Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Re: Royce O'neale's role 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:Another guy who is a real wildcard is Emanuel Mudiay. If he's your 4th or 5th option playing on the wing, instead of at PG, he could wreak havoc with his ability to beat bigger guys off the dribble and get to the rim. He adds some athleticism and ability to score in isolation.

The Rockets were title contenders playing CP, Harden and Eric Gordon in the same lineup, with either Tucker or Gerald Green. The Jazz could do something a bit similar with Conley, Mitchell, Mudiay and Bogdanovic at the 4. That's a lot of spacing and offensive versatility. If Mudiay can stay in his lane, I think it could work.

Mudiay really is just an average NBA athlete. Not saying he can't be solid, but I don't think he's the player you are describing.

I think Mudiay is fairly comparable to Tyreke Evans. He can get by bigger wings, and he can overpower most guards.

He's pretty strong, but he isn't going to be able to break down a wing defender like Tyreke can. Our offense should provide some nice opportunities for him, but he isn't going to just create high-level offense on his own (Tyreke can, when he's not playing stupid).

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz