Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,662

Western Conference Summer League Chatter 

Post#1 » by Smitty731 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:36 am

Hey All!

As I do annually, I emptied out the notebook and recorder from Summer League. Here is everything from the Western Conference teams:

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/255028/2019-Western-Conference-Offseason-Chatter-From-Summer-League

Enjoy!

Smitty
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Re: Western Conference Summer League Chatter 

Post#2 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:18 pm

Smitty731 wrote:Hey All!

As I do annually, I emptied out the notebook and recorder from Summer League. Here is everything from the Western Conference teams:

https://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/255028/2019-Western-Conference-Offseason-Chatter-From-Summer-League

Enjoy!

Smitty

Good points about Luka and KP for sure. I hope the Mavs do make some in-season moves. Dragic would be good I guess.
bobsquad
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#3 » by bobsquad » Fri Aug 2, 2019 6:21 am

"We think we have as much shooting as any team in the league now."

For curiosity's sake I took last season's individual 3 point shooting stats for all the players on our roster (2016-17 for KP) to see what their collective 3P% would be and it was 34.7%. Now that's not a great predictor because the minutes and usages won't add up the same, but still, 34.7% would have been good for 24th in the league last season.

I think this exec is confusing "has a 3 point shot" with "is a good shooter", unless he's really confident in DFS and Wright emerging as legit shooters and Luka taking a significant step forward in that regard.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#4 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Aug 6, 2019 10:16 am

bobsquad wrote:"We think we have as much shooting as any team in the league now."

For curiosity's sake I took last season's individual 3 point shooting stats for all the players on our roster (2016-17 for KP) to see what their collective 3P% would be and it was 34.7%. Now that's not a great predictor because the minutes and usages won't add up the same, but still, 34.7% would have been good for 24th in the league last season.

I think this exec is confusing "has a 3 point shot" with "is a good shooter", unless he's really confident in DFS and Wright emerging as legit shooters and Luka taking a significant step forward in that regard.

He/she might be banking on KP opening things up for other players, much like Dirk did. I actually buy that argument, and I think Luka will improve a little, but they'll need a lot of other guys to do the same, including DFS and Wright like you mentioned, but also Kleber and Powell.

Return to Dallas Mavericks