Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#121 » by Trader_Joe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Interesting fact....

In Kenny's 3 years of coaching and dozens of different players, only 2 have averaged over 30mpg.
Both at 30.2 and both last season
Harris and Russell.

Kyrie is not hitting 34+.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#122 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:Interesting fact....

In Kenny's 3 years of coaching and dozens of different players, only 2 have averaged over 30mpg.
Both at 30.2 and both last season
Harris and Russell.

Kyrie is not hitting 34+.

agreed. 30 seems ideal. especially with 2 other PGs in dinwiddie and levert who will see a ton of time
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#123 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

Does Nwaba shoot 3's? Haven't watched enough of him but I know his specialty is more so defense.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#124 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:Does Nwaba shoot 3's? Haven't watched enough of him but I know his specialty is more so defense.

he hits them in the low 30s. I can live with that because dude has a legit motor from what I've seen.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,176

Post#125 » by Keith Van Horn » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:Does Nwaba shoot 3's? Haven't watched enough of him but I know his specialty is more so defense.

he hits them in the low 30s. I can live with that because dude has a legit motor from what I've seen.

I'm hoping he's a treveon graham improvement from last year's roster. I think with his defensive prowess he may even get more time than we think. Kenny loves these kinds of guys.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#126 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I'm hoping he's a treveon graham improvement from last year's roster. I think with his defensive prowess he may even get more time than we think. Kenny loves these kinds of guys.

He seems like he's more skilled than Graham

kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#127 » by kamaze » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

He does have a high motor he's also a wrecking ball going to the rim.

I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Post#128 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:24 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Keith Van Horn wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

He seems like he's more skilled than Graham

Yes he's definitely better than Graham and he's definitely getting minutes, he's our defensive stopper which we don't have . He can guard quicker guards and wings, he did a good job on Harden last year and other guys. He can take it to the rim, he just needs to get his 3 to 34% .
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#129 » by Lamak » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:26 pm

I'm expecting about 4-5 seed with Kyrie, Levert, Dinwiddie, Harris, Allen doing a lot of damage. We should be able to at least get to the 2nd round with Kyrie as well.
Brooklyn Nets
JKiddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 321

Post#130 » by JKiddy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:17 pm

J Kiddy EARLY PREDICTION:

If we are healthy I predict 47-56 wins and 1-4 in East depending on matchups at the end of the season and amount of games we rest our top players.

Remember last year we were not close to healthy. Levert going down for so long really did hurt us. Dinwiddie was hurt as well. DLO carried us to the playoffs at the end of the season. We upgraded our roster. But, we do need to mesh well together. I am hopeful this summer they will learn to play together with our staff.

If so those predictions above are possible. We need to continue to be selfless and not value individual numbers over team success. We should shoot for a Top 3 spot in the East and to advance into the 2nd round this season.

If we have momentum going into two seasons from now when KD is back (hopefully 90% of what he was) then we have a shot at the chip if we have unreal chemistry like we did last year but with a heavily upgraded roster. I would expect another player or two to come once KD is about to return as well.

Upward and onward Nets. Let's do this!
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#131 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Nets should be 3rd in the East. Celtics and Pacers will not be as good. I don't see any other East team being that good.

We probably win around 50 games. 51 would be my prediction.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#132 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:11 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Nets should be 3rd in the East. Celtics and Pacers will not be as good. I don't see any other East team being that good.

i think we are better then philly. i think they are being overrated. losing butler/reddick hurts them a ton offensively. embiid needs to be managed and in general they didnt have great chemistry. they are a team that typically under achieves due to constant turnover and the stink of tanking still on them.

Milwaukee is the only team i can 100% see being better. we have a 45-48 win floor with kyrie. if he plays 65-70 games we could win 55-60 games.

we added a star to a machine that was running with everything but a star. this team was plug and play ready for kyrie. he is going to have a monster season and make everyone better
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#133 » by Prokorov » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Lamak wrote:I'm expecting about 4-5 seed with Kyrie, Levert, Dinwiddie, Harris, Allen doing a lot of damage. We should be able to at least get to the 2nd round with Kyrie as well.

a 5 seed would be a monumental disappointment. there are like at most 3 other good teams in the east: milwaukee, philly, toronto.

everyone else took a step back but miami, who even with butler isnt a better team then us.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Post#134 » by Papi_swav » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:01 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Lamak wrote:I'm expecting about 4-5 seed with Kyrie, Levert, Dinwiddie, Harris, Allen doing a lot of damage. We should be able to at least get to the 2nd round with Kyrie as well.

a 5 seed would be a monumental disappointment. there are like at most 3 other good teams in the east: milwaukee, philly, toronto.

everyone else took a step back but miami, who even with butler isnt a better team then us.

You think Toronto is still a top team?
Lamak
Assistant Coach
And1: 704

Post#135 » by Lamak » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:

I think our ceiling is 3 seed, depends on how the defense turns out but I think it will be good. But yeah you're right there really isn'tman competitors just want to keep expectations low.
Brooklyn Nets
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#136 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:09 am

I think we're going to beating the **** out of teams. Point blank. the more I look at the pieces on this roster, the more I like what Marks has done here in year 1 of the Irving/Durant era. This team is capable of being a top 3 east team and a top 8 overall team without Durant.

People are really underestimating just how how good the Irving/LeVert/Dinwiddie backcourt is. All 3 of them can get to the basket. If LeVert's 3 point shot is consistent this is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams.

We have two rim roller bigs in Jarrett Allen and DeAndre Jordan. Both get boards, both block shots.

Joe Harris is an elite shooter. Taurean Prince is a 39% three point shooter. Then we have Rodi Kurucs, and Nwaba who are both aggressive players.

I suspect that next season Nets ownership will be paying the luxury tax to keep this all together, but it will be worth it if Durant can come back and be even at least 75%.

Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,878

Post#137 » by Hello Brooklyn » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:25 am

Prokorov wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Nets should be 3rd in the East. Celtics and Pacers will not be as good. I don't see any other East team being that good.

i think we are better then philly. i think they are being overrated. losing butler/reddick hurts them a ton offensively. embiid needs to be managed and in general they didnt have great chemistry. they are a team that typically under achieves due to constant turnover and the stink of tanking still on them.

Milwaukee is the only team i can 100% see being better. we have a 45-48 win floor with kyrie. if he plays 65-70 games we could win 55-60 games.

we added a star to a machine that was running with everything but a star. this team was plug and play ready for kyrie. he is going to have a monster season and make everyone better

I mean I will not disagree with you there. But I do see them having more regular season wins because we probably won't have Kyrie for 10-15 games.

In the playoffs, I would not be afraid of them.

Milwaukee is the only team that is clearly better than us in the East.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#138 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:02 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:I think we're going to beating the **** out of teams. Point blank. the more I look at the pieces on this roster, the more I like what Marks has done here in year 1 of the Irving/Durant era. This team is capable of being a top 3 east team and a top 8 overall team without Durant.

1 seed is not out of the question. top 3 is a lock if Kyrie plays 65-70 games. The bucks are not some dynasty and they made some changes and brogdon is out. we match up great with them now, we didnt last year.

People are really underestimating just how how good the Irving/LeVert/Dinwiddie backcourt is. All 3 of them can get to the basket. If LeVert's 3 point shot is consistent this is going to be a nightmare for opposing teams.

We have two rim roller bigs in Jarrett Allen and DeAndre Jordan. Both get boards, both block shots.

Joe Harris is an elite shooter. Taurean Prince is a 39% three point shooter. Then we have Rodi Kurucs, and Nwaba who are both aggressive players.

I suspect that next season Nets ownership will be paying the luxury tax to keep this all together, but it will be worth it if Durant can come back and be even at least 75%.

we have 2 worry about 2 things:

harris injury
kyrie games played

thats it
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#139 » by kamaze » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:08 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I mean I will not disagree with you there. But I do see them having more regular season wins because we probably won't have Kyrie for 10-15 games.

In the playoffs, I would not be afraid of them.

Milwaukee is the only team that is clearly better than us in the East.

You forgot about Philly.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#140 » by Aussienet3 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You think Toronto is still a top team?

No chance the craptors are top 4 team next season.

Return to Brooklyn Nets