ImageImageImageImageImage

Chase Center

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Chase Center 

Post#1 » by likemycurryhot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:45 pm

So, how are folks feeling about the move? I live within a mile of the new building and have to admit that it looks pretty impressive as its being finished. However, I still feel bad for Oakland losing the team and am more than a little put off by how ridiculously expensive even taking in one game is going to be. I'm also pretty sure that Oracle's energy is not going to be one of the things that makes it across the Bay.

How many of you are planning to go to games and what's your current thinking about Chase?
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Re: Chase Center 

Post#2 » by Bayside » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:57 pm

Just in general, I am disappointed of how big the money game is now compared to the basketball game. From Salaries, tickets, concessions. To the status element, instead of the enjoyment of the sport among fans. To support the ludicrous contracts etc. So yes, i don't think it will have the same energy as oracle had during all those non play off years.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,720

Post#3 » by floppymoose » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:42 pm

It's not to support the player contracts. If the contracts were $1 each ticket prices would be the same.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#4 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:32 pm

It's good for revenue and attracting free agents. It's bad for pricing out real fans and it's a bad location for people to get to. Even for people in SF it's going to be a pain in the ass to get to unless you live in SOMA, Potrero or The Mission.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#5 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:48 pm

Don't write it off until you take ina game at least. Yes Oracle was known for the atmosphere, but this could have it's own experience that will blow your socks off.

My prediction is that people will be put off it all in the 1st season, but as time goes on, that will fade.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#6 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:02 pm

Coxy wrote:Don't write it off until you take ina game at least. Yes Oracle was known for the atmosphere, but this could have it's own experience that will blow your socks off.

My prediction is that people will be put off it all in the 1st season, but as time goes on, that will fade.

I'm not a millionaire. I won't be attending games there.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#7 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Coxy wrote:Don't write it off until you take ina game at least. Yes Oracle was known for the atmosphere, but this could have it's own experience that will blow your socks off.

You're the rif raf they're trying to keep out then :wink:
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:16 pm

Coxy wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

Just saying, "don't knock it till you try it" ain't it. Its like telling a poor black person they need to find their roots in Africa. Sure, maybe, but I can't afford to go to **** Africa my dude.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:18 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Coxy wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:I'm not a millionaire. I won't be attending games there.

Just saying, "don't knock it till you try it" ain't it. Its like telling a poor black person they need to find their roots in Africa. Sure, maybe, but I can't afford to go to **** Africa my dude.

Ah, that's not what I said at all, but OK I get that it's expensive.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:48 pm

"Don't write it off till you take in a game at least"

Sorry if I misinterpreted the post but I assumed you meant take a game in in person.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#11 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:50 pm

building looks good in general but i'm afraid the crowd is going to be gentrified like it was with Levi's Stadium...just turned into a bunch of rich snobs that barely even know or understand or even care about football.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:02 pm

clyde21 wrote:building looks good in general but i'm afraid the crowd is going to be gentrified like it was with Levi's Stadium...just turned into a bunch of rich snobs that barely even know or understand or even care about football.

Already happened in Oracle to some degree. Not sure how much worse it can really get in that regard.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#13 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:05 pm

People will cheer hard for them next season. They are a perceived underdog next year, so people will be rooting extra hard versus the last couple years where fans were like, "Ho hum.... we're the best team in basketball."
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#14 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:07 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
clyde21 wrote:building looks good in general but i'm afraid the crowd is going to be gentrified like it was with Levi's Stadium...just turned into a bunch of rich snobs that barely even know or understand or even care about football.

Already happened in Oracle to some degree. Not sure how much worse it can really get in that regard.

remove wi-fi from the seating area...real talk...including wi-fi for everyone at Levi's Stadium was a TERRIBLE idea...dudes literally stay on their phones making business deals the entire time. shameful.
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#15 » by likemycurryhot » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:45 pm

Mylie10 wrote:People will cheer hard for them next season. They are a perceived underdog next year, so people will be rooting extra hard versus the last couple years where fans were like, "Ho hum.... we're the best team in basketball."

I think that this is what’s especially tough for regular fans, the team isn’t necessarily going to be “must see” but the ticket prices aren’t going to reflect that. Hopefully the secondary market’ll be reasonable. And I hope the ushers let you move down to sit in the empties if games end up being undersold.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#16 » by InWestWeTrust » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:01 am

The venue will be beautiful and modern and a money making machine.

The fans will be sad, rich, and dull.

The Oracle fans that weren’t priced out in the nosebleeds will be priced out. The last source of that Roaracle energy.

I’ll probably afford to make it to a game in 2-3 years. This is the way the Bay Area is moving in general.

Wonder if they’ll have the homeless removing robots like Golden1 Centre has
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#17 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:02 am

likemycurryhot wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:People will cheer hard for them next season. They are a perceived underdog next year, so people will be rooting extra hard versus the last couple years where fans were like, "Ho hum.... we're the best team in basketball."

I think that this is what’s especially tough for regular fans, the team isn’t necessarily going to be “must see” but the ticket prices aren’t going to reflect that. Hopefully the secondary market’ll be reasonable. And I hope the ushers let you move down to sit in the empties if games end up being undersold.

If you are a Steph Curry fan especially there is plenty of interest to go to games.

Russell adds a bit of mystery and will have people excited to go to games early on.

If the team is winning and young guys are contributing, the buzz around the team will be fantastic.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#18 » by likemycurryhot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:09 am

Mylie10 wrote:
likemycurryhot wrote:

If you are a Steph Curry fan especially there is plenty of interest to go to games.

Russell adds a bit of mystery and will have people excited to go to games early on.

If the team is winning and young guys are contributing, the buzz around the team will be fantastic.

I meant “must see” to mean a national spectacle team like we’ve had for the past 5 seasons or like Jordan’s Bulls were. No doubt real fans will remain fired up to see Steph unleashed and the youngsters develop. Honestly, this is as excited as I’ve been for the regular season since the second year of the championship run. If we don’t win a chip this year it’s all good. But the ticket prices will remain out of reach for most regardless of the record.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#19 » by Money_ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:23 am

I am curious to see what it looks like but reality is, I could barely afford the one game a season I would go to now since they've been on fire.. (at Oracle) So I cannot imagine being able to afford Chase center seats. And while I enjoy taking in a game live, I enjoy it WAY more from the comfort of my own home with the flexibility of dvr of course. (lets watch that pass and dunk four times in a row) And cheap beers. Man do I miss those $15 nose bleeds!!

I'm mad that they are leaving Oakland. All of their sports teams threaten or are leaving. I liked the Bay Area having two teams/two cities of the 3 major sports. spread out... now it's like our economy, too top heavy. I live in SF, and it was no problem at all to catch BART to a game at Oracle. Now the traffic is going to be out of control in SF, even more than it already is... The sneaky way to take 280 to get to the Bay Bridge will be gone. Really hope it's not going to be as lame as I think it is...
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#20 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:10 am

East Bay Sports wrote:

I agree for the most part. There were still some of the old fans there, but a lot of new fans too.

Return to Golden State Warriors