Timberwolves free agency

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Re: Timberwolves free agency 

Post#381 » by KGdaBom » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Jedzz wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:Nowell said on his twitter which he deleted afterwards, “i know its just business but damn...”

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

OH SHOOT. This guy held the season's hopes in his hands. Now what. Probably offered a scratchmark over a two-way deal, or none at all. Maybe they told his agent they forgot they drafted him.

He shoots over 40% from 3. We probably attached a clause that he can't do that any more. :crazy:
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#382 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:11 am

KGdaBom wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
_AIJ_ wrote:Nowell said on his twitter which he deleted afterwards, “i know its just business but damn...”

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

OH SHOOT. This guy held the season's hopes in his hands. Now what. Probably offered a scratchmark over a two-way deal, or none at all. Maybe they told his agent they forgot they drafted him.

He shoots over 40% from 3. We probably attached a clause that he can't do that any more. :crazy:

That is a great point! it doesn't appear that is an attractive trait to this team.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#383 » by Klomp » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:00 am

Jedzz wrote:Do you guys know if there is a date that he must get signed by? and if not by then what occurs?

No deadline, and we would retain his draft rights.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#384 » by KGdaBom » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:42 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Do you guys know if there is a date that he must get signed by? and if not by then what occurs?

Seems like he needs to suck it up and sign.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#385 » by Jedzz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:06 am

Klomp wrote:

Thanks for that. In some scenarios or some team scenarios it might be better to not get drafted at all if you are going to fall to 2nd round. Oh hi prospect! Just so you know we are going to draft you but we likely have 5 players we want to play and pay at your position before you. ...how do I say No Thanks in Chinese?
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#386 » by Jedzz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:37 am

Beal getting offered a 3 year extension. I like the length of deals like that. He might not, and for someone like him I would feel better with longer. But still 3 year deals sound perfect for everyone involved. Long enough to attempt something. Not long enough to make you have buyers remorse too bad if it comes to that. Not long enough for a player to end up feeling like he's got to get out early because if it comes to that it's easy to move an expiring or sign and trade extension after two. So two good years and a third to work what's next. If I was a pro I would be likely asking for 3 years.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#387 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:59 am

Jedzz wrote:Beal getting offered a 3 year extension. I like the length of deals like that. He might not, and for someone like him I would feel better with longer. But still 3 year deals sound perfect for everyone involved. Long enough to attempt something. Not long enough to make you have buyers remorse too bad if it comes to that. Not long enough for a player to end up feeling like he's got to get out early because if it comes to that it's easy to move an expiring or sign and trade extension after two. So two good years and a third to work what's next. If I was a pro I would be likely asking for 3 years.

If he signs it, it'd be three years in addition to the two years remaining on his current deal.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#388 » by Jedzz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:36 am

Klomp wrote:If he signs it, it'd be three years in addition to the two years remaining on his current deal.

I didn't think of that. He probably shouldn't then.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#389 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:57 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:If he signs it, it'd be three years in addition to the two years remaining on his current deal.

Yup, this is the same type of situation Butler was asking for last year. Biggest difference is that Washington has the money to make the offer.

Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,762

Post#390 » by Slim Tubby » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:36 pm

Jedzz wrote:Beal getting offered a 3 year extension. I like the length of deals like that. He might not, and for someone like him I would feel better with longer. But still 3 year deals sound perfect for everyone involved. Long enough to attempt something. Not long enough to make you have buyers remorse too bad if it comes to that. Not long enough for a player to end up feeling like he's got to get out early because if it comes to that it's easy to move an expiring or sign and trade extension after two. So two good years and a third to work what's next. If I was a pro I would be likely asking for 3 years.

Can you imagine being offered a 3-year $111M extension by your employee and you had to "think about it"? I'd be running around my office complex buck naked screaming like the Geico pig in the back seat.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#391 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:18 pm

Would anyone be opposed to us bringing in Jeremy Lin on a cheap 1 yr deal?
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#392 » by shrink » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:15 pm

DaKid wrote:Would anyone be opposed to us bringing in Jeremy Lin on a cheap 1 yr deal?

I’d like that. I want to see Napier get some play, but we could use a third PG in case of injury, to be able to run an offense within which our youth can develop.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
DaKid
Senior
And1: 186

Post#393 » by DaKid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:17 pm

shrink wrote:
DaKid wrote:Would anyone be opposed to us bringing in Jeremy Lin on a cheap 1 yr deal?

I’d like that. I want to see Napier get some play, but we could use a third PG in case of injury, to be able to run an offense within which our youth can develop.

No one else seems willing to give him another chance. Who knows if he would take a 1 yr deal over going overseas but why not if he would
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#394 » by Killboard » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:28 pm

Slim Tubby wrote:

Can you imagine being offered a 3-year $111M extension by your employee and you had to "think about it"? I'd be running around my office complex buck naked screaming like the Geico pig in the back seat.

Well, given Beal could have similar offers is more like a new job for you for whatever pay you get now, but working for one of the worse companies in the market.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#395 » by Jedzz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:33 pm

Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

Yup, this is the same type of situation Butler was asking for last year. Biggest difference is that Washington has the money to make the offer.
We would have the space when they take Dieng and Teague off our hands.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#396 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:44 am

Jedzz wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

We would have the space when they take Dieng and Teague off our hands.

Huh?

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,297

Post#397 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:38 am

Vonleh was by far the Knicks' best two-way player last season, and the one constant in our best 5-man line-ups. He was good on both ends. Unless he gets lazy after signing his contract, he will fit nicely alongside KAT. One of the most underrated signings of the offseason.

I hope to see your Wolves succeed after Thibs stole your future.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#398 » by Jedzz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:25 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:Vonleh was by far the Knicks' best two-way player last season, and the one constant in our best 5-man line-ups. He was good on both ends. Unless he gets lazy after signing his contract, he will fit nicely alongside KAT. One of the most underrated signings of the offseason.

I'm hoping your thoughts on Vonleh are right, and that the right players get the minutes. We have a small beaver dam forming around the bigs situation.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#399 » by KGdaBom » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:54 am

Chanel Bomber wrote:Vonleh was by far the Knicks' best two-way player last season, and the one constant in our best 5-man line-ups. He was good on both ends. Unless he gets lazy after signing his contract, he will fit nicely alongside KAT. One of the most underrated signings of the offseason.

When I was paying attention to Vonleh he was constantly doing good stuff. Thanks for stopping by and backing up my opinion. :D
Nick K
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,945

Post#400 » by Nick K » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:21 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

When I was paying attention to Vonleh he was constantly doing good stuff. Thanks for stopping by and backing up my opinion. :D

I'm hoping Vonleh starts next to Towns. I'm not buying a full diet of RoCo at the 4. Of course, he has to earn it, but his play indicates he's ready to contribute in a big way.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves