Image ImageImage Image

Thaddeus Young invited to Team USA training camp

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Re: Thaddeus Young invited to Team USA training camp 

Post#2 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:29 am

Zach needs to be there.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#3 » by wonderboy2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:32 am

Insteresting that Thad Young got chosen over Lavine and Porter. I would think that Porter would get chosen before Young.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,793

Post#4 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:36 am

I'll get to see him play in Melbourne hopefully!
Why so serious?
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#5 » by Hangtime84 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:58 am

wonderboy2 wrote:Insteresting that Thad Young got chosen over Lavine and Porter. I would think that Porter would get chosen before Young.

I would picked porter over Barnes
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#6 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:13 am

While it's great for Zach to make the team getting wore down for the season isn't worth it.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#7 » by keloms » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:44 am

Typical Bulls. Wait long enough and eventually some scraps that no one else wants will be dropped down to the bottom of the tank.
dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,673

Post#8 » by dorkestra » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:45 am

Thad would be good for international play because he is extremely intelligent
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Post#9 » by bulls_troy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:35 am

Hope he plays in Melbourne. I'm heading over from Adelaide for it

Can Zach play too??? :pray:
Twitter: @bulls_troy
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,852

Post#10 » by nomorezorro » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:39 am

we got our in to recruit some national team stars baby

when jayson tatum demands a trade to link up with thad young >>>>>
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#11 » by TheFinishSniper » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:31 am

We are so strong that our bench player is invited for Team USA.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#12 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:35 am

bearadonisdna wrote:While it's great for Zach to make the team getting wore down for the season isn't worth it.

But if it’s just him on the practice squad it’s well worth going. This is the place where stars start plotting where to go.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#13 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:36 am

Hopefully no Bulls make it, no need to risk any injury for games that don't relate to the Bulls
bulls_troy
General Manager

Post#14 » by bulls_troy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:47 am

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:Hopefully no Bulls make it, no need to risk any injury for games that don't relate to the Bulls

Dont like players representing their country?
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#15 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:17 am

AirLaVine8 wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote:Hopefully no Bulls make it, no need to risk any injury for games that don't relate to the Bulls

I'm a Bulls fan and couldn't care less about any other team.
bulls_troy
General Manager

Post#16 » by bulls_troy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:06 pm

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:

Fair enough. I for one am excited at the prospect of potentially seeing a Bulls player live in my own country. Even travelling interstate to do it. Now just hoping Zach joins him
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,616

Post#17 » by sco » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Ugh. The good players are finally figuring out that Team USA is bad for their NBA game. These guys are playing too many games and minutes already. I was so excited that, up til now, no Bulls have been "honored" to risk injury. If there's good news it's that there's a good chance he won't make the team and won't be likely to play heavy minutes even if he does.
:clap:
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#18 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:55 pm

AirLaVine8 wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:

Fair enough. I for one am excited at the prospect of potentially seeing a Bulls player live in my own country. Even travelling interstate to do it. Now just hoping Zach joins him

I've seen and met a few NBA players in Sydney, none were Bulls at the time

I met Hersey Hawkins around 1994 just after he'd left the Sixers, at a Westfields of all places. He lied and told the few people that were there that he won rookie of the year :lol: no idea why he would do that. He signed my ball and basketball cards, I still have them and they're still worth $0.00, he ended up playing for the Bulls briefly many years later

Shawn Bradley walked past while I was playing a game outdoor in Darling Harbour many years ago when they had a bunch of really good outdoor courts and ongoing 5 on 5 games throughout any day of the week. I think he was doing something for the mormon church, he didn't even look over at the courts once, just kept walking. Everyone stopped and stared, he stood out like a sore thumb

Shaq came down in the early 90's when he released his first shoe, I can't remember what the event was for, but the Suns Gorilla also came down, that was weird. Shaq made the crowd wait forever so I just left. I was probably about 15 at the time and was still at the age of somewhat caring to meet players.

The only games I've watched in Australia with NBA talent was when Magic brought down his washed up ex NBA players and some young unknown players. The best players on the team were Mark Aguirre and John Long who had to be in their late 30's but looked like real Allstars playing against the Boomers :lol: Long had been retired for years but strangely played a few games for the Raptors a few years later when he was 40 and had been out of the league for 5 years. No idea what that was about.

I've been to games in Chicago and LA, watched the Jordan Bulls in their last season, later the Gordon Bulls in 2005 and then the Butler Bulls with saboteur Wade all live. So I can't justify travelling to Melbourne to watch Thad Young and he's already my favourite Bull by default as I don't really like the current roster.
bulls_troy
General Manager

Post#19 » by bulls_troy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:38 pm

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
AirLaVine8 wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote:

I've seen and met a few NBA players in Sydney, none were Bulls at the time

I met Hersey Hawkins around 1994 just after he'd left the Sixers, at a Westfields of all places. He lied and told the few people that were there that he won rookie of the year :lol: no idea why he would do that. He signed my ball and basketball cards, I still have them and they're still worth $0.00, he ended up playing for the Bulls briefly many years later

Shawn Bradley walked past while I was playing a game outdoor in Darling Harbour many years ago when they had a bunch of really good outdoor courts and ongoing 5 on 5 games throughout any day of the week. I think he was doing something for the mormon church, he didn't even look over at the courts once, just kept walking. Everyone stopped and stared, he stood out like a sore thumb

Shaq came down in the early 90's when he released his first shoe, I can't remember what the event was for, but the Suns Gorilla also came down, that was weird. Shaq made the crowd wait forever so I just left. I was probably about 15 at the time and was still at the age of somewhat caring to meet players.

The only games I've watched in Australia with NBA talent was when Magic brought down his washed up ex NBA players and some young unknown players. The best players on the team were Mark Aguirre and John Long who had to be in their late 30's but looked like real Allstars playing against the Boomers :lol: Long had been retired for years but strangely played a few games for the Raptors a few years later when he was 40 and had been out of the league for 5 years. No idea what that was about.

I've been to games in Chicago and LA, watched the Jordan Bulls in their last season, later the Gordon Bulls in 2005 and then the Butler Bulls with saboteur Wade all live. So I can't justify travelling to Melbourne to watch Thad Young and he's already my favourite Bull by default as I don't really like the current roster.

The best I had was meeting Orlando Woolridge during his time as assistant coach of the USA Womens team when they came to Adelaide for what I assume was an Olympic warm up prior to Sydney 2000.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,135

Post#20 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
wonderboy2 wrote:Insteresting that Thad Young got chosen over Lavine and Porter. I would think that Porter would get chosen before Young.

I would picked porter over Barnes

Ames Iowa Barnes was awesome. Then North Carolina Barnes came into the picture. I know Gar is not making decisions because if he was we would have never traded for Porter and would have offered Barnes the max.

Return to Chicago Bulls