ImageImageImage

For 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall, summer shot with Boston Celtics is a chance to finally find something that fits - story

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Celtics_History_Lesson
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,267

For 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall, summer shot with Boston Celtics is a chance to finally find something that fits - story 

Post#1 » by Celtics_History_Lesson » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:24 pm

For 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall, summer shot with Boston Celtics is a chance to finally find something that fits

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/07/for-7-foot-6-tacko-fall-summer-shot-with-boston-celtics-is-a-chance-to-finally-find-something-that-fits.html

With the Celtics having only one competent, tallish, hard-working NBA center who can play defense under contract and on the roster, there is still a chance that Tacko gets the other two-way deal and then appears in a few games for Boston during this wasted "transitional" year the Celtics have chosen.

Just to have him at practice will be beneficial to other players, and of course he can do so many things in games too.

Robert Williams, who is suddenly a veteran on this summer league team, enjoys having Fall around.

“Great player to go against,” Williams said. “I’ll accept him blocking my shot, if anybody. Can’t run from 7’6”. But he’s been working hard too, he’s been grinding, picking things up, doing his best."

Just to have him around the team, to change the nets on the basket or to help players like Carsen and Kemba when they are shopping and can't reach items on the top shelf of the store, Tacko will be useful.

“Somewhere I can go where I fit in right away,” Fall said when asked what he hopes to find in the NBA. “Somewhere I can go where I know they really want me. I feel I had all of that here in Boston, and it was a matter of just coming here and going to work.”

A bit disappointing the story made him sound small, lowered his NBA height, he is 7-7.

Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,267

Re: For 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall, summer shot with Boston Celtics is a chance to finally find something that fits - story 

Post#2 » by Gant » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:40 pm

The best paragraph from that article:

Everyone expected him to be real slow but he’s shown a mobility that we weren’t necessarily ready for,” said Celtics assistant coach Scott Morrison, who is serving as the head coach in Las Vegas. "Even in the scrimmage we just had he beat some guys down the floor, caught the ball at the rim, kept the ball up and dunked. We’ve been real happy with him, he’s shown some toughness, and like everyone else on the roster here a real desire to learn and do the right thing so that makes it easier for the coaches.”
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Re: For 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall, summer shot with Boston Celtics is a chance to finally find something that fits - story 

Post#3 » by cloverleaf » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:33 pm

Gant wrote:The best paragraph from that article:

Everyone expected him to be real slow but he’s shown a mobility that we weren’t necessarily ready for,” said Celtics assistant coach Scott Morrison, who is serving as the head coach in Las Vegas. "Even in the scrimmage we just had he beat some guys down the floor, caught the ball at the rim, kept the ball up and dunked. We’ve been real happy with him, he’s shown some toughness, and like everyone else on the roster here a real desire to learn and do the right thing so that makes it easier for the coaches.”

It'd be great for Rob to have to go against Kanter, Fall and Theis in practice. A good mix of center talents and strengths.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#4 » by captain green » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:14 am

So you think he gets a two way? Or does he get the 14 roster spot at worse 15 we always tend to have it open so I said 14. Or is waters I'm thinking waters might be better than edwarfs.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#5 » by Tiny ball » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:58 pm

Tacko Fall has a nice smile.
TheTruth316
Senior
And1: 273

Post#6 » by TheTruth316 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:47 pm

You think waters is better than edwards? Wow. Totally different players. I like both. But waters may be better than smart.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,214

Post#7 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:15 pm

Like KG, maybe Tacko wants to play PF instead of C so he prefers getting his height listed one inch shorter. Just a little bit more, he could convince the stat keepers to list him as 6'11".
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#8 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:25 pm

If Tacko Fall succeeds, I don't think I'll be able to handle the amount of taco references that literally every halfwit is going to constantly make.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#9 » by Green89 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:29 am

Bleeding Green wrote:If Tacko Fall succeeds, I don't think I'll be able to handle the amount of taco references that literally every halfwit is going to constantly make.

The Tacko Fall shirt with the green bell from the Taco Bell logo is cool, but dressing up in taco costumes at games is not. Some fans are taking it too far. He's a basketball player not a taco.
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#10 » by BigTrade92 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:42 am

Green89 wrote:
Bleeding Green wrote:If Tacko Fall succeeds, I don't think I'll be able to handle the amount of taco references that literally every halfwit is going to constantly make.

The Tacko Fall shirt with the green bell from the Taco Bell logo is cool, but dressing up in taco costumes at games is not. Some fans are taking it too far. He's a basketball player not a taco.

No fun police.
Roland2000
Sophomore
And1: 359

Post#11 » by Roland2000 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:23 am

It is already annoying. People are just so embarassingly stupid. Oh well. I'm rooting for Tacko....hope he can grit his teeth and smile through the infinite number of Taco references.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#12 » by djFan71 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:21 am

zoyathedestroya wrote:Like KG, maybe Tacko wants to play PF instead of C so he prefers getting his height listed one inch shorter. Just a little bit more, he could convince the stat keepers to list him as 6'11".

6’18”or 6’19”, whichever he is. Not tall enough for a 5 in today’s game.
Prophet_C
Starter
And1: 99

Post#13 » by Prophet_C » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:02 pm

Green89 wrote:

LOL! You must be fun at Halloween parties.
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#14 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:21 pm

People want to dress like Tackos who cares they bought the ticket. Just play the big man.
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#15 » by TheSheriff » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:48 pm

djFan71 wrote:
zoyathedestroya wrote:Like KG, maybe Tacko wants to play PF instead of C so he prefers getting his height listed one inch shorter. Just a little bit more, he could convince the stat keepers to list him as 6'11".

6’18”or 6’19”, whichever he is. Not tall enough for a 5 in today’s game.

He actually prefers his height to be listed as 5’30”, and he really wants to play point guard like his idol Isaiah Thomas.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#17 » by 3D Chess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Tiny ball wrote:

Is this parody? Why does this guy sound like he's about to cry the entire video?
Tiny ball
Veteran

Post#18 » by Tiny ball » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:43 pm

He is Celtics fan and sees the dysfunction.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#19 » by 3D Chess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:21 pm

Read on Twitter
Afam
RealGM
And1: 8,437

Post#20 » by Afam » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:33 pm

Finally.

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics