ImageImageImage

Timberwolves free agency

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,703

Re: Timberwolves free agency 

Post#361 » by minimus » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:16 am

Klomp wrote:Not sure if this is just a training camp deal or a two-way deal or what (guessing two-way)

Read on Twitter

He reminds me poor man Tyus Jones. A steady little PG. Not much defence, but hopefully better 3pt shoot.
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#362 » by DaKid » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:23 am

minimus wrote:
Klomp wrote:Not sure if this is just a training camp deal or a two-way deal or what (guessing two-way)

Read on Twitter

He reminds me poor man Tyus Jones. A steady little PG. Not much defence, but hopefully better 3pt shoot.

I think he's a better ball handler and quicker than tyus. His court vision may also be better than tyus. But he's not as good of a scorer as tyus and he definitely takes more risks. His game is more of a drive and score or kick similar to Rose's style.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#363 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:43 am

He had a couple good Summer games and then looked really rough for the last two.

What about Kelan? That guy was showing something this summer. Too old for this timeline I suppose.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#364 » by packforfreedom » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:47 am

It is a 2 way contract btw
Guardian
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#365 » by Guardian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:26 am

Jedzz wrote:He had a couple good Summer games and then looked really rough for the last two.

What about Kelan? That guy was showing something this summer. Too old for this timeline I suppose.

I mean he’s only 23, but I feel a guy like him is looking for something more than a two-way. He has a roster spot in Germany which probably plays into it.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#366 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:13 pm

Guardian wrote:
Jedzz wrote:He had a couple good Summer games and then looked really rough for the last two.

I mean he’s only 23, but I feel a guy like him is looking for something more than a two-way. He has a roster spot in Germany which probably plays into it.

I suppose that could be. I don't know if it's the experience he already has or what. But Kelan was one of the more competent looking players out there.

My question would still then be, why even have him play in summer league for you if the team wasn't willing to entertain the idea of keeping him if he did prove that good. I guess it could be that we simply have no room in plans for any more guards wings and this was just an opportunity for him to get seen by others. Maybe Okogie picked up some good pointers from him.
Guardian
Ballboy

Post#367 » by Guardian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Jedzz wrote:
Guardian wrote:

I suppose that could be. I don't know if it's the experience he already has or what. But Kelan was one of the more competent looking players out there.

My question would still then be, why even have him play in summer league for you if the team wasn't willing to entertain the idea of keeping him if he did prove that good. I guess it could be that we simply have no room in plans for any more guards wings and this was just an opportunity for him to get seen by others. Maybe Okogie picked up some good pointers from him.

That’s almost certainly it, they brought him on to mentor some of the younger guys and there was an outside hope he would dominate and give them no choice but to give him a roster spot. Or they just felt like he wouldn’t mesh with the current group, he played well but there’s obviously something they didn’t like.
alabamawolf
Senior
And1: 321

Post#368 » by alabamawolf » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:22 pm

DaKid wrote:
minimus wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think he's a better ball handler and quicker than tyus. His court vision may also be better than tyus. But he's not as good of a scorer as tyus and he definitely takes more risks. His game is more of a drive and score or kick similar to Rose's style.

Tyus is a really poor scorer so I’m not sure he’s better than McLaughlin in that aspect. McLaughlin was a 40% 3pt shooter 3 out of his 4 years at USC so he could become a plus shooter
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 558

Post#369 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 pm

With Nowell what kind of contract has been signed ?
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Swish4
Sixth Man
And1: 374

Post#370 » by Swish4 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:04 pm

Based on what he did in summer league, McLaughlin deserves a look. I like his game.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#371 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:18 pm

alabamawolf wrote:
DaKid wrote:
minimus wrote:

Tyus is a really poor scorer so I’m not sure he’s better than McLaughlin in that aspect. McLaughlin was a 40% 3pt shooter 3 out of his 4 years at USC so he could become a plus shooter

Agree. McLaughlin scored better in the couple good games than we rarely saw Tyus capable of. I still contend Tyus had great handles and just didn't use them much on offense because he didn't drive the net much or get into traffic much. He was a quick dish to someone else. Probably as he was coached to do here. He may play quite different elsewhere.

I didn't like Mclaughlin's last two summer games. His shooting was completely cold, right along with KBD and Okogie those games. So yeah maybe he clicks well with our guys but dam, can we find someone consistent for once that doesn't swoop low when the rest of the team goes cold as well shooting? Their like a flock of pigeons.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,823

Post#372 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:22 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:With Nowell what kind of contract has been signed ?

Nothing signed yet
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
TwolvesFanRome
Bench Warmer
And1: 558

Post#373 » by TwolvesFanRome » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:27 pm

Klomp wrote:

Nothing signed yet

According to you why Klomp? :roll:
"...I want to compliment him, we all expected that he would take up the game, we have prepared the plan race on him, we have doubled. And, as usual, he did what he wanted..."

Zelimir Obradovic, talking about Dejan Bodiroga
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,823

Post#374 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:29 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Nothing signed yet

Guessing the sides aren't seeing eye-to-eye, either on the length of the contract or on guarantees.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#375 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:30 pm

TwolvesFanRome wrote:
Klomp wrote:

Nothing signed yet

Nowell remaining unsigned is very puzzling to me.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#376 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:21 pm

Klomp wrote:
TwolvesFanRome wrote:
Klomp wrote:Nothing signed yet

Guessing the sides aren't seeing eye-to-eye, either on the length of the contract or on guarantees.

Do you guys know if there is a date that he must get signed by? and if not by then what occurs?

I wouldn't take a garbage deal from this team if I was him, not if he's confident he can play and might be played here. But he was drafted so...is he stuck for a year?

Not a lot of players from bottom feeder deals get chances here and even when they do they aren't really rewarded with a second year or new deal. Until Rosas proves that has changed...holdout for more and force them to think more of you just based on money.
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#377 » by _AIJ_ » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:53 pm

Nowell said on his twitter which he deleted afterwards, “i know its just business but damn...”

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Guardian
Ballboy

Post#378 » by Guardian » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:59 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:Nowell said on his twitter which he deleted afterwards, “i know its just business but damn...”

Probably in regards to the second round contract. Not much guaranteed beyond the first year I imagine.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#379 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:51 pm

Kostas signed with Lakers. Which is really odd. I saw Klomps post that he was available couple days back and I thought that was odd because I had read that Milwaukee had signed him to a 3MM multiyear deal. There was an article about it at the time. Then he's available again already? Now Lakers have the next Greek Freak.

Oh wait that was Thanasis. Time to end the BBQ and Beer day.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#380 » by Jedzz » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:54 pm

_AIJ_ wrote:Nowell said on his twitter which he deleted afterwards, “i know its just business but damn...”

OH SHOOT. This guy held the season's hopes in his hands. Now what. Probably offered a scratchmark over a two-way deal, or none at all. Maybe they told his agent they forgot they drafted him.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves