ImageImage

Meyers Leonard's long awaited appreciation topic

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Soulyss
General Manager
And1: 3,621

Re: Meyers Leonard's long awaited appreciation topic 

Post#41 » by Soulyss » Fri Jul 5, 2019 2:15 pm

You know what is interesting... I would re-sign him to be the 9th or 10th man on the bench next year assuming it was close to a vet-min deal 9M over 3yr type deal. You know he likes it here, would probably be happy in a back of the rotation big role. We will need depth next off-season and he's honestly a guy I would target to get on the cheap.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#42 » by Shem » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:19 am

Meyers will wear #0 for the Heat. Gee, I wonder where he got the number idea from? :P
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#43 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:19 am

DusterBuster wrote:Ugh

https://www.amazon.com/Jail-Blazers-Portland-Became-Basketball/dp/1683582608

I have no idea the average age of the Portland board but for this franchise's fan base from the early
days of the Sidney Wicks' teams has always had expectations for actions and behavior of their players.
The term "jailblazers" had less to do with overt criminal behavior but less than ideal lifestyles of
the players representing the only professional team this city has.

The fans were repulsed by Sheed (CTC), Ruben Patterson (sex offender), Damon Stodamire (caught for
bringing pot in airport), Quntel Woods (dog fighting), Zach Randolph, etc.

The fans expressed their uutrage with their feet with team attendance at the games dropping sharply
which led to the departure of Bob Whitsett and eventually to the cleansing of the franchise with the
arrival of #4,5 greatest players in B-Roy and LA. We've been blessed with generally good people since
2006 with Batum, Matthews, JP, Andre Miller, Dame, CJ, Nurk following Roy, and LA
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#44 » by DusterBuster » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Norm2953 wrote:

I have no idea the average age of the Portland board but for this franchise's fan base from the early
days of the Sidney Wicks' teams has always had expectations for actions and behavior of their players.
The term "jailblazers" had less to do with overt criminal behavior but less than ideal lifestyles of

The fans were repulsed by Sheed (CTC), Ruben Patterson (sex offender), Damon Stodamire (caught for

The fans expressed their uutrage with their feet with team attendance at the games dropping sharply
which led to the departure of Bob Whitsett and eventually to the cleansing of the franchise with the
arrival of #4,5 greatest players in B-Roy and LA. We've been blessed with generally good people since
2006 with Batum, Matthews, JP, Andre Miller, Dame, CJ, Nurk following Roy, and LA

OK.... What does that have to do with d-train Trump and his "Fake News" parroting...?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#45 » by Norm2953 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:20 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
Norm2953 wrote:

OK.... What does that have to do with d-train Trump and his "Fake News" parroting...?

Just my poor attempt at avoiding politics that stem from current events. I have little doubt the two
most popular Blazers (along with Clyde) are B-Roy and Dame and they emerged from the near
total dislike of those teams that represented this city prior to the arrival of Roy. Renember it was
during those years when the team filed for bankruptcy.
d-train
RealGM
And1: 1,098

Post#46 » by d-train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:14 pm

Norm is a fake news machine. Just about everything he says is regurgitated fake news. Blazers fans were not repulsed by any team Rasheed was on. The Blazers didn't get bad until they traded Rasheed. And, Blazers didn't trade Rasheed on their own accord. Blazers offered Rasheed a contract extension that he rejected. He didn't reject it because it wasn't enough money. He rejected it because he intended to leave the team when his contract was over. Really, a good decision by Rasheed. He was in his prime and the teammates that could help him win were old and gone.

The decline of the Blazers began with the aging of key players Pippen, Sabonis, and Smith. The Blazers only had the draft and MLE to replace those players. The replacements Wells, Davis, Patterson, and Anderson did not measure up to what was lost by aging of the previous players.

Paul Allen decided to coincide the restructuring of a bad finance deal with the rebuilding of his team. Actually, a very good decision considering bad ticket sales would help him with his effort to restructure the teams debt. Blazers fans didn't stop buying tickets until after Rasheed, Pippen, and Sabonis were gone and the team was bad. Jail Blazers was just a media invention to sell papers with negative stories, and for people of bad character to pile onto a team during its rebuilding years.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers