ImageImageImage

Jimmy Butler S&T 4yr $142 Million with the HEAT

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,639

Re: Jimmy Butler S&T 4yr $142 Million with the HEAT 

Post#181 » by Kobewade11 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:54 am

eddieheatfan wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:So there’s really no press conference?
heat trying to be low key just to not over excite the fans with this signing.good on the heat for this,we all must keep our expectations on check.otherwise,the fanbase will need a dose of lithium or prozac if the heat doesnt meet the expectations

Corny imo. Is it really asking too much to give the fans and media a chance to hear from the guy himself for 30 minutes. and of course none of the local media guys have the gonaz to call it out.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,614

Post#182 » by AirP. » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 am

A reporter on one of the Heat centric podcasts mentioned he's on vacation overseas.

Here, enjoy this till he's back.

eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,914

Post#183 » by eddieheatfan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:06 am

kobewade11 wrote:
eddieheatfan wrote:
heat trying to be low key just to not over excite the fans with this signing.good on the heat for this,we all must keep our expectations on check.otherwise,the fanbase will need a dose of lithium or prozac if the heat doesnt meet the expectations

Corny imo. Is it really asking too much to give the fans and media a chance to hear from the guy himself for 30 minutes. and of course none of the local media guys have the gonaz to call it out.
i dont have a problem if riley gives him access to the press but maybe he will do it later on at the start of the (pre)season or something? i dunno,you will have plenty of time to hear and watch him in the coming months anyway. but yes i believe they are going low key which is fantastic in my opinion.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,167

Post#184 » by Heat3 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:12 am

The media already spoke to him on a conference call.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,780

Post#185 » by Wiltside » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:39 am

He has been overseas for a while. Think he’s in Europe. So there still may be one later on, once he gets back. I hope so anyway. Need a proper interview and to see him get his jersey!
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#186 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:10 am

Jimmay!
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#187 » by BigRedDog » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:01 am

IlCapitano wrote:People really underestimate Jimmy. He will easily be a 25 5 5 guy on good efficiency, good defense, one of the clutchest players in the league. Borderline top 10 player.

I would go as far to say that even you are underestimating him. He's been a CLEAR top ten player and in all likelihood a top 5 player the last several years.

He's never gonna be as flashy as a guy like AD, but there is a solid argument to be made that he's the superior player.

Miami is a point guard away from having a contender.... honestly i think they're the third best team in the East with Jimmy... top 5-6 for certain.... but there is a pretty seismic gap between them and philly/mil until they address the PG situation. Dragic is all but done
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,406

Post#188 » by RexBoyWonder » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 am

I just hope his game ages well.

He's not totally speed based, so hopefully he can maintain a "second best player on a contender" level for 5 more years.

I do worry a bit about his effectiveness down the line because he's not really a pure shooter, more of a scorer that creates and gets to the line. A bit like Wade.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,780

Post#189 » by Wiltside » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:26 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:I just hope his game ages well.

He's not totally speed based, so hopefully he can maintain a "second best player on a contender" level for 5 more years.

I do worry a bit about his effectiveness down the line because he's not really a pure shooter, more of a scorer that creates and gets to the line. A bit like Wade.

Wade was a pretty nice 2nd option through his early 30’s too. I think Butler will be great for the first 2 years of this deal, and solid for the remaining two. He should still be good for 20 on decent %s for the life of the contract.

It’s the price of doing business though. We are a more attractive destination with Butler at the helm, and we still have plenty of upside with Justise and Adebayo this season.

Let’s see what happens.
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
HeatFanLifer
General Manager
And1: 39,855

Post#190 » by HeatFanLifer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Wiltside wrote:

Wade was a pretty nice 2nd option through his early 30’s too. I think Butler will be great for the first 2 years of this deal, and solid for the remaining two. He should still be good for 20 on decent %s for the life of the contract.

It’s the price of doing business though. We are a more attractive destination with Butler at the helm, and we still have plenty of upside with Justise and Adebayo this season.

Let’s see what happens.

I’m excited to see how Bam and Justise play with Butler. Bam in an interview said the atmosphere is different now with Butler there being all business as opposed to Whiteside/Jrich being goofy. That’s a good thing for a team that underperformed last year. Only player I think may not step their game up next season is JJ.
OP for NBA FT record
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,197

Post#191 » by BBallFreak » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:13 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Let’s see what happens.

I’m excited to see how Bam and Justise play with Butler. Bam in an interview said the atmosphere is different now with Butler there being all business as opposed to Whiteside/Jrich being goofy. That’s a good thing for a team that underperformed last year. Only player I think may not step their game up next season is JJ.

I saw Shannon Sharpe talking about the Russell Westbrook trade, saying that Riley was right not to trade Bam for him because he thought Bam could turn into a 20/10 player for Miami. If he does, and Winslow can be at 15 a game, then I think we have a chance to surprise quite a few people.

Here's the clip (or at least I think it is. I'm at work and can't really watch it.):

twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,137

Post#192 » by twix2500 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:42 pm

I'm a fan of Bam, but like I did when Winslow hit his 3rd year, I'm putting Bam on notice. He needs to start showing an expansion of his game. He can't be just looking for only lobs and two handed dunks. I need to see him trying to take advantage of players stepping back from him and creating more for himself. I need him to reach at atleast that 15 points per mark and not by lobs.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,021

Post#193 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:15 pm

HeatFanLifer wrote:
Wiltside wrote:

Let’s see what happens.

Never thought of it that way... Whiteside (and even JRich to an extent) adding to a locker room culture that was too goofy at times. Adding Butlers intense nature, while subtracting two fun and games types is an addition within itself. Man, if only Wade had decided to retire a little later.
Kobewade11
General Manager
And1: 15,639

Post#194 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:17 pm

Adding the direct quote so its not mischaracterized

“Probably personality wise,” Adebayo said of how this year’s Heat team will be different. “Instead of J-Rich and the goofiness, it’s Jimmy Butler. So it’s kind of more serious. He’s older than us.”
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,137

Post#195 » by twix2500 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:52 pm

kobewade11 wrote:Adding the direct quote so its not mischaracterized

“Probably personality wise,” Adebayo said of how this year’s Heat team will be different. “Instead of J-Rich and the goofiness, it’s Jimmy Butler. So it’s kind of more serious. He’s older than us.”
Yeah I was wondering where Whiteside name got dropped

MartyConlonJr
General Manager
And1: 2,430

Post#196 » by MartyConlonJr » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:23 am

twix2500 wrote:
kobewade11 wrote:Adding the direct quote so its not mischaracterized

Yeah I was wondering where Whiteside name got dropped

They refer to Whiteside as "the goofiness"
Trapstar3
Junior
And1: 1,457

Post#197 » by Trapstar3 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:27 am

Jimmy was in Amsterdam yesterday, will he be back for the DWade invitational? It starts today if I'm not mistaken.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#198 » by HeatIn5 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:11 pm

Trapstar3 wrote:Jimmy was in Amsterdam yesterday, will he be back for the DWade invitational? It starts today if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think he can.. I think part of his heat deal is that he has to stay at least 500 feet away from Gabrielle Union, no?
Read on Twitter
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,614

Post#199 » by AirP. » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:33 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:
Trapstar3 wrote:Jimmy was in Amsterdam yesterday, will he be back for the DWade invitational? It starts today if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think he can.. I think part of his heat deal is that he has to stay at least 500 feet away from Gabrielle Union, no?

That was a funny situation, it's like the press had no idea they all had been hanging out together even on vacation. I do get why they mess with the media, the media eats it up without thinking.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#200 » by goodboy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:34 pm

JustiseForMiami wrote:

Bright

Return to Miami Heat