Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Re: Woj: Bucks Sign Dragan Bender 2-Year Deal 

Post#181 » by midranger » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:05 am

bizarro wrote:
midranger wrote:
DrWood wrote:Did you watch any games? Brook was the third most important guy on the team. Middleton was 4th.

Literally watched all of the games.

Saw a lot of Lopez standing in the correct place with his arms up and making threes at a decent but not elite clip.

‘Did not watch any defense’. (Writes onto yellow notepad next to: ‘Hates boxing and will kill all fans of boxing over time in a merciless fashion’)

Nah. I watched. His defense was largely moving from the restricted area, to almost the free throw line, dropping back to the restricted area and raising his arms. He had good timing and instincts when he’d go for a block vs switch to the roller but he moved like 10 feet on most defensive possessions. Being tall, raising his arms, and standing in the right spot was pretty key.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#182 » by soxperry » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:36 am

midranger wrote:
bizarro wrote:
midranger wrote:Literally watched all of the games.

Saw a lot of Lopez standing in the correct place with his arms up and making threes at a decent but not elite clip.

‘Did not watch any defense’. (Writes onto yellow notepad next to: ‘Hates boxing and will kill all fans of boxing over time in a merciless fashion’)

Nah. I watched. His defense was largely moving from the restricted area, to almost the free throw line, dropping back to the restricted area and raising his arms. He had good timing and instincts when he’d go for a block vs switch to the roller but he moved like 10 feet on most defensive possessions. Being tall, raising his arms, and standing in the right spot was pretty key.

He showed in the playoffs that he was capable of switching onto Kyrie Irving. Whether Kyrie was actually trying, I dont know. But that happened.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#183 » by H2tObes » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:40 am

midranger wrote:
bizarro wrote:
midranger wrote:Literally watched all of the games.

I have a couple problems with this. For one, if it was this easy then there would be more elite defensive big men in the NBA. It's not easy, basketball is an extremely fast paced sport and knowing where to be and when to go for a block is a unique skill that not many possess, Brook is great at this and it is the reason he is a great rim protector. Secondly Brook is a massive human being, he might have 40-50 pounds on Bender without looking. It is not apples to apples.

You're not wrong in essence, but you're framing it as if everybody could be Giannis if they knew when to drive to the rim. It's not that simple, it takes a unique mind and unique physical capabilities. Bender has shown none of this.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#184 » by soxperry » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:53 am

would have been nice to get that third year, especially if it were partially or non guaranteed. if he develops into something, we will have a very tough time re signing him without bird rights.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#185 » by blazza18 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:00 am

SupremeHustle wrote:Young 3 and D big with unlimited offensive potential who is not afraid to mix it up. I wish we could have signed a guy like that instead.

This is why you're a future Emmy winner.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#186 » by engelmartin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:15 am

blazza18 wrote:
SupremeHustle wrote:Young 3 and D big with unlimited offensive potential who is not afraid to mix it up. I wish we could have signed a guy like that instead.

This is why you're a future Emmy winner.

he hasn't won one yet?!
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,051

Post#187 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:34 am

Suns fan here...Its an interesting signing hes still so young and can improve. His biggest weakness is his confidence.

He does the same thing with 3 point shots where he is wide open then passes it or making a bad pass because he thinks about it to much and telegraphs it.

His greatest attribute id say is his defense. It may not show up in the stat sheet but he doesn't just block shots he will change a lot of shots so they miss. Hes pretty smart on defense.

Like I said all he needs to do is break out of his shell. You cant really teach confidence its something he has to do on his own. Maybe a change of scenery will help. If he comes in the same bender from Phoenix he will drive u crazy. Like others have said its low risk high reward... Maybe he finds himself maybe he doesn't.

If I was a betting man Bender will be out of the league after this contract. But that's why I don't bet and HOPE Bender proves me wrong. Hes still so young and has the ability to mature, improve, and gain that confidence.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#188 » by th87 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:22 am

Predicting (hoping) trade chip for disgruntled star
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#189 » by Sigra » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:29 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:

I just watched this like 10 times in the row. The most impressive thing for me here is not that he decided to make pass there. Its the way how he run after he made pass (like he did something good) :lol:
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,051

Post#190 » by SlovenianDragon » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:39 am

Sigra wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

I just watched this like 10 times in the row. The most impressive thing for me here is not that he decided to make pass there. Its the way how he run after he made pass (like he did something good) :lol:

good point some people think he just doesn't have the passion for bball.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#191 » by H2tObes » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:50 am

Look at the bench after the pass, a collective WTF. Dudley (?) just leans back and thinks "I'm too old for this ****"
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#192 » by AussieBuck » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:44 am

Mids is right enough about Brook. The D is designed around Giannis and Bledsoe's strengths and Lopez's weakness. (mobility)
This is why I got so excited about DJ maybe being a thing. I want to see what we can with an athlete next to Giannis who doesn't have to retreat on every pick and roll.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#193 » by Antinomy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:02 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
Sigra wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

good point some people think he just doesn't have the passion for bball.

They’re down 29-5 & instead of taking the open layup, he decides to kick it out for a 3 from MARQUESE CHRISS of all people. Unbelievable.
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#194 » by stellation » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:09 am

This is 70% Bobby Simmons quality signing, which is good in my mind.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#195 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:25 am

Bud must have seen something he likes... I hope.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#196 » by midranger » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:33 am

soxperry wrote:
midranger wrote:
bizarro wrote:

He showed in the playoffs that he was capable of switching onto Kyrie Irving. Whether Kyrie was actually trying, I dont know. But that happened.

Let me tell you the tale of the possession Michael Redd shut down Kobe Bean Bryant.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#197 » by jmart762 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:06 am

I hope he's so good we let Giannis walk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#198 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:17 am

drone3 wrote:I like the mentor pairing of Vets to youngins.

Bled - Mason
Patty - Donte
Wes - Sterling
Midds - Cam
Brook - Bender

Yep and Korver - Giannis. :D
Giannis
is
UponUs
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#199 » by jmart762 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:27 am

Really I'm hoping if he sees the floor that he'll be a Pat level of contribution. Some games he will show out, some he'll look terrible but overall he's a slight positive.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#200 » by crkone » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm

Human nature is hilarious. It's funny seeing other teams linked to a player and fans get all excited about it. Then when they don't get him, same fans trash the player. I've seen it twice this season on the same board. :rofl:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |

Return to Milwaukee Bucks