moment, the Warriors no. 1 target would be a player who can play small forward. But the Warriors have no means or intentions trade at the moment and most likely will not be doing any trades either this season.

Marvin Williams is an interesting player, especially if he's bought out, but the power forward position is actually where the Warriors might be crowded at actually. Green obviously is the starter. And Looney can come off the bench for either the 4 or 5. The rookie Paschall might actually be the backup at the 4 if Looney plays more at the 5. Then the Warriors also have the second-year rookie Spellman as well who can play at the 4 and 5. There's also the other rookie Smailagic who might be used like the others.

Marv can play the 3 but he's better suited at the 4 where he doesn't have to chase faster players around. He's better as a rim protector as he's good at drawing charges, rotating, and contesting shots than he is defending on the ball.

I think he winds up in GSW next season as a free agent. Especially if WCS leaves and you need another big. I know there was some mutual interest a few off-seasons ago as Harrison Barnes replacement. Marv is actually probably best suited as a smallball 5 these days. Sorta like David West with a bit more range. He'd be much better than spellman who is a foul magnet.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#757 » by Coxy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:44 am

BigRedDog wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Marv can play the 3 but he's better suited at the 4 where he doesn't have to chase faster players around. He's better as a rim protector as he's good at drawing charges, rotating, and contesting shots than he is defending on the ball.

I think he winds up in GSW next season as a free agent. Especially if WCS leaves and you need another big. I know there was some mutual interest a few off-seasons ago as Harrison Barnes replacement. Marv is actually probably best suited as a smallball 5 these days. Sorta like David West with a bit more range. He'd be much better than spellman who is a foul magnet.

I never heard that, where was that mentioned?
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#758 » by shazam_guy » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:14 am

In reply to Omari Spellman, "foul magnet":

DGreen was more of a foul magnet when he was fat, too. Being slow makes you grabby.

Let's see what being around Draymond does to Spellman and his physical conditioning before we consider him expendable. Also whatever our reasonably smart coaching staff may be able to do with him.
Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Post#759 » by Commodor » Fri Oct 4, 2019 11:21 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7238024

Different idea on a DLO trade:

Dlo & Poole

For

Jaylen Brown & Gordon Hayward.

Hayward would need to be moved next year as an expiring to keep brown. But gives us a more balanced roster IMO. Hayward moves to 6th man when Klay returns.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,808

Post#760 » by giberish » Sat Oct 5, 2019 2:15 am

NotACat wrote:Hey folks, Magic fan here. I really don't think our FO would entertain the idea of AG for D'Lo until we see what Chuma Okeke can do for us. He's a phenomenal player on a VERY team friendly deal, I just think it'll take more than D'Lo to get him.

to Orlando:
-D'Lo
-Kevon Looney

to GS:
-Vucevic

I like Vuc more then most, but it just doesn't work for GS. They're already wildly thin on the perimeter and just can't tie up that much money/assets in the center spot.

Return to Golden State Warriors