Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Brooklyn Nets: 2019-2020 Expectations Thread 

Post#141 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:50 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
a 5 seed would be a monumental disappointment. there are like at most 3 other good teams in the east: milwaukee, philly, toronto.

everyone else took a step back but miami, who even with butler isnt a better team then us.

You think Toronto is still a top team?

No chance the craptors are top 4 team next season.

sure they are. they dont have kawhi or a high ceiling but that is still a super deep team loaded with talent:

Lowry, Siakim, Ibaka, Gasol with a deep bench, shooters, role guys....

thats better then boston for sure.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,227

Post#142 » by Papi_swav » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:07 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:You think Toronto is still a top team?

sure they are. they dont have kawhi or a high ceiling but that is still a super deep team loaded with talent:

Those are all role guys, Siakam is really the only one with potential to improve, the other guys feeds off of other players like Kawhi. Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka might look like a shell next year. I see them fighting for the lower playoff seed like 6-8. I think Boston is better than them IMO.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#143 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:

Those are all role guys, Siakam is really the only one with potential to improve, the other guys feeds off of other players like Kawhi. Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka might look like a shell next year. I see them fighting for the lower playoff seed like 6-8. I think Boston is better than them IMO.

Lowry was an all-star last year. Ibaka an Gasol are still fringe all-nba defenders. as a team they might have the highest iq in the league.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,427

Post#144 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Lowry was an all-star last year. Ibaka an Gasol are still fringe all-nba defenders. as a team they might have the highest iq in the league.

Raptors should still be a competitive team. Nowhere near as good as last year but they've got a good group. I have questions about Siakam being a #1 option.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#145 » by Keith Van Horn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Read on Twitter

We going to the Finals ya'll
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#146 » by Prokorov » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:59 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:Those are all role guys, Siakam is really the only one with potential to improve, the other guys feeds off of other players like Kawhi. Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka might look like a shell next year. I see them fighting for the lower playoff seed like 6-8. I think Boston is better than them IMO.

Raptors should still be a competitive team. Nowhere near as good as last year but they've got a good group. I have questions about Siakam being a #1 option.

he wont need to be. thats still lowry. their team is like ours too in that alot of different guys chip in. they run the offense and whoever organically gets there gets theres. they won 60 before kawhi. no demar but siakim improved and gasol is a big step up from val.

they will win 40+ games. that will be enough to top boston
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#147 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:57 pm

We're still getting zero respect from media personalities, ex-players, NBA fans around the league. Pretty much no one seems to think that we'll be a top 4 team in the East without KD, and it's really baffling to me. Everyone was wrong about this team a year ago, you would think they'd learn.
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#148 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:37 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

he wont need to be. thats still lowry. their team is like ours too in that alot of different guys chip in. they run the offense and whoever organically gets there gets theres. they won 60 before kawhi. no demar but siakim improved and gasol is a big step up from val.

lol Lowry should of never made it in the All star and many fans around league were saying DLo and Bledsoe deserved it over him, he's already declining, same with Gasol and Ibaka. I don't see Lowry returning to the All star again without a top #1. I don't see Siakam being a #1 guy either but I can't sleep on him, he had a great year. So you don't see Celtics winning 40 plus games too?
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#149 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:40 am

Keith Van Horn wrote:
Read on Twitter

We going to the Finals ya'll

That would be dope but there is no way OKC is a 5 seed in the West. I don't see Lakers being a #1 seed and I don't see Clippers sweeping them. In the East, no way Celtics get #1 seed and Bucks get 8th seed . And the Hawks is #2 seed.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#150 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:01 am

DarkXaero wrote:We're still getting zero respect from media personalities, ex-players, NBA fans around the league. Pretty much no one seems to think that we'll be a top 4 team in the East without KD, and it's really baffling to me. Everyone was wrong about this team a year ago, you would think they'd learn.

People are underestimating just how good Irving, LeVert, and Dinwiddie are in the backcourt especially with the floor spacing they will have. I really like Prince/Kurucs at the forward spot.

I want to enjoy the summer a bit more, but I can't wait for October.

My only concerns is that I think we could have used one more shooter and one more big. I would be stunned if we get anything from Claxton this year and Musa is a big question mark.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#151 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:43 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:We're still getting zero respect from media personalities, ex-players, NBA fans around the league. Pretty much no one seems to think that we'll be a top 4 team in the East without KD, and it's really baffling to me. Everyone was wrong about this team a year ago, you would think they'd learn.

People are underestimating just how good Irving, LeVert, and Dinwiddie are in the backcourt especially with the floor spacing they will have. I really like Prince/Kurucs at the forward spot.

My only concerns is that I think we could have used one more shooter and one more big. I would be stunned if we get anything from Claxton this year and Musa is a big question mark.
Yeah, I feel like we're a bit thin at PF position, just like before, and I personally feel that we're maybe one good rotation player short of feeling great about this team (without KD). Obviously, with KD, the depth changes drastically, as one of the starters get pushed to the bench, and the bench unit improves significantly. I still feel like we have a good bench, but great depth was our biggest strength the past year. But still, the way the team is right now, it's still one of the top teams in the East imo.

People underestimate the improvement part of the younger core. Nearly all our young players have improved each season. Joe Harris is 27 and still improving year by year. Dinwiddie has improved drastically from when he joined. I can see Jarrett Allen taking a big leap this year, with a change in mindset and under mentorship of Deandre Jordan. Kurucs plays with an edge, and has a hungry mentality. Also, let's not forget that we have a reputation for turning aging veterans into valuable rotation players again. We did it with Demarre Carroll and Dudley. Won't be surprised to see us do it again with Wilson Chandler & Deandre Jordan. I also like our defensive potential more now.

Being able to put out a unit of

Dinwiddie/Pinson
Temple
Nwaba
Prince
Jordan/Allen

Not great offensively obviously, but imo, this unit would be capable of playing really good defense, while being able to stretch the floor. It will be a pretty big improvement on the best defensive unit we could have put out with last year's roster.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#152 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:54 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

lol Lowry should of never made it in the All star and many fans around league were saying DLo and Bledsoe deserved it over him, he's already declining, same with Gasol and Ibaka. I don't see Lowry returning to the All star again without a top #1. I don't see Siakam being a #1 guy either but I can't sleep on him, he had a great year. So you don't see Celtics winning 40 plus games too?

i have the celtics at 35-40 wins. that team is in big trouble.

they solved 0 of their biggest issues (too many scorers, not enough balls to go around.). they MASSIVELY downgraded their defense on a team whose calling card was defense. they replaced horford with kanter, one of the leagues worst bigman defenders. they added kanter to a team with already too many guys who need the ball. they still have 2 huge egomaniac young players behind veterans who will get more touches.

but the most overlooked part. they have ZERO depth. none. ziltch. nada.

they lost Rozier, Morris, Theis, and Baynes. not only do they have no starting bigs, they lsot all their bigman depth. their backup PG is a 1 way defender in smart who has 0 PG skills.

they are going to be a train wreck. all the attention was on "kemba can replace kyrie" but no one replaced horford, rozier, morris, baynes, or theis.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#153 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:58 am

DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Yeah, I feel like we're a bit thin at PF position, just like before, and I personally feel that we're maybe one good rotation player short of feeling great about this team (without KD). Obviously, with KD, the depth changes drastically, as one of the starters get pushed to the bench, and the bench unit improves significantly. I still feel like we have a good bench, but great depth was our biggest strength the past year. But still, the way the team is right now, it's still one of the top teams in the East imo.

People underestimate the improvement part of the younger core. Nearly all our young players have improved each season. Joe Harris is 27 and still improving year by year. Dinwiddie has improved drastically from when he joined. I can see Jarrett Allen taking a big leap this year, with a change in mindset and under mentorship of Deandre Jordan. Kurucs plays with an edge, and has a hungry mentality. Also, let's not forget that we have a reputation for turning aging veterans into valuable rotation players again. We did it with Demarre Carroll and Dudley. Won't be surprised to see us do it again with Wilson Chandler & Deandre Jordan. I also like our defensive potential more now.

Dinwiddie/Pinson
Temple
Nwaba
Prince
Jordan/Allen

Not great offensively obviously, but imo, this unit would be capable of playing really good defense, while being able to stretch the floor. It will be a pretty big improvement on the best defensive unit we could have put out with last year's roster.

this hole at PF is an illusion. if you look at the roster like the nets do there is no PF spot. only ball handlers, wings, and bigs.

and the team has plenty of wings/forwards: Harris, Prince, Kurucs, Temple, Nwamba, and whatever we get from Claxton/Chandler.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#154 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:43 am

Prokorov wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

Dinwiddie/Pinson
Temple
Nwaba
Prince
Jordan/Allen

this hole at PF is an illusion. if you look at the roster like the nets do there is no PF spot. only ball handlers, wings, and bigs.

and the team has plenty of wings/forwards: Harris, Prince, Kurucs, Temple, Nwamba, and whatever we get from Claxton/Chandler.

yeah my only concerns are really only at C with adding another big body in case of emergency and another floor spacing wing. The Nets don't run a traditional line up we usually go PG/PG/SF/SF/C.

Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#155 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:31 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

they solved 0 of their biggest issues (too many scorers, not enough balls to go around.). they MASSIVELY downgraded their defense on a team whose calling card was defense. they replaced horford with kanter, one of the leagues worst bigman defenders. they added kanter to a team with already too many guys who need the ball. they still have 2 huge egomaniac young players behind veterans who will get more touches.

they lost Rozier, Morris, Theis, and Baynes. not only do they have no starting bigs, they lsot all their bigman depth. their backup PG is a 1 way defender in smart who has 0 PG skills.

they are going to be a train wreck. all the attention was on "kemba can replace kyrie" but no one replaced horford, rozier, morris, baynes, or theis.

yea true you make good points and i feel the same way about Celtics too, but I believe in their coach too much and Kemba. I see them as a good regular season team, maybe 44 wins ish but a 1st round exit . Without Horford their defense went down the drain and Morris also was an enforcer that they will miss, Smart can't do it all alone on that side. I can't be more happy at how sad they look now, I just wish Kemba didn't sign with them.

But the debate here is if the Craptors are better than the Saltics, and I think not. I mean it's a good debate because Raps do have some capable defenders and can play as a team but Celtics has the bigger names and higher potential guys right now. Honestly I hope both miss the playoffs.
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#156 » by Aussienet3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:57 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Prok, you banged on all summer how Kemba was practically all world compared to D'lo. The celtics get him and combined with Tatum and Brown are now a 35-40 win team? Yet the raptors lose arguably the best player on the planet right now and yet you find away to have them in the top 4 of the east still? You really do lose me sometimes...
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#157 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:20 am

Papi_swav wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:lol Lowry should of never made it in the All star and many fans around league were saying DLo and Bledsoe deserved it over him, he's already declining, same with Gasol and Ibaka. I don't see Lowry returning to the All star again without a top #1. I don't see Siakam being a #1 guy either but I can't sleep on him, he had a great year. So you don't see Celtics winning 40 plus games too?

yea true you make good points and i feel the same way about Celtics too, but I believe in their coach too much and Kemba. I see them as a good regular season team, maybe 44 wins ish but a 1st round exit . Without Horford their defense went down the drain and Morris also was an enforcer that they will miss, Smart can't do it all alone on that side. I can't be more happy at how sad they look now, I just wish Kemba didn't sign with them.

But the debate here is if the Craptors are better than the Saltics, and I think not. I mean it's a good debate because Raps do have some capable defenders and can play as a team but Celtics has the bigger names and higher potential guys right now. Honestly I hope both miss the playoffs.

I disagree the celtics have better names. Saikim, Lowry, Ibaka, Gasol are all legit players. I also think Kemba is getting SUPER overrated. in Kemba's 8 seasons the hornets have had just 2 winning seasons. 6 of those seasons they didnt top 36 wins. the 2 years they did make the playoffs were the years Al Jefferson carried them. Kemba has had pretty putrid results as a #1.

This celtics team will be his worst roster since his first couple years (hornets won 7, 21 games respectively). as good a coach stevens is he was a big part of the problem there. his calling card is defense and he couldnt find a way to mesh egos and get shots for everyone. that will be even tougher with more offensive minded guys/shots this year as kemba shoots more then kyrie and kanter is a shoot first player who needs iso touches.

The raptors are significantly better top to bottom. depper, better defensively, better offensively. raps should win 42-46 games. boston will struggle to get to .500
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#158 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:24 am

Aussienet3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:lol Lowry should of never made it in the All star and many fans around league were saying DLo and Bledsoe deserved it over him, he's already declining, same with Gasol and Ibaka. I don't see Lowry returning to the All star again without a top #1. I don't see Siakam being a #1 guy either but I can't sleep on him, he had a great year. So you don't see Celtics winning 40 plus games too?

Prok, you banged on all summer how Kemba was practically all world compared to D'lo. The celtics get him and combined with Tatum and Brown are now a 35-40 win team? Yet the raptors lose arguably the best player on the planet right now and yet you find away to have them in the top 4 of the east still? You really do lose me sometimes...

Kemba IS better then Russell.... but they arent going from Russell to Kemba. they are going from Irving to Kemba. Iving is better then kemba flat out across the board.

Also, its not like that is the only loss boston had... they lost Horford, Rozier, Morris, Baynes, and Theis. they have one of the worst front courts in the east with absolutely no bench.

Raptors without Kawhi last year had a really solid record. thats not the same as doing it over 81 games but they are deep, great up front, solid defensively, and have shooters everywhere. they also are a complete cohesive team, boston is filled with toxic players and huge issues internally

Raps will see a -10 or so in their record. boston may see -20
Aussienet3
Junior
And1: 90

Post#159 » by Aussienet3 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:49 am

Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Kemba IS better then Russell.... but they arent going from Russell to Kemba. they are going from Irving to Kemba. Iving is better then kemba flat out across the board.

Also, its not like that is the only loss boston had... they lost Horford, Rozier, Morris, Baynes, and Theis. they have one of the worst front courts in the east with absolutely no bench.

Raptors without Kawhi last year had a really solid record. thats not the same as doing it over 81 games but they are deep, great up front, solid defensively, and have shooters everywhere. they also are a complete cohesive team, boston is filled with toxic players and huge issues internally

Couldn't disagree more... But its no use debating/discussing it with you because your never wrong in your mind. Only when your actually proven wrong do you ever stand down. So i'll just remember this convo and remind you of it as we head towards playoffs next year.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#160 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:44 pm

Aussienet3 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Aussienet3 wrote:

Couldn't disagree more... But its no use debating/discussing it with you because your never wrong in your mind. Only when your actually proven wrong do you ever stand down. So i'll just remember this convo and remind you of it as we head towards playoffs next year.

what am i wrong about? did they not lose rozier, morris, bayems, theis and horford? did the raps not win 60 games before kawhi? did boston not replace one o the easts best front courts with enes kanter and some nobody from france?

i you want to call me out for "never being wrong" at least point out what im supposedly wrong about.

Boston lost more then any team in the east. by a large margin

Return to Brooklyn Nets