ImageImageImageImage

Eating Crow: VOL. Jonathan Isaac

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Re: Eating Crow: VOL. Jonathan Isaac 

Post#261 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:12 pm

We have dates and weights for Isaac. Mar 2018- 222lbs. June 2018-- 220 lbs. So he's up for sure and will probably net a 10lbs gain by the next off-season after losing some as the season goes on.

Starting next summer at 230 should allow him to stay at 240 for an entire season if he wants to.
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,418

Post#262 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:14 pm

rcklsscognition wrote:We have dates and weights for Isaac. Mar 2018- 222lbs. June 2018-- 220 lbs. So he's up for sure and will probably net a 10lbs gain by the next off-season after losing some as the season goes on.

Starting next summer at 230 should allow him to stay at 240 for an entire season if he wants to.

:clap:
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#263 » by fendilim » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:30 pm

UCFJayBird wrote:
rcklsscognition wrote:We have dates and weights for Isaac. Mar 2018- 222lbs. June 2018-- 220 lbs. So he's up for sure and will probably net a 10lbs gain by the next off-season after losing some as the season goes on.

:clap:

I think he lost some weight towards the end of last season. no?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#264 » by tiderulz » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:31 pm

yeah, but who provides those weights? espn just lists whatever players or teams say. ive seen players listed above and below their height and weight.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#265 » by Skin » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:30 pm

Grooooooot!
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,288

Post#266 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:18 am

Just waiting till somebody puts out "off season grind, Wiggins is now 260 pounds, brought to you by... summer hype lies".

No, let's get it straight

This guy , with this gigantic biceps and hands, built like a brick wall is now weighting like 8 pounds less than this guy?

Use memes without swearing please. Thanks. -Knightro

I also feel sorry for people who actually belive Lebron is 260 and who think that Dwight Howard is 6'11.

This is typical summer hype / NBA propaganda that nobody can confirm.
All sports do it , but nba takes it another level.

With no standardized way of tracking height, a number of players have seen random, year-to-year growth spurts—or sudden bouts of shrinking—when they change teams. And a handful have seen their heights change even while staying with the same team.

According to the league’s data, which has been kept loosely since 1994, former guard Dan Dickau went from being 6-feet tall with the Clippers in 2008 to 6-foot-3 in training camp with the Suns in 2009. He turned 30 years old in between.

DJ Augustin could report himself being 6'4, 240 next year and ESPN would just wrote it in since it's irrelevant for basketball performance.

NBA players normally only lie about their size ( Kevin Love who is shortest 6'10 player in history and tallest 6'9 player in history , Durant himself) but it looks like weight crap is new thing.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#267 » by drsd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:24 am

pepe1991 wrote:NBA players normally only lie about their size ( Kevin Love who is shortest 6'10 player in history and tallest 6'9 player in history , Durant himself) but it looks like weight crap is new thing.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#268 » by pepe1991 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:54 am

drsd wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:NBA players normally only lie about their size ( Kevin Love who is shortest 6'10 player in history and tallest 6'9 player in history , Durant himself) but it looks like weight crap is new thing.

Just use Adam Silver as bulls*** meter for size

This is 6'3 Adam Silver standing in front of 6'7 Justice Winslow , but since Winslow had no shooting skills whatsoever at college, somebody come up with epic idea that he will be listed as 6'7 and small forward , not as 6'4 and shooting gaurd.

Same year, same crap

But that's not where bull*** stopps, this is another " small forward" Image

And this is how ACTUALLY 6'10 player looks when he stands near to Silver ( since i know Dario in person i know he is 6'9 without shoes )

NBA measurments are typical male measurments, men always lie about size ,how much they can lift and weight :lol:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#269 » by basketballRob » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:54 am

Anyone that watched Isaac last year saw the he was clearly stronger than his rookie year. His 2 pt FG percentage jumped over 100 pts. If he gained more strength we might see another huge increase in his game.

Players like Isaac that were completely undeveloped can have bigger jumps from one year to the next.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#270 » by drsd » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:58 am

pepe1991 wrote:And this is how ACTUALLY 6'10 player looks when he stands near to Silver ( since i know Dario in person i know he is 6'9 without shoes )

My favourite Summer league image:

And From the NCAAs:

MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#271 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:51 am

The only thing that worries me about Isaac is extra basketball activities.
He's like 200 % into religion. Preaching, making a video platform for it.
With what happened with Daren Collinson, you may fear that those activities might take his head out of basketball and might even take him out of the league at one point.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,188

Post#272 » by cedric76 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:29 am

MagicFrenchie wrote:The only thing that worries me about Isaac is extra basketball activities.
With what happened with Daren Collinson, you may fear that those activities might take his head out of basketball and might even take him out of the league at one point.

Sects are pain in the arse

Hope it doesn't stop him in his way to basketball greatness
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#273 » by basketballRob » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:31 am

MagicFrenchie wrote:The only thing that worries me about Isaac is extra basketball activities.
I think Collision was a Jehovah Witness which is totally different, although I think Serena Williams is a Jehovah Witness and she's still playing.

They just seem odd to me. They don't celebrate holidays and go to church on Saturday.

pepe1991
RealGM

Post#274 » by pepe1991 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 am

He (DC) is probably knocking on doors right now :rofl:

There is one funny meme about Jehovah witness but i don't want get myself banned
MagicFrenchie
Senior
And1: 794

Post#275 » by MagicFrenchie » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:36 am

basketballRob wrote:
I think Collision was a Jehovah Witness which is totally different, although I think Serena Williams is a Jehovah Witness and she's still playing.

They just seem odd to me. They don't celebrate holidays and go to church on Saturday.

Yes , I'm not criticizing the relgion they choose at all, but more the devotion into it. DC took it to the extreme point when he decided to quit his professional job that was going to make him earn more millions .But if it' the life he choose so be it I have nothing to say about that.
Isaac is always talking about religion on social medias , I was just wondering how much time he dedicates to it comparing to his basketball job.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,777

Post#276 » by Audi » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:23 pm

MagicFrenchie wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

Yes , I'm not criticizing the relgion they choose at all, but more the devotion into it. DC took it to the extreme point when he decided to quit his professional job that was going to make him earn more millions .But if it' the life he choose so be it I have nothing to say about that.
Isaac is always talking about religion on social medias , I was just wondering how much time he dedicates to it comparing to his basketball job.

It's no different in the end than any other player. Think about it - players across the league have tons of distractions and other responsibilities outside of basketball. Even just on our team - AG into meditation and starring in movies, Ross and Vuc well known family men with little kids, Evan cupping and experimenting with hair growth methods, etc. I'm assuming some players party hard, have gf's, side businesses, etc to take their mind off the game at times. It's not like JI is piling religion onto time and mind space already taken up by these other things. I highly doubt there's any sort of conflict to worry about unless you don't want to listen to worship music in the gym (which he does).
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#277 » by paperboymafia » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:49 pm

Not at all concerned by Isaacs religious tendencies and neither should you. Just because he wears it on his sleeve doesn't mean there are not countless other players of faith (christian, muslim etc) that don't also practice their faith all the time with equal vigor in their own ways and just don't post about it all over socials or talk about it in public.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#278 » by j-ragg » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:44 pm

Collison is one of the weirdest cases we’ve seen here. Shouldn’t act like the outlier is the norm (not that anyone’s really doing that).

If there is 1 detriment to it (and this isn’t meant to make him stop doing what he’s doing), it’s that religion makes a lot of dudes uncomfortable. I could see it turning off teammates if he was extra preachy toward them, but he doesn’t really seem like the type.

Dwight was the same way until the nba happened to him. At least Isaac isn’t a massive hypocrite on that sense.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#279 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:02 pm

Spoiler:

Jesus...Ill see you guys in September. This board is a scary place during this time of year.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#280 » by fendilim » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:01 pm

The only people that should be concerned about Isaac’s religion is the NBA.

Heck, for one, the NBA has tried to stop Lebron James from thanking “God” or using the word “God” so Lebron has started to use “the Man above”.

Being religious and stuffs, i dont think is going to hurt Isaac’s charisma. I think its how isaac can adapt to these guys and maintain a close relationship while respective his own beliefs that should be the concern here.

Not to mention, management also plays a role in attracting players to come here and play.

Return to Orlando Magic