ImageImageImageImageImage

Chase Center

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Re: Chase Center 

Post#21 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:25 pm

Can't compare it to Levi's. Part of the problem with Levi's is nobody wants to watch the NFL live, especially when it's a terrible team. So most of the people there are people with silicon valley corporate giveaway tickets. Plus, nobody wants to drive out to a middle of nowhere business park in Santa Clara.

I think Chase will still bring da ruckus. Look at MSG, its expensive af and has a lot of wine and cheese folks there and its still a good crowd for a terrible team.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,126

Post#22 » by clyde21 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:25 pm

likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#23 » by likemycurryhot » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:51 pm

This is...interesting...

Read on Twitter
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#24 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:50 pm

Wish we would have gone back to a blue floor. The seats look dope though, no more of that cheddar cheese wedge bull**** in the corners.

clyde21
RealGM

Post#25 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:25 am

clyde21 wrote:Image

FYI it says 'San Francisco' on the other side of the court
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#26 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:49 am

Not sure if it will be easier to get to from San Jose.

With the team expected to win fewer games, maybe ticket prices won’t be too crazy.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#27 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:52 pm

18,064 seats

950 parking spots
clyde21
RealGM

Post#28 » by clyde21 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:31 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:18,064 seats

950 parking spots

even if every car is full 5 people each, about 4700 people. :lol:
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#29 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:36 pm

How many parking spots at Oracle?

So are they going to run a lot of buses from Caltrain and the nearest BART?

Probably charge at least $50 to park in the limited spaces? I think Giants parking is high too because they have limited spaces.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#30 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 pm

wco81 wrote:How many parking spots at Oracle?

Probably charge at least $50 to park in the limited spaces? I think Giants parking is high too because they have limited spaces.

It's a little more than 1/2 mile walk from BART, but the Muni is free from BART to the Chase Center.
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#31 » by likemycurryhot » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:24 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
wco81 wrote:How many parking spots at Oracle?

It's a little more than 1/2 mile walk from BART, but the Muni is free from BART to the Chase Center.

They’re also beefing up the T-line service which runs right in front of the arena. It will still probably be a mess for drivers.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM

Post#32 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:58 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:18,064 seats

950 parking spots

I read that too, I don’t see why they’re not making the Giants parking lot available. Or are they? It’s a 3 block walk.

I dunno I just moved to San Jose, so I’ll be taking a long ass train ride.

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#33 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:40 pm

I’m excited for it! Also can’t wait to hang out around the arena pregame since the area has a lot of awesome spots that are walking distance.

Warriors had the oldest arena in the NBA with Oracle it’s about time they upgraded. Games at Chase Center will still be lively, bunch of people just exaggerating as if fans will be replaced with robots or something lmao.
#DubNation
CalGTR
Junior
And1: 248

Post#34 » by CalGTR » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:27 pm

It's always unfortunate when passionate fans are priced out of a venue, and I'm definitely bummed that Oakland is losing a real community asset. That being said, Chase Center is a long-term gigantic plus for the franchise. The new arena will guarantee enough cash to field whatever team the front office is able to put together. There won't be any luxury tax worries so long as Lacob and crew run the show. They'll have the means to do everything possible under the rules to compete, and it should stay that way for many years to come.

And, it looks like they did a great job on the arena itself. The seats, in general, are closer to the floor than Oracle. The ceiling is lower than Oracle. It should be a loud place, if the crowd shows any enthusiasm at all. Transportation will eventually sort itself out, but it could be a mess initially.
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#35 » by likemycurryhot » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:03 pm

CalGTR wrote:It's always unfortunate when passionate fans are priced out of a venue, and I'm definitely bummed that Oakland is losing a real community asset. That being said, Chase Center is a long-term gigantic plus for the franchise. The new arena will guarantee enough cash to field whatever team the front office is able to put together. There won't be any luxury tax worries so long as Lacob and crew run the show. They'll have the means to do everything possible under the rules to compete, and it should stay that way for many years to come.

And, it looks like they did a great job on the arena itself. The seats, in general, are closer to the floor than Oracle. The ceiling is lower than Oracle. It should be a loud place, if the crowd shows any enthusiasm at all. Transportation will eventually sort itself out, but it could be a mess initially.

The arena itself is really impressive looking and the views looking over the bay should be really beautiful.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed regarding the energy in the arena but also hope that a super rich team like this can innovate in how to make games accessible to lower-income fans who are going to get excluded from the games if some real solutions aren’t figured out. SF has the lowest percentage of African Americans of any big city in the US (less than 5% of the city’s residents!) and those that do live here are the lowest earning of any demographic group. One of the best things about Oracle before the team blew up was how diverse the crowd was and how truly representative of the Bay Area. As ticket prices climbed the crowd became more monochromatic and, honestly, less fun.

Lightyears should also mean striving to serve all of the fan base not just rich bros. Don’t be like the tech sector Dubs!
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#36 » by Scoots1994 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 pm

likemycurryhot wrote:
CalGTR wrote:It's always unfortunate when passionate fans are priced out of a venue, and I'm definitely bummed that Oakland is losing a real community asset. That being said, Chase Center is a long-term gigantic plus for the franchise. The new arena will guarantee enough cash to field whatever team the front office is able to put together. There won't be any luxury tax worries so long as Lacob and crew run the show. They'll have the means to do everything possible under the rules to compete, and it should stay that way for many years to come.

The arena itself is really impressive looking and the views looking over the bay should be really beautiful.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed regarding the energy in the arena but also hope that a super rich team like this can innovate in how to make games accessible to lower-income fans who are going to get excluded from the games if some real solutions aren’t figured out. SF has the lowest percentage of African Americans of any big city in the US (less than 5% of the city’s residents!) and those that do live here are the lowest earning of any demographic group. One of the best things about Oracle before the team blew up was how diverse the crowd was and how truly representative of the Bay Area. As ticket prices climbed the crowd became more monochromatic and, honestly, less fun.

Lightyears should also mean striving to serve all of the fan base not just rich bros. Don’t be like the tech sector Dubs!

First, sports has been too expensive for the majority of people for a long time, it's nothing new.

That's interesting about the lack of diversity of SF. You said "any big city" ... SF isn't all that "big" in square miles or population. It is the 2nd highest in density though. Asian people make up nearly 35% of SF population, so it seems they are "pushing out" everybody else as they are by far the fastest growing group.

SF was too damn expensive in the 70s and it's just insane now. We need to find ways to get people to move out of cities, and to stop having to go there for things ... ever.
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#37 » by likemycurryhot » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:05 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
likemycurryhot wrote:

First, sports has been too expensive for the majority of people for a long time, it's nothing new.

That's interesting about the lack of diversity of SF. You said "any big city" ... SF isn't all that "big" in square miles or population. It is the 2nd highest in density though. Asian people make up nearly 35% of SF population, so it seems they are "pushing out" everybody else as they are by far the fastest growing group.

SF was too damn expensive in the 70s and it's just insane now. We need to find ways to get people to move out of cities, and to stop having to go there for things ... ever.

It has close to a million residents and is the hub of the Bay Area. It’s also, as you mentioned, highly dense and very urban. By population it’s one of the 15 biggest cities in the US.

The biggest factor in the displacement of low-income folks in the US and globally has been the rise of the new urbanism movement which has reversed the trend of white flight to the suburbs. It’s primarily fed by the real estate industry now feasting on urban areas that it sucked value out of and is now inflating. In places like SF the tech industry has been allowed and even incentivized to come and basically take over the town. It’s well compensated employees have displaced a lot of the existing population. The demographics of that industry are disproportionately white and Asian and so you see that reflected in the population changes. SF has always had a large Asian population, BTW.

I’m a big fan of cities but I also believe that local government should manage economic growth so that it benefits existing residents and is sustainable over time.

Sorry to get too political but I do wish large corporations like the Warriors were more responsible and sensitive towards the communities that they operate within. In this case I think making ticket prices more accessible would make for a better product (a more energized arena) and also be a thoughtful PR move.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:34 pm

Why not have a company purchase a few of the upper level areas and then pass on a lower income price level for fans who can't afford the rest of the seating? It could be some sort of donation style of pricing. Or possible write off for the company providing the lower ticket price because they are taking a loss to purchase the areas.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
likemycurryhot
Senior

Post#39 » by likemycurryhot » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:12 am

Mylie10 wrote:Why not have a company purchase a few of the upper level areas and then pass on a lower income price level for fans who can't afford the rest of the seating? It could be some sort of donation style of pricing. Or possible write off for the company providing the lower ticket price because they are taking a loss to purchase the areas.

I’m sure there are many ways to do it, especially when you have a bunch of Silicon Valley finance brainiacs trying to figure it out.
Bayside
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#40 » by Bayside » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:40 am

likemycurryhot wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
likemycurryhot wrote:

It has close to a million residents and is the hub of the Bay Area. It’s also, as you mentioned, highly dense and very urban. By population it’s one of the 15 biggest cities in the US.

The biggest factor in the displacement of low-income folks in the US and globally has been the rise of the new urbanism movement which has reversed the trend of white flight to the suburbs. It’s primarily fed by the real estate industry now feasting on urban areas that it sucked value out of and is now inflating. In places like SF the tech industry has been allowed and even incentivized to come and basically take over the town. It’s well compensated employees have displaced a lot of the existing population. The demographics of that industry are disproportionately white and Asian and so you see that reflected in the population changes. SF has always had a large Asian population, BTW.

I’m a big fan of cities but I also believe that local government should manage economic growth so that it benefits existing residents and is sustainable over time.

Sorry to get too political but I do wish large corporations like the Warriors were more responsible and sensitive towards the communities that they operate within. In this case I think making ticket prices more accessible would make for a better product (a more energized arena) and also be a thoughtful PR move.

I live on an island that is a qtr of the size of California if that. Entire island has the population of SF. I cant believe how dense SF is. Not a fan of cities in general. Asian cities can make your head explode. But people move closer to where they can earn money. Business need to spread out. Modern world is 3rd world with 1st world conditions around industries. I.e tech. To many bubbles of good conditions mixed in with rubbish. Waiting for companies to fix this type of thing I fear is not going to happen as they are profit driven for short term.

Return to Golden State Warriors