ImageImageImageImageImage

2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Jermaine OBosh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,046

Re: 2019 Off-Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1541 » by Jermaine OBosh » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:37 pm

How much would it cost to get players like Jaylen Brown, Harrell, Malik Beasley next year in free agency?
navyblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,612

Post#1542 » by navyblue » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:54 pm

Jermaine OBosh wrote:How much would it cost to get players like Jaylen Brown, Harrell, Malik Beasley next year in free agency?

jaylen brown full max
beasley in the brogdon range $20+ mil per season for denver not to match. 4yr $90-100 if he takes another step this season.
harrell will probably be in the $15 mil range, but clippers keep him as they probably wont worry about the lux tax.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#1543 » by Red_Claw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:38 pm

navyblue wrote:
Jermaine OBosh wrote:How much would it cost to get players like Jaylen Brown, Harrell, Malik Beasley next year in free agency?

jaylen brown full max
beasley in the brogdon range $20+ mil per season for denver not to match. 4yr $90-100 if he takes another step this season.
harrell will probably be in the $15 mil range, but clippers keep him as they probably wont worry about the lux tax.
Beasley is gonna have to have a HELL OF A YEAR to get 20+ mil.

Not sure how you compare him to Brogden who won rookie of the year then kept getting better.....?

I like Beasley but he hasn't proven much except for potential.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using RealGM mobile app
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,819

Post#1544 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Our low-risk, high-reward FA signing next summer will be Frank Jackson. He's a combo guard. Split his minutes (51/49) at the PG & SG positions respectively.
He'll come cheap. He's only 21 and has a whole lot of potential. I've been high on him since his Duke days.
Pels are stacked with guards (Holiday, Ball, Hart, Reddick, NAW, Moore) so I don't expect him to get much playing time.

I think he only appeared in one summer league game this summer:

Regular season game from last year (rookie year):

Would love to pick him up via trade though, as I feel like he'll be on a lot of teams radars next summer.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant

Post#1545 » by Red_Claw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:47 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Our low-risk, high-reward FA signing next summer will be Frank Jackson. He's a combo guard. Split his minutes (51/49) at the PG & SG positions respectively.
He'll come cheap. He's only 21 and has a whole lot of potential. I've been high on him since his Duke days.
Pels are stacked with guards (Holiday, Ball, Hart, Reddick, NAW, Moore) so I don't expect him to get much playing time.

He's actually quite a high risk as his health has been a major issue from day one. Most people know he can play but it's a question of how much and for how long...

LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#1546 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Our low-risk, high-reward FA signing next summer will be Frank Jackson. He's a combo guard. Split his minutes (51/49) at the PG & SG positions respectively.

He's actually quite a high risk as his health has been a major issue from day one. Most people know he can play but it's a question of how much and for how long...

Right, his health has always been a concern. But it's still not a high risk considering he'll come super cheap and we also happen to have the best training/medical staff in the league that'll keep him in check.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#1547 » by NotMyKawhi » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:04 pm

we need this guy...believe he's a future all-star if he ever got on a team where he could get minutes

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1548 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:52 pm

WEll, since they are all but Harrell are restricted free agents on teams that won't be near the Lux tax, it would cost the money plus the other team just deciding they didn't want them anymore. Which is highly unlikely. Boston can go over the cap and under the tax to bring back JB. Denver gets 45m back for Plumlee and Millsap who both could come back at a discount. Clippers losing Harrell has the best chance. But why leave a team with Kawhi/PG13 coached by Doc to go to the raptors for the same money? The clippers can go over the cap to sign him and Mo Harkless goes away at 11.5m.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant

Post#1549 » by Red_Claw » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:18 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:

WEll, since they are all but Harrell are restricted free agents on teams that won't be near the Lux tax, it would cost the money plus the other team just deciding they didn't want them anymore. Which is highly unlikely. Boston can go over the cap and under the tax to bring back JB. Denver gets 45m back for Plumlee and Millsap who both could come back at a discount. Clippers losing Harrell has the best chance. But why leave a team with Kawhi/PG13 coached by Doc to go to the raptors for the same money? The clippers can go over the cap to sign him and Mo Harkless goes away at 11.5m.
Someone will overpay for Harrell if he continues to progress and I'm fine if it's the Raptors.

Yes clippers can go over the cap but you failed to mention that they have no back up SF or PF next year. I think they are already at 117M next year and they'll need to fill 2 back up position. Harrell is more of a center now where they already have Zubic and they're FRP from this year.

Bottom line, Harrell will need to take a discount in his prime or the Clippers will need to be very confident in Harrell cause they will be in salary cap hell for the rest of the PG, Kawhi era.

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#1550 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Red_Claw wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:

Someone will overpay for Harrell if he continues to progress and I'm fine if it's the Raptors.

Yes clippers can go over the cap but you failed to mention that they have no back up SF or PF next year. I think they are already at 117M next year and they'll need to fill 2 back up position. Harrell is more of a center now where they already have Zubic and they're FRP from this year.

Bottom line, Harrell will need to take a discount in his prime or the Clippers will need to be very confident in Harrell cause they will be in salary cap hell for the rest of the PG, Kawhi era.

They have both Kawhi and PG13, backup sf won't get many mins. Lou will get lots of sg/pg mins.

They can sign Harrell to a big deal, and still have the taxpayer MLE that many players signed for (some were room ex less than that). Ballmer isn't close to repeater tax as they have been under for years. Crazy to think they would let a player/salary asset walk for nothing at the teams current status. Just like the Cavs with Lebron, they will overpay to keep assets and upgrade team with MLE and vet min ring chasers.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#1551 » by ruckus » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Denver In: Serge Ibaka

Washington In: Mason Plumlee, Norman Powell, OG Anunoby + 1 Raptors pick + 1 Raptors pick swap

Toronto In: Will Barton, Bradley Beal

Starters: Lowry, Beal, Barton, Siakam, Gasol
Bench: VanVleet, McCaw, Johnson, Jefferson

OR

Denver In: Serge Ibaka

Toronto In: Will Barton, Mason Plumlee

Starters: Lowry, Barton, Anunoby, Siakam, Gasol
Bench: VanVleet, Powell, Johnson, Jefferson, Plumlee

I kinda prefer the 2nd one better TBH.
NotMyKawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,025

Post#1552 » by NotMyKawhi » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:32 pm

The blazers are the team to watch. Highest Payroll in the league.

They are weak at PF...Ibaka can still play PF. I'm thinking Ibaka and FVV for Whiteside, Simons and Nassir Little..if we can get a future 1st, grab it.

makes sense for both teams imo...Blazers fill starting PF and back up PG with finals experience players. We get youth and maintain our cap space
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#1553 » by TheBoi10 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:30 pm

I'd like to see what Zach Lavine would do on this squad.

Lowry's BBIQ to learn from and the drive and kick spacing from our system would do wonder for him.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#1554 » by YelloC » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:24 am

I’m surprised Farried hasn’t been picked up by a team yet. He added a three to his game and played pretty good for Houston.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#1555 » by Kinger95 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:18 am

YelloC wrote:I’m surprised Farried hasn’t been picked up by a team yet. He added a three to his game and played pretty good for Houston.

Added a 3 lol

He’s 10-45 in his career and last season he made 7.

Need a Sample size bigger than that. I have a feeling if he shot 100 3’s next season he’d make under 30
TheBoi10
General Manager

Post#1556 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Raptors should be tampering the **** out of Beal, KAT and Booker
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#1557 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:22 am

TheBoi10 wrote:Raptors should be tampering the **** out of Beal, KAT and Booker

Masai was spotted at Canoe with Giannis's family this past Friday.
Don't know if that counts as tampering.

(issa joke)
StringerBell
Veteran
And1: 2,200

Post#1558 » by StringerBell » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:55 am

This is a big make or bust year for Brown. By seasons end he could be looking at near max or could have trouble getting 18per....Can't imagine Denver not matching any offer for Beasley and Harell's getting the max if he shows out like I think he will.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,851

Post#1559 » by VancouverRaps » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:56 am

NotMyKawhi wrote:we need this guy...believe he's a future all-star if he ever got on a team where he could get minutes

Would love it if Masai could somehow make that happen, I assume Portland is win-now mode and would only consider moving him if they can upgrade their rotation significantly.
We the Champs
TheBoi10
General Manager

Post#1560 » by TheBoi10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:13 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:Raptors should be tampering the **** out of Beal, KAT and Booker

Masai was spotted at Canoe with Giannis's family this past Friday.
Don't know if that counts as tampering.

(issa joke)

Canoe?

Return to Toronto Raptors