ImageImageImageImageImage

Jim Barnett To Be Replaced By Kelenna Azubuike

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Jim Barnett To Be Replaced By Kelenna Azubuike 

Post#21 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:31 pm

gst8 wrote:They probably feel bad for Fitzgerald after getting canned from KNBR. Not looking forward to this pairing at all though.

He didn't get canned from KNBR. 95.7fm is the station that carries the Warriors. It's presumed he will end up on that station.

Much like Greg Papa LEFT 95.7 for KNBR because it's the home of the 49ers.

I could be wrong though.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
bballguy50
Veteran
And1: 108

Post#22 » by bballguy50 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Conceding that this had to happen at some point, they certainly could have made worse choices. I like Buike, very knowledgeable and he’s not awkward on TV at all. That awkwardness will be Fitz’s fault.

I think he’ll be solid as he develops his own opinions and how to deliver them on TV, but it will definitely take some time for him to understand how to be more entertaining and not too PC.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#23 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:27 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
likemycurryhot wrote:TNT apparently is letting Roz Gold-Onwude go. Maybe the Dubs can bring her back. This losing so many of the core members of the dynasty is starting to get depressing.

She’s terrible and Kerith Burke is the first good sideline reporter we’ve had since I can remember.

Those are fighting words! We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Ros and Kristen Ledlow are cringe-worthy bad
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#24 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:33 pm

Trade Fitzgerald + Free retail space at the Chase Centre to the Niners for Greg Papa
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,294

Post#25 » by NeoWarriors » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
gst8 wrote:They probably feel bad for Fitzgerald after getting canned from KNBR. Not looking forward to this pairing at all though.

He didn't get canned from KNBR. 95.7fm is the station that carries the Warriors. It's presumed he will end up on that station.

I could be wrong though.
He did get canned from KNBR. He and Gary Radnich were both let go. Allegedly was a cost-saving move to bring Greg Papa over. But I guarantee you Papa had something to do with Fitz getting shown the door. I doubt it had anything to do with the Warriors moving to the game because that was like three years ago. I hope he doesn't land at 95.7... but if he does I hope he replaces Steinmetz and Guru. Adding Bonta Hill to that mess just made it worse. It's a sad day when I would advocate Bob Fitzgerald over anybody.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#26 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:09 pm

NeoWarriors wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I could be wrong though.
He did get canned from KNBR. He and Gary Radnich were both let go. Allegedly was a cost-saving move to bring Greg Papa over. But I guarantee you Papa had something to do with Fitz getting shown the door. I doubt it had anything to do with the Warriors moving to the game because that was like three years ago. I hope he doesn't land at 95.7... but if he does I hope he replaces Steinmetz and Guru. Adding Bonta Hill to that mess just made it worse. It's a sad day when I would advocate Bob Fitzgerald over anybody.

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app

“Paybacks a bitch Fitz”
-Greg Papa

I agree, Bonta doesn’t fit with Steiny and Guru. Steinmetz doesn’t seem too into it either. Where would Fitz fit in though? In Papas old slot with Bonta?
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,238

Post#27 » by CS707 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

I could be wrong though.

He got canned. I know this to be as close to factual as a non-insider can get. His KNBR show was not related to his affiliation with the Warriors. His relationship with the Warriors may eventually land him a gig with 95.7 but there’s nothing yet.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#28 » by azwfan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:23 pm

gst8 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I could be wrong though.

He got canned.

Its a miracle!
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,238

Post#29 » by CS707 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:33 pm

azwfan wrote:
gst8 wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

I could be wrong though.

He got canned.

He’s actually 100 times worse on the radio IMO so I’ll take this over him broadcasting games for us. After listening to some of the other guys around the league it could actually be a lot worse. Azubuike is just kind of boring for tv.

Its a miracle!
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#30 » by likemycurryhot » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:43 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:
likemycurryhot wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:
She’s terrible and Kerith Burke is the first good sideline reporter we’ve had since I can remember.

Those are fighting words! We’ll have to agree to disagree.

Ros and Kristen Ledlow are cringe-worthy bad

I guess Kristen Ledlow will have to be our common ground.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#31 » by Samurai » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:54 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:TNT apparently is letting Roz Gold-Onwude go. Maybe the Dubs can bring her back. This losing so many of the core members of the dynasty is starting to get depressing.

Roz is gorgeous so I'm biased! But I think Kerith does better interviews and asks more insightful questions. So as much as I love seeing Roz, I don't think Kerith has done anything to warrant losing her job. Her knowledge and understanding of the game is impressive.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#32 » by DaHef » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:11 pm

I could definitely get up for that!
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#33 » by likemycurryhot » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Samurai wrote:

Roz is gorgeous so I'm biased! But I think Kerith does better interviews and asks more insightful questions. So as much as I love seeing Roz, I don't think Kerith has done anything to warrant losing her job. Her knowledge and understanding of the game is impressive.

No shots fired at Kerith, who's really good at her job. Its more like Roz brought a light touch to her interviews and had good chemistry with the players. And, yes, very easy on the eyes.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#34 » by Money_ » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Jim has some really valuable insight to the game that other former players (no knock on Buke) just don't.

To hear him go into detail about footwork or about which side of the rim a player should finish on, or how to get around screen etc is just the stuff you just don't hear anywhere else. The guy is a gem in that regard. He is getting up there in age, and is probably thinking about winding his career down.
nismolos
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#35 » by nismolos » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:32 pm

Living in SoCal and based off having so many nationally televised games, i didnt get NBA league pass last year. I was actually excited to watch the regular season again this year with KD being gone and all and JB was a big part of that. Was basically raised on his commentary since the run tmc days when I lived in the east bay. This is a sad day. Stings a lot more than losing any player not named Curry. Hopefully he still makes appearances on TV occasionally.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,137

Post#36 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:41 pm

So are the Warriors radio broadcasts streamed anywhere?

Don’t think I have a radio any more.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#37 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:10 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:
Samurai wrote:

No shots fired at Kerith, who's really good at her job. Its more like Roz brought a light touch to her interviews and had good chemistry with the players. And, yes, very easy on the eyes.

Who else but Ros can suggest Klay "feeds on the D" and get him to laugh?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:48 pm

Jim would have been great broadcasting all of the young guys. He's the type of dude who felt the need to go and give tips to guys coming up. I know he helped Klay with some stuff. Subtle things like jab step, and how to use a screen properly.

I just wish they still did simulcast like to old days.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#39 » by East Bay Sports » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Buke is cool but I'll be syncing up radio broadcasts with my tv viewing from now on.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#40 » by DaHef » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:15 pm

wco81 wrote:So are the Warriors radio broadcasts streamed anywhere?

Don’t think I have a radio any more.

I stream 95.7 on Radio.com. In the playoffs, it would go dead just before the game. Not sure about the regular season.

Return to Golden State Warriors