ImageImageImageImageImage

DLO trade thread

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Re: DLO trade thread 

Post#161 » by azwfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:54 am

killmongrel wrote:Basically, the Wolves have no players the Warriors would want in his opinion. I agree. I would rather ride with DLo than take Covington and whatever other player the Wolves have to offer.

I'm on the fence with it. I think its entirely possible the Twolves could put together an enticing offer for Russell that does not include KAT. I'm not sure what that offer would be, but they have an asset list that includes some nice young prospects (Okogie and Culver) along with Covington plus all their own future draft picks.

For me, unless it's not working out with Russell, i'd just assume keep him. Teach him to defend, and have a really good young backcourt mate for Curry / Klay. If he can defend, ending the game with those 3 + Draymond + Looney should be pretty darn potent.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#162 » by Samurai » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:08 am

azwfan wrote:
killmongrel wrote:Basically, the Wolves have no players the Warriors would want in his opinion. I agree. I would rather ride with DLo than take Covington and whatever other player the Wolves have to offer.

I'm on the fence with it. I think its entirely possible the Twolves could put together an enticing offer for Russell that does not include KAT. I'm not sure what that offer would be, but they have an asset list that includes some nice young prospects (Okogie and Culver) along with Covington plus all their own future draft picks.

For me, unless it's not working out with Russell, i'd just assume keep him. Teach him to defend, and have a really good young backcourt mate for Curry / Klay. If he can defend, ending the game with those 3 + Draymond + Looney should be pretty darn potent.

As I've said, this is the big IF. I have more questions about whether his defense will make it workable than I do about how well he will fit on offense.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#163 » by azwfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:14 am

Samurai wrote:
azwfan wrote:

As I've said, this is the big IF. I have more questions about whether his defense will make it workable than I do about how well he will fit on offense.

We got just the men to make it happen.

jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#164 » by jscott » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:47 pm

killmongrel wrote:
jscott wrote:
Coxy wrote:
I didn't offer anything, merely suggested the only thing the Warriors should be interested in on that roster is KAT. You then jumped to conclusions dude.

You're splitting hairs here with the term "offer".

You all were talking about trading DLo and said you wouldn't be interested in Okogie and you should pursue KAT otherwise "look elsewhere".

Call it trade talk or an offer - whatever. It's preposterous.
Damn, man, you got triggered badly. That poster was just talking about how KAT was the only worthy player on your roster. It's as simple as that. Doubt he even thought it was remotely possible or logical to take him away from the Wolves. Basically, the Wolves have no players the Warriors would want in his opinion. I agree. I would rather ride with DLo than take Covington and whatever other player the Wolves have to offer.

LOL.

Sure, triggered. Apparently responding = triggered. Haha.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#165 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:23 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Heat fans are already saying Herro is better than Klay :)

Winslow is interesting, but another flawed prospect.

are you looking to trade DLo for someone not flawed or something? like who? :-?
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#166 » by killmongrel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:57 pm

jscott wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
jscott wrote:You're splitting hairs here with the term "offer".

You all were talking about trading DLo and said you wouldn't be interested in Okogie and you should pursue KAT otherwise "look elsewhere".

Call it trade talk or an offer - whatever. It's preposterous.
Damn, man, you got triggered badly. That poster was just talking about how KAT was the only worthy player on your roster. It's as simple as that. Doubt he even thought it was remotely possible or logical to take him away from the Wolves. Basically, the Wolves have no players the Warriors would want in his opinion. I agree. I would rather ride with DLo than take Covington and whatever other player the Wolves have to offer.

LOL.

You're in another team's forum getting mad because somebody supposedly made a "preposterous" trade proposal. The other poster simply made a comment that the only player on your team worth pursuing is KAT. And if he isn't a possibility, then it's better to look elsewhere. That's it. But it affected you so badly that you couldn't let go of the comment and topic.

So yes, you got triggered.
jscott
Veteran

Post#167 » by jscott » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:08 pm

killmongrel wrote:
jscott wrote:
killmongrel wrote: Damn, man, you got triggered badly. That poster was just talking about how KAT was the only worthy player on your roster. It's as simple as that. Doubt he even thought it was remotely possible or logical to take him away from the Wolves. Basically, the Wolves have no players the Warriors would want in his opinion. I agree. I would rather ride with DLo than take Covington and whatever other player the Wolves have to offer.

LOL.

You're in another team's forum getting mad because somebody supposedly made a "preposterous" trade proposal. The other poster simply made a comment that the only player on your team worth pursuing is KAT. And if he isn't a possibility, then it's better to look elsewhere. That's it. But it affected you so badly that you couldn't let go of the comment and topic.

Sure bud.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#168 » by killmongrel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:13 pm

jscott wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
jscott wrote:LOL.

Sure bud.

I am sure. That's why youre still here talking about this topic.
jscott
Veteran

Post#169 » by jscott » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:26 pm

killmongrel wrote:
jscott wrote:
killmongrel wrote: You're in another team's forum getting mad because somebody supposedly made a "preposterous" trade proposal. The other poster simply made a comment that the only player on your team worth pursuing is KAT. And if he isn't a possibility, then it's better to look elsewhere. That's it. But it affected you so badly that you couldn't let go of the comment and topic.

Sure bud.

Its a forum dude. That’s what people do. Welcome to the internet.

I’m done with this. Cya bud.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#170 » by killmongrel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:28 pm

jscott wrote:
killmongrel wrote:
jscott wrote:Sure bud.

Its a forum dude. That’s what people do. Welcome to the internet.
Yep, and you're contribution to this thread so far is to be mad that somebody suggested that looking elsewhere is the smart move because the only thing worth looking at on the Wolves is KAT.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#171 » by killmongrel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:43 pm

I think I've come across this trade proposal before, but what do some of you think?

DLo+fillers for Otto Porter Jr.+Sato

Would chicago even consider that? They're still a young team so they're still at the development stages. Would probably rather have an all star pg than Otto. Sato is somebody they're grooming to be thir starting pg. I don't know about that, but I think he'd be good as a backup pg. Warriors would get depth at the pg position and get a quality starting sf.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#172 » by azwfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm

I wanna see 2-3 months of Dlo before i think about trading him. I don't want to give up a 23 year old all star (albeit east replacement haha) for role players if we can fit his talent in somewhat seamlessly. If there's a problem fitting him in (or he's not defending) then sure, lets explore it.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#173 » by lars_rosenberg » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:10 pm

azwfan wrote:I wanna see 2-3 months of Dlo before i think about trading him. I don't want to give up a 23 year old all star (albeit east replacement haha) for role players if we can fit his talent in somewhat seamlessly. If there's a problem fitting him in (or he's not defending) then sure, lets explore it.
He can't be traded before 15 December anyway.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#174 » by azwfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:12 pm

lars_rosenberg wrote:
azwfan wrote:I wanna see 2-3 months of Dlo before i think about trading him. I don't want to give up a 23 year old all star (albeit east replacement haha) for role players if we can fit his talent in somewhat seamlessly. If there's a problem fitting him in (or he's not defending) then sure, lets explore it.

True, but its silly to come up with trade ideas now - we don't even know how he's gonna fit in. If he fits in really well... we're gonna want a lot more for him than if he comes in here and just doesn't fit at all.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#175 » by killmongrel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:16 pm

azwfan wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:

True, but its silly to come up with trade ideas now - we don't even know how he's gonna fit in. If he fits in really well... we're gonna want a lot more for him than if he comes in here and just doesn't fit at all.
It's summer and some of us are bored. haha.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#176 » by killmongrel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:08 pm

I'm really digging the idea of a DLo+fillers+picks for an Otto Porter Jr.+Sato trade. I don't know if the Bulls would do this, but DLo fits their timeline a little more I suppose with their young lineup.

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole
Porter Jr.
Green/Paschall
Looney/Smailagic/Spellman

Get a player like Will Barton or even Waiters on the TPE and use the MLE to re-sign WCS on a multi-year deal or any player that impresses. Or maybe even try to get a Crowder. Bring back Iguodala on a vet. minimum or team friendly deal, all of a sudden our team is stacked for the 2020 season. What do you guys think?
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#177 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:26 pm

killmongrel wrote:I'm really digging the idea of a DLo+fillers+picks for an Otto Porter Jr.+Sato trade. I don't know if the Bulls would do this, but DLo fits their timeline a little more I suppose with their young lineup.

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole
Porter Jr.
Green/Paschall

Get a player like Will Barton or even Waiters on the TPE and use the MLE to re-sign WCS on a multi-year deal or any player that impresses. Or maybe even try to get a Crowder. Bring back Iguodala on a vet. minimum or team friendly deal, all of a sudden our team is stacked for the 2020 season. What do you guys think?

Would rather keep Dlo. Porter isn’t anything special.
killmongrel
Veteran

Post#178 » by killmongrel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Coxy wrote:
killmongrel wrote:I'm really digging the idea of a DLo+fillers+picks for an Otto Porter Jr.+Sato trade. I don't know if the Bulls would do this, but DLo fits their timeline a little more I suppose with their young lineup.

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole
Porter Jr.
Green/Paschall

That's why the trade works. We don't need anything special at the 3 as long as we have a back court with Steph and Klay. Otto Porter Jr. is better than a lot of small forwards. Solid defense. Good 3 point shooting. And if we get Sato on the deal, gives us a long and lengthy back up pg. Combine this trade with what they can get with the TPE and MLE, we possibly have a team that can look like:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole/Rookie
Porter Jr./Barton/Iguodala
Green/Paschall/Spellman
Traditonal Center/Looney/Smailagic

Two way contracts: Insurance pg and Insurance sf.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#179 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 pm

killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole
Porter Jr.
Green/Paschall

That's why the trade works. We don't need anything special at the 3 as long as we have a back court with Steph and Klay. Otto Porter Jr. is better than a lot of small forwards. Solid defense. Good 3 point shooting. And if we get Sato on the deal, gives us a long and lengthy back up pg. Combine this trade with what they can get with the TPE and MLE, we possibly have a team that can look like:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole/Rookie
Green/Paschall/Spellman

I don’t buy your reasoning with this deal. Russell is by far the best player in the deal and young as well. If we are trading him for a SF, we need an equal talent coming back, not breaking him down into 2 lesser parts, 1 of which is a very expensive but average SF. Would rather go the Covington route at his price if we are breaking Dlo down into lesser parts, because he’s cost effective and a real difference maker on defence at least.

Keep the asset until a situation arises to add a better talent than what you are suggesting I say.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#180 » by Samurai » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:01 am

killmongrel wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole
Porter Jr.
Green/Paschall

Steph/Sato/Evans
Klay/Poole/Rookie
Green/Paschall/Spellman

But DLo can be something special. I wouldn't want to trade a 23-year old who has the potential to be special - who can be a centerpiece of our future after Curry/Klay/Dray are retired - than someone who is a solid complementary piece but cannot be that special guy. I want to see how we play with Curry/Klay/DLo on the court; if they mesh well and DLo is at least passable on defense, then no need to look at trade scenarios.

Return to Golden State Warriors